Makeup Books

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicana90
I just bought the makeup artist handbook by gretchen davis and mindy hall. I

I LOVE this book.
It's a must read. And re-read.

It touches on a little bit of everything from anatomy to beauty makeup to fake hair & stage makeup to things to have in your kit.

naijapretty

Ciara has mentioned Makeup Designory's textbooks and I have to second her. I just got the one for beauty makeup and it explained a lot more about undertones than any other book out there, stuff that would normally take months to learn. I'm still reading it, but so far, it's an excellent book.

almmaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by naijapretty
Ciara has mentioned Makeup Designory's textbooks and I have to second her. I just got the one for beauty makeup and it explained a lot more about undertones than any other book out there, stuff that would normally take months to learn. I'm still reading it, but so far, it's an excellent book.

Is the book titled Make-Up Designory's Beauty Make Up by Yvonne Hawker?

Thanks, I would love to purchase one!!!!

naijapretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by almmaaa
Is the book titled Make-Up Designory's Beauty Make Up by Yvonne Hawker?

Thanks, I would love to purchase one!!!!

yup. It has no pictures in it, only drawn images, I've noticed for myself that I learn more from books like that. You'll still have to do some investigation on your own, but it definately helps with undertones, basic color theory, blush application and is quite detailed on different eye shapes.

off thread: also get their brushes, they're good.