• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

* Make your own LIP PALETTE! *

Miss Pumpkin

I'm an organisation freak when it comes to my traincase, and I just couldn't stand having different random lipstick tubes which package doesn't match in shape or colour (insane, I know... but what can you do) I also work as a makeup artist, so I'm always in need of new ideas to reduce space.

And today I had an epiphany... WATERCOLOUR PALETTES!

The best thing is, I have a bunch of different brand eyeshadows that will fit in this too!!
rofl.gif
So I'm going to be getting more of these palettes tomorrow.

You could also use them for pigment pressing!!

In this tutorial we will learn how to make a LIP PALETTE.

INGREDIENTS:
Watercolours palette
Random lipsticks
Pointy knife
Old spoon
Piece of cloth to protect the table
Candle
Matches/lighter
Kitchen paper
A little stick we can use to mix
Alcohol (not pictured)
Mixing goods: vaseline, glitter, pigments...

HPIM9890.jpg

STEP 1.
Get the pointy knife and pull out all the colours in your watercolour palette. With some luck they will come out without breaking and you can give them to your younger siblings!
rofl.gif

HPIM9891.jpg

STEP 2.
When all the watercolour pans are out, clean your palette with alcohol and some kitchen paper.

HPIM9893.jpg

HPIM9894.jpg

STEP 3.
Now this is where the fun begins. Light the candle, get your old spoon and scoop out the lipstick with the pointy knife. This lipstick goes on a bit dry so I added a bit of vaseline for a more moisturizing finish.

HPIM9895.jpg

HPIM9898.jpg

STEP 4.
Place the spoon over the candle, mix together with your mixing stick and watch those lipsticks melt!!

HPIM9899.jpg

HPIM9900.jpg

STEP 5.
When it's liquid, pour into one of the slots in your palette. Mission acomplished!!

HPIM9903.jpg

HPIM9904.jpg

STEP 6.
Clean the spoon with some kitchen paper and repeat. Keep filling the slots until they're all full! Allow them to cool down and... YOU'RE DONE!!!!!!!

HPIM9906.jpg

FINAL RESULT
graucho.gif

HPIM9911.jpg

Corien

Wow that is really handy! On the third last picture the lipstick looks just like chocolate :p hihi

I'll try this out once with an old lipstick, just because it looks cool!

M_O_O_N

thaaaaaaaaank u miss pumpkin I really loved the idea and I'll definitely try it,

by the way I'm a big fan of ur Threads
greengrin.gif

makeupgal

Great idea
clap.gif
I usually smash my lipsticks into those pill organizers that are labled Monday through Friday, but I never thought to melt them on a spoon. I am totally going to try this! Maybe you should try the pill thingys, that way, you don't have to remove anything before hand.

ette

Nice tutorial, but you shouldn't melt your lipsticks. It rids many of the emolients and makes them turn bad much faster. I reccomend smushing them into a palette...it doesn't look as neat but your lipsticks will stay good.

Miss Pumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
Nice tutorial, but you shouldn't melt your lipsticks. It rids many of the emolients and makes them turn bad much faster. I reccomend smushing them into a palette...it doesn't look as neat but your lipsticks will stay good.

Yeah I'm aware of this that's why I only did it with cheap-o lipsticks that I rarely use. I was sick of having them laying around taking space!
winks.gif

MAC is love

I wanna do this! I recently read on myspace that you can also smush them into a palette & heat them in the microwave to let them melt, then put them in the fridge when you're done.
smiles.gif

xiahe

this is very creative! and probably one of the best ideas ever haha...i'll definitely have to try this!!!

Latest posts