MAC Zac Posen Collection (February 24, 2016)

montREALady

On my skin tone it is definitely similar to Petite Red- just a touch pinker. Glad to help!

I need to check that out. PR is satin though, right? I did comparison swatches in the week in artificial lighting but I planned to do daylight ones this weekend. I'll add PR. Thanks!

Jayjayy

Dangerously Red look good...I think if you've been buying MAC for years it's bound to get boring. Im sure the average woman doesn't have 100+ lip products to compare to every shade like we do lol.

Vandekamp

I did some swatches this morning, and the closest I have to Dangerously Red is Moxie (on my skintone they are a dead match). Here are some comparisons with other Mac lipsticks I thought might be close. Relentlessly Red is much brighter with more coral.

Dangerously Red in the middle, Moxie on top, Relentlessly Red on bottom, Damn Glamorous on right, Petite Red on left. I took a couple of pics in different lighting. HTH!
View attachment 52544 View attachment 52545 View attachment 52546 View attachment 52547

Thanks for doing this. Nice swatches.

Myth

Oh I just ordered CP's primer, if it's comparable, there's one less thing from MAC.
Hey please let us know on the ColourPop thread what you think of it! I finally ordered a lip mattifying primer from Australis and I was also thinking of picking up the NYX lip primer at CVS lol

Prettypackages

I did some swatches this morning, and the closest I have to Dangerously Red is Moxie (on my skintone they are a dead match). Here are some comparisons with other Mac lipsticks I thought might be close. Relentlessly Red is much brighter with more coral.

Dangerously Red in the middle, Moxie on top, Relentlessly Red on bottom, Damn Glamorous on right, Petite Red on left. I took a couple of pics in different lighting. HTH!
View attachment 52544 View attachment 52545 View attachment 52546 View attachment 52547

Dangerously Red look good...I think if you've been buying MAC for years it's bound to get boring. Im sure the average woman doesn't have 100+ lip products to compare to every shade like we do lol.
very good point

You were right! DR is still a touch more pink but very similar to PR. And then there's the finish. PR is shinier.
do we need both?
thanks for the comparisons ladies, i knew i had a dupe for these. But I actuaally liked sheer madness..
Hey please let us know on the ColourPop thread what you think of it! I finally ordered a lip mattifying primer from Australis and I was also thinking of picking up the NYX lip primer at CVS lol

montREALady

I will, I got my CP order with two of the new satins today as well. I'm using NYX's now actually. Which is what I used before rediscovering MAC's.

CCKK

I started off only wanting the lipsticks and now I am liking the eye palette and brush 182. Got a buffer brush with the osbournes collection but liking this one too.

Latest posts