MAC Zac Posen Collection (February 24, 2016)

GreenEyedAllie

So I checked things out at my Macy's counter this morning. All I have to say is a big MEH. Except for Dangerously Red...beautiful color...I just don't need any more like it, but I would highly recommend it for someone who wears bright pink-reds a lot and/or does not have many of that type of shades already.

I didn't take a picture, but Sheer Madness looked like straight up glitter with little to no base color when I swatched it (Mac N1/NARS Terre Neuve). It reminded me of a less pretty lipstick version of the Ellie Goulding Explosion gloss.

montREALady

Swatched Sheer Madness and Darling Clementine

a353c113-3f70-4904-86e7-bd1daee621fe_wm.jpg

Swatch video:
[video=youtube_share;WNdAlk7u1BQ]https://youtu.be/WNdAlk7u1BQ[/video]

elegant-one

JMHO, but I felt like the quality of the lipstick texture itself was well, kinda below standards. Sheer Madness is not the pretty shade I thought it was going to be, but it's nice to layer other ls over it.

Myth

Mac-ah0lick did a lip swatch of Sheer Madness and it just looked like clear lip gloss, reinforced my decision to:marchmellow:

lipstickaddict

I did some swatches this morning, and the closest I have to Dangerously Red is Moxie (on my skintone they are a dead match). Here are some comparisons with other Mac lipsticks I thought might be close. Relentlessly Red is much brighter with more coral.

Dangerously Red in the middle, Moxie on top, Relentlessly Red on bottom, Damn Glamorous on right, Petite Red on left. I took a couple of pics in different lighting. HTH!
DSC02091.jpg DSC02093.jpg DSC02094.jpg DSC02095.jpg

VixenwithFixens

Finally got my ZP goods today from Macy's. I'm NC42 and I do not like Dangerously Red. It pulls very coral on me and not blue fuschia so it's going back. . It's night time so I will post some humiliating lip swatches of DR and DC tomorrow.

montREALady

I'm only here for the swatches. No enablers can tempt me.

we'll be strong together!!
It ain't that hard to stay away. We all have these colors.

Mac-ah0lick did a lip swatch of Sheer Madness and it just looked like clear lip gloss, reinforced my decision to:marchmellow:

Yup, it's nothing...literally. Nothing with a hint of pink! Lol

At the Macy's counter I almost missed the ZP collection. The focus is still Flamingo Park.

montREALady

I've actually been kinda wondering if Z.P. is pissed. He strikes me as one that would not be happy with this. How much influence/direction do you think they let collabs have?

I wonder. I mean we kept seeing pics of him with the collection before. I feel like who wants their name on makeup they don't like? I mean is MAC doing the big-named ppl the favor or vice versa? I wish we knew. Like Mariah, I cannot see her having it if she didn't like something in her collection.

GreenEyedAllie

I wonder. I mean we kept seeing pics of him with the collection before. I feel like who wants their name on makeup they don't like? I mean is MAC doing the big-named ppl the favor or vice versa? I wish we knew. Like Mariah, I cannot see her having it if she didn't like something in her collection.

My hubster does business and contracts law. Can't easily break the types of agreements that would have been put in place...even if one throws a diva-tantrum over a mediocre product (no offense to anyone living this stuff...it's just not flying off the shelves like big hits do).

Rinstar

I did some swatches this morning, and the closest I have to Dangerously Red is Moxie (on my skintone they are a dead match). Here are some comparisons with other Mac lipsticks I thought might be close. Relentlessly Red is much brighter with more coral.

Dangerously Red in the middle, Moxie on top, Relentlessly Red on bottom, Damn Glamorous on right, Petite Red on left. I took a couple of pics in different lighting. HTH!
View attachment 52544 View attachment 52545 View attachment 52546 View attachment 52547

Thank you for this!!! I have Petite Red and never wear it and this looks so close, so def a skip for me

montREALady

My hubster does business and contracts law. Can't easily break the types of agreements that would have been put in place...even if one throws a diva-tantrum over a mediocre product (no offense to anyone living this stuff...it's just not flying off the shelves like big hits do).

Oh I'm not talking about breaking agreements but surely they see prototypes of some sort before signing one?? That would be crazy if they don't. Yeah MAC is not doing it anymore. Not when there are companies like Colourpop where you can get quality makeup for cheap. I only buy limited from MAC and a couple staples like their lip primer and Fix+. I just ordered CP's primer, if it's comparable, there's one less thing from MAC.