MAC Year of the Snake Collection Discussion (February 2013)

Jol0

I ordered enough to get free shipping, but they take shipping codes over the phone. I got one Shell Pearl and picked up Aztec Brick as well. I think it's for my daughter who loves bronze/gold shades, but if it's really gorgeous and not to close to Mythology, she may not get it. ;) I didn't order a b/u of SP because I don't think I'll go through it as quickly as I have Forever Marilyn given that SP is more of a highlight.
Do they send a confirmation email when you order of the phone? And a tracking number when they ship it?

Audrey C

Do they send a confirmation email when you order of the phone? And a tracking number when they ship it?
I've never received any confirmation for a phone order, but I've never had a problem with one either. They don't appear on the online order history, but they ship on the same schedule.

crayolaforeyes

I called and placed my order over the phone - apparently they're having some sort of technical challenge. I asked about Archie, but the woman I spoke to said it's not launching today and suggested I try on Thursday.
I just called to order however she said that she could not place an order, that they were having technical difficulties and that the collection should be up within the hour - I was like well I know others have ordered and she said that they were not able to place any orders for the collection at this time - she said that she is not able to see anything on the collection either to order - were you able to order through the pro number? I just dialed the regular number on the regular site..... maybe it is because I am in the U.S.?

Audrey C

I just called to order however she said that she could not place an order, that they were having technical difficulties and that the collection should be up within the hour - I was like well I know others have ordered and she said that they were not able to place any orders for the collection at this time - she said that she is not able to see anything on the collection either to order - were you able to order through the pro number? I just dialed the regular number on the regular site..... maybe it is because I am in the U.S.?
MAC US and MAC Canada have completely different fulfilment centers and inventories. I'm not surprised that things are managed differently.

ForeverJenn

Wth happened? I just woke up and saw on the Archie's thread that this was up! Have to say that I had a mini heart attack (SHELL PEARL)! , cursed myself for sleeping in and then typed as fast as I could to get on the MAC site. Well, it's not even up yet, really MAC? I got an email and no collection to buy hmmmpphhhh! (Rolls eyes) hopefully it goes up soon and hopefully BEFORE Archie's girls goes on line because its going to be a battle to get your stuff from that collection.

Mac-Guy

I hope both don't go up at the same time. That would be just too chaotic. The site might even crash.
The site will be fine. They often launch several collections at once. And Snake is such a small collection anyway. I would prefer only one order.

MaitaiFluff

The site will be fine. They often launch several collections at once. And Snake is such a small collection anyway. I would prefer only one order.
True that. I always envision Target Missoni chaos whenever there is a big launch. YotS may be small, but I want to get alllll my Archie/Snake stuff in one go so that means I want no one cart-jacking my Ronnie lipsticks while I'm trying to add some Cockney. :p

MACerette

You can stop stalking Buick. According to Beautyscene it won't be up until the 31st...
Perhaps just a little stalking every now and then to be positively sure?

BuickMackane

You can stop stalking Buick. According to Beautyscene it won't be up until the 31st...
Perhaps just a little stalking every now and then to be positively sure?

The 31st isn't good, I have to take a stupid English exam on the 31st. University policy, new academic staff, bla bla... Bloody waste of time if you ask me. Anyways, because it's a spoken exam (I'm taking the written one tomorrow because I totally forgot about my appointment last week hehe) and because there's going to be a whole bunch of peeps taking it I have no idea how long it will take (starts at 2pm). Fingers crossed the collex shows up after I get home. Shell Pearl will come to chez Buick!
devil.gif

honybr

Does anyone know what Aztec Brick might be a dupe for? I have an obscene amount of orange/copper eyeshadows so that means I really want it but I'm guessing I might have something close. Faux Gold, Sexpectations, or Spectacle of Yourself maybe?

JulieDiva

Just placed phone order on MAC.CA. They said technical difficulties online, but the collection should be up later today...maybe by 5pm she said.

Here's what sucks, NO PLUMFUL lipstick!!!!! They do not know why, but Mac.ca did not get inventory of plumful ...poop.

MACerette

The 31st isn't good, I have to take a stupid English exam on the 31st. University policy, new academic staff, bla bla... Bloody waste of time if you ask me. Anyways, because it's a spoken exam (I'm taking the written one tomorrow because I totally forgot about my appointment last week hehe) and because there's going to be a whole bunch of peeps taking it I have no idea how long it will take (starts at 2pm). Fingers crossed the collex shows up after I get home. Shell Pearl will come to chez Buick!
devil.gif
Otherwise I can get you one?