MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)

HoneyMilk

WOW.. ok seriously? Did not see this coming! I have been kicking myself for not getting a BU of Forever Marilyn... hope they repromote it :(

ahoythere

I'm really hoping they bring us some really 50s Coral-reds for lips and cheeks, I thought that color vein was strangely absent from the last lineup..... And we definitely need some less frosty shadows that can actually be used to create Marilyn looks. I thought the last bunch if shadows were a really bizarre choice. And I totally agree that FM in tones to suit more skin colors would be much appreciated!

Debbs

I went to a special MM event and bought DA which I gave to my mom. I was given an eyeshadow-Preferred Blonde which I haven't used. PB is whitish, dry and chalky on me. I hope for some new and nicer eyeshadows with better texture....................and oh, some nice lipglosses too, please

MsMiranda

Oh my gosh!! I am so excited about this collection! I only got one Forever Marilyn and I REALLY want a back-up! Here's hoping it gets repromoted!

iATEaSEAmonster

I wasn't really "feeling" the last Marilyn collection. Maybe this next one will be more striking. Otherwise, this will be an easy pass.

Kaidan

Cool! I never expected another Marilyn Monroe collection but it's pretty cool that they're doing another one. I hope they repromote FM *fingers crossed*. Maybe they'll add new colors (red lipstick dream team
pompom.gif
) in the mix or repromote the items from the previous one.

ma146rina

OMG!hopefully there will be new products and not only repromotes.i hauled everything i wanted from the collection(the blushes,FM,3 l/s)so i'm REALLY craving for new items
clapping.gif
th_DANCE.gif

BunnyHeffner

The first Marilyn collection was all about the red lip/glam Marilyn.

I think it would be neat to see this side of her represented in this collection. Still Glam, but with more pinks than reds...A kind of more natural/understated glamor.

The first two images here are from The Misfits...One of my favorite Marilyn films and where I think she looks just totally amazing...That's one of the things I love about her: She looks fabulous in bright red lipstick, false lashes and a sequined dress, but she also knocks your socks off in pigtails and a light lip.

Of course, I'm hoping Forever Marilyn is repromoted and I wouldn't be upset if the lippies from the last collection were repromoted as well. I bought (and love!) them all, except Pure Zen (since it was perm)

Naughtyp

wow really?! ughh I hope it's the same items so I dont have to stress out over it I would only get a back up of forever Marilyn and get the perfect cheek blush and another Deeply adored for my mom, its her fav. I already got every thing else the first time! I can't afford buy another entire MM collection ;( hoping for repromotes!!!

HelloBlondie

The first Marilyn collection was all about the red lip/glam Marilyn.

I think it would be neat to see this side of her represented in this collection. Still Glam, but with more pinks than reds...A kind of more natural/understated glamor.

The first two images here are from The Misfits...One of my favorite Marilyn films and where I think she looks just totally amazing...That's one of the things I love about her: She looks fabulous in bright red lipstick, false lashes and a sequined dress, but she also knocks your socks off in pigtails and a light lip.

Of course, I'm hoping Forever Marilyn is repromoted and I wouldn't be upset if the lippies from the last collection were repromoted as well. I bought (and love!) them all, except Pure Zen (since it was perm)
I totally agree with this! Another side of Marilyn!

Richelle83

I'm honestly not thrilled about this. But I guess they have to cater to a certain group of people and as usual I'm not it. #firstworldproblems

katred

Specktra Bestie
I skipped the last Marilyn collection because I felt that most of the items were dupable. I wonder where they are going to take this collection next. I'm excited to see the color story. Like the addict I am I will be following this as closely as every other collection.
I skipped too. I'm sure that if I didn't have 50,822 red lipsticks already, I would have jumped, but I truly had to draw a line. Given how quickly everything sold out, I would imagine at least some of this is repromotes.

Latest posts