Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

Prettypackages

Yep! I told you that I was surprised. Try it out and let me know what you think. I've got the strangest complexion/coloring, it seems.
I went back and reswatched. I got 168 too. LOL It looked like the purest golden color. 170 looked like it had a smidgen of red and 173 and 174 were straight up orange. I wouldn't have noticed it if you all hadn't said anything. 168 looks so light in the pan. I was tripping so hard about the colors, I went and reswatched the HD foundations. I couldn't find my color 170 was too light, 173 was too dark. And the undertones were off. did they change them?

MAChostage

That's a good question, but to me MUFE has always had inconsistent foundation colorings.
I went back and reswatched.  I got 168 too.  LOL   It looked like the purest golden color.  170 looked like it had a smidgen of red and 173 and 174 were straight up orange.  I wouldn't have noticed it  if you all hadn't said anything. 168 looks so light in the pan.   I was tripping so hard about the colors, I went and reswatched the HD foundations.   I couldn't find my color 170 was too light, 173 was too dark.  And the undertones were off.  did they change them?  

MAChostage

@PrettyKitty: yeah, I figured they were discontinuing Duo Mat when they introduced Pro Finish. I didn't think they'd keep two powder foundations in their line and a MUA at Sephora confirmed my suspicions.

PrettyKitty

@PrettyKitty: yeah, I figured they were discontinuing Duo Mat when they introduced Pro Finish. I didn't think they'd keep two powder foundations in their line and a MUA at Sephora confirmed my suspicions.
I didn't even think about that!! I love the Pro Finish, but nothing compares to Duo Mat when I want to conceal blemishes!! I apply it over my concealer.

shontay07108

I just ordered two new aqua rouges: bright orange and pomegranate pink along with the pomegranate liner. Next week I might get the fuchsia aqua rouge, the light green aqua cream and both eyeliners.

shontay07108

Look what we have here: Aqua lip liner 19C Aqua Rouge 19, 16, 17 Aqua Cream 54, 53
ETA: What I initially typed here made no sense. I'm wearing #16 here. I bought this and the 2 aqua creams in store today. The other 2 aqua rouge's and the liner came from Sephora.com today.
You can wear these w/ or w/o the clear gloss. It still looks and feels great. I prefer these new colors over the old ones. It's just a personal preference. I think I look more youthful in brighter colors.

MissTT

icon_eek.gif
th_drool.gif
You look hawwwwwt! I wasn't to impressed with the older colors either. Your new lippies look great. I don't like them though because the fragrance gets in my mouth. I just can't handle it.

shontay07108

:shock:     
th_drool.gif
 You look hawwwwwt! I wasn't to impressed with the older colors either. Your new lippies look great. I don't like them though because the fragrance gets in my mouth. I just can't handle it.
It always gets in my mouth, too no matter what I do but I find that it goes away.

VampyCouture

First off, you are gorgeous!!! This is why I have to reprimand you a bit:

Why, Shontay? Huh?? WHY???? Now I want more than I thought thanks to your pics.

Temptalia posted the eyeliner today and it's so pretty. Now that's on my list. So is #16 and #19. I already have 4 of these Aqua Rouges plus the liner and will need more! That mint is gorgeous too.

shontay07108

Hehe :haha: I love to enable! :devil: The mint is gorgeous. At first, it came off silver on my skin, but you know that Sephora lighting. I had to walk around and find the right spot. It's a real icy mint green. MUFE eyeshadow #34 should look amazing with it. That's one of my favorite shadows that they make. It's also a light green. Gotta try it. I was going to pass on the lavender, but the swatch changed my mind. It was too beautiful to leave behind. I'm not overly excited about teal liners, but I wanted to at least swatch this new one. It was gone! Sold out in a day. Is this Mac or what? The brown one is really nice and I like how dark and cool toned it is. No shimmer or sheen, but I almost always reach for black when I could use brown. I won't bother. I already have a lighter brown aqua eyes liner and never use it. I wasn't sure I could pull off the new aqua rouge in light coral (forgot the #), but now I'm thinking it'll be fine. I might mess around and get the baby pink one, too. The hot pink aqua rouge is perfect with Mac's Embrace Me liner. I'm wearing that in the picture, but only lightly around the edges to keep the AR in check.

VampyCouture

I wasn't sure I could pull off the new aqua rouge in light coral (forgot the #), but now I'm thinking it'll be fine. I might mess around and get the baby pink one, too. The hot pink aqua rouge is perfect with Mac's Embrace Me liner. I'm wearing that in the picture, but only lightly around the edges to keep the AR in check.
Thank you for all the tips! I will go to my Sephora tomorrow and play with this collection. The liner sold out in one day??
icon_eek.gif
Wow, people really want their teal liners. I'm going to be disappointed if they are sold out at my local Sephora, because I want instant satisfaction if I'm actually in the store lol

I need to play with the mint. I know Maybelline has one in their new collection, but I am partial to aqua creams. I am almost done with my black one which I never thought I would see the day that happened. I just picked up Lavish Lavender from Maybelline last week. Do you think they are the same, because the Maybelline one is more silvery purple than lavender on me and I want a true lavender.

As far as I'm concerned, you sold me completely on the aqua rouges, so I'm not even going to try to talk myself out of them haha.

Thank you!!

shontay07108

Thank you for all the tips! I will go to my Sephora tomorrow and play with this collection. The liner sold out in one day?? :shock: Wow, people really want their teal liners. I'm going to be disappointed if they are sold out at my local Sephora, because I want instant satisfaction if I'm actually in the store lol I need to play with the mint. I know Maybelline has one in their new collection, but I am partial to aqua creams. I am almost done with my black one which I never thought I would see the day that happened. I just picked up Lavish Lavender from Maybelline last week. Do you think they are the same, because the Maybelline one is more silvery purple than lavender on me and I want a true lavender. As far as I'm concerned, you sold me completely on the aqua rouges, so I'm not even going to try to talk myself out of them haha. Thank you!!
I haven't tried the lavender aqua cream on my eyes yet, but from swatching it a few times it looks to be a true lavender. I'm not really familiar with the Maybelline one. I have very little experience w/ drugstore makeup outside of lipstick. I can only see in online swatches that the Maybelline one seems to be a little..less? It just doesn't seem as pigmented or silky in texture as aqua creams, but I can't be sure. The Sephora I went to wasn't even my local one and I'm pretty sure they get more traffic than the one closest to me. She did say they were getting a new shipment of the teal liner in tomorrow. So, at least it's not limited quantity, just limited time it seems.

PrettyKitty

You can wear these w/ or w/o the clear gloss. It still looks and feels great. I prefer these new colors over the old ones. It's just a personal preference. I think I look more youthful in brighter colors.
Wowzaaa that #16 is gorgeous on you!!

I got the Aqua Rouge #17 today, can't wait to try it.

shontay07108

I had to return the orange one, sadly. For some reason it was goopy and streaky no matter what I did. That's crazy because I've seen it on other people and it works. Go figure. Anyway I have the bright pink and the dark pink still and I can't decide which one I love more. I hope MUFE releases more colors for the fall.