MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

makeupgrrl

I love Lord it Up, Black Swan, Undercurrent and Blackline.  I think Lord It Up is fairly similiar to Bountiful Brown and Blackline is fairly similar to another fluidline, I can't recall which one though.  I have not tried Industrial or Designer Purple, so those will soon be mine.  My favorite fluidline is Dark Diversion, but it makes my eyes look red after wearing it all day, must be some type of sensitivity so I am always looking for an eyeliner to duplicate the color without the crackhead pink eye effect.
I also want Blackline and Undercurrent
Black swan is one of my faves. I still have 2 backups from the previous limited release. I am looking forward to getting Designer Purple. Still working with my Undercurrent. So happy these are permanent. Undercurrent is only a 20 minute trip away :)
I am definitely getting Black Swan now!
^You will love Black Swan!! It is gorgeous and they are permanent so you don't have to rush buy them.
I know so glad there is no rush...I have a feeling I will eventually be getting most of them :)
Designer Purple looks awesome too!  I tried to stick w only 1 "crazy" color (Undercurrent) since these are supposed to be perm now... I can always go back for DP, which is one I won't grab as often. I will let you know about BS!!  I'm excited to try these!  Was never too into eyeliner, so I missed out on these before.  I usually just stuck to smudging darker shadow on my lashline.  I will test it out tomorrow or at least by Thursday...
Thanks I would love to know what you think!

LivestrongH2

I am seriously going nuts waiting for my stuff to arrive. I haven't spent a lot on a MAC collection is probably over a year and I went buck wild on Vera, shop cook and the Iris lippies yesterday that restocked. I'm waiting on quads, pigment stacks, lipsticks, eyeliners, pearlmatte powder. HURRY UP!

Richelle83

I tried and failed to use my elf c brush to do a dry application of Butterfly Party
ohboy.gif
But using my finger worked so well, less messy for sure and didn't waste any product. The colors all together make a beautiful combination.

liba

I tried and failed to use my elf c brush to do a dry application of Butterfly Party
ohboy.gif
But using my finger worked so well, less messy for sure and didn't waste any product. The colors all together make a beautiful combination.
Fingers are a good option for CMPs - it's that sort of oily base - the warmth of the fingers heats it up enough to pat it on in a really smooth, dense layer. A really stiff flat brush is good too, if you make sure to grind it really well into the brush first (which also warms it up a bit, as well as evening out the pigment particles in the suspension).

Personally I think a brush is a little better if you want to be sure you haven't applied them so thickly that they start to crease or flake off, like can sometimes happen with a finger. Low maintenance, they are not! So worth it if you love sparkle, though!

Richelle83

Fingers are a good option for CMPs - it's that sort of oily base - the warmth of the fingers heats it up enough to pat it on in a really smooth, dense layer. A really stiff flat brush is good too, if you make sure to grind it really well into the brush first (which also warms it up a bit, as well as evening out the pigment particles in the suspension).
Personally I think a brush is a little better if you want to be sure you haven't applied them so thickly that they start to crease or flake off, like can sometimes happen with a finger. Low maintenance, they are not! So worth it if you love sparkle, though!

Thanks Liba! I'm going to try tomorrow with some other brushes I have to see how they fair. Low maintenance indeed they are not but that is ok.

LARAELYSE

I love Lord it Up, Black Swan, Undercurrent and Blackline. I think Lord It Up is fairly similiar to Bountiful Brown and Blackline is fairly similar to another fluidline, I can't recall which one though. I have not tried Industrial or Designer Purple, so those will soon be mine.

My favorite fluidline is Dark Diversion, but it makes my eyes look red after wearing it all day, must be some type of sensitivity so I am always looking for an eyeliner to duplicate the color without the crackhead pink eye effect.
this is my fave fluidline too! im wanting a pencil liner in this color with the texture of Feline!

liba

Resort Eye Kohl coming up in Reel Sexy might just be it! It's described as deep amethyst plum!

Jamiemikal13

Okay thanks guys, I appreciate it. I have purchased every crushed metal set ever and I really enjoy them, so I will probably not worry about it... I hate returning things :) Appreciate your responses though, and i LOVE the colors of the butterfly ones....
The crushed metals settle quite a bit. I would not worry about it. A little goes a very long way.

Jamiemikal13

Hi, my suggestion to you would be to make sure you take some of the pigment out and place it on a surface and be sure to then crush it into the smallest particles possible. Then use an angled liner brush and some sort of a drop of mixing medium or sealant and that works for me! I hope this helps!

I'm having issues trying to use colors from butterfly party as eyeliner
wondering.gif

Jamiemikal13

ohboy.gif

I use my 242 brush and was able to crush them well enough to use... let us know which brush ends up working for you! I always get the best tips on this site!

PrettyKitty

Here is a FOTD I did with Flower Fantasy pearlmatte powder (I know, you can't really see it) and Petrol Blue pearlglide eyeliner (used as a base).

internetchick

I go more in depth on my blog, but the Cliff Notes version is overall I like them, but they are not for beginners and Moss Garden is a dud.

Yazmin

That's beautiful. I love how the color fades in towards the tear duct. What shadows did you use on top?

Here is a FOTD I did with Flower Fantasy pearlmatte powder (I know, you can't really see it) and Petrol Blue pearlglide eyeliner (used as a base).