Makeup Geek Eyeshadow

VanillaCupcake

I couldn't find any threads for MUG eyeshadows, so sorry if this is a repeat. Has anyone tried Makeup Geeks shadows? She has a sale going on right now, so I'm wondering how they perform. Any recommendations?

Thanks. :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
If you only buy one, get Corrupt. It's a matte black with insanely good pigmentation; a little bit will go a long way. Overall, though, I've read very good things about all of them.

glammy girl

Im dying to try them out, heard only good things. Maybe I should pick up a few on sale :) Try watching YouTube videos, I'm pretty sure there are quite a few reviews there. HTH :)

Karen_B

I have Bada Bing, Moondust and Homecoming. They're all really good. Nice pigmentation, easy to blend, lasts well over a primer... I especially like Moondust, it's a unique brownish/grey/goldish colour, hard to describe but very beautiful. I can see myself getting more of these as the price is very good too.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Big bumpage! Along with all sorts of eyeshadows, MUG now has lipsticks and pigments, as you may know. If anyone's tried any of the lippies, I'd like to know your thinky thoughts.

PeachTwist

Just ordered the Make-up Geek Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette.

27 Shades and a Z-Palette for $159 is an awesome deal.

- Appletini – Shimmery Apple green with flecks of gold
- Bada Bing – Deep Brown with flecks of gold
- Beaches & Cream – Creamy Matte Natural Beige with Just A Hint of Peach
- Bitten – Matte deep maroon red
- Brown Sugar – Warm Shimmery copper brown
- Cocoa Bear – Matte golden brown
- Corrupt – Intense matte black with a very subtle sparkle
- Cosmopolitan – Rose Gold with gold flecks and a shimmery finish
- Drama Queen – A densely dark purple with a shimmery finish
- Envy – Deep metallic green
- Glamorous – Shimmery bronze gold
- Graphite – Light graphite grey with flecks of silver
- Last Dance – Satin medium to deep plummy brown
- Lemon Drop – Shimmery Bright Lemon Yellow
- Mermaid – Metallic teal with reflects gold
- Moondust – Metallic silver taupe
- Ocean Breeze – Metallic deep green/blue
- Peach Smoothie – A light peach beige with a soft matte finish
- Pixie Dust – Shimmery Lime green
- Poolside – Bright shimmery teal with specks of gold
- Pretentious – Metallic bronze
- Prom Night – A pale purple with hints of grey and a shimmery finish
- Sensuous – Shimmery Purple with Flecks of Silver
- Shimma Shimma – Metallic Champagne
- Simply Marlena – Rosey pink with purple undertone and gold flecks
- Unexpected – Matte Pale Pink Brown
- Vanilla Bean – Light Shimmer with Peachy Beige Undertone

Beyond excited to receive them!

kait0

Just ordered the Make-up Geek Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette.

27 Shades and a Z-Palette for $159 is an awesome deal.

- Appletini – Shimmery Apple green with flecks of gold
- Bada Bing – Deep Brown with flecks of gold
- Beaches & Cream – Creamy Matte Natural Beige with Just A Hint of Peach
- Bitten – Matte deep maroon red
- Brown Sugar – Warm Shimmery copper brown
- Cocoa Bear – Matte golden brown
- Corrupt – Intense matte black with a very subtle sparkle
- Cosmopolitan – Rose Gold with gold flecks and a shimmery finish
- Drama Queen – A densely dark purple with a shimmery finish
- Envy – Deep metallic green
- Glamorous – Shimmery bronze gold
- Graphite – Light graphite grey with flecks of silver
- Last Dance – Satin medium to deep plummy brown
- Lemon Drop – Shimmery Bright Lemon Yellow
- Mermaid – Metallic teal with reflects gold
- Moondust – Metallic silver taupe
- Ocean Breeze – Metallic deep green/blue
- Peach Smoothie – A light peach beige with a soft matte finish
- Pixie Dust – Shimmery Lime green
- Poolside – Bright shimmery teal with specks of gold
- Pretentious – Metallic bronze
- Prom Night – A pale purple with hints of grey and a shimmery finish
- Sensuous – Shimmery Purple with Flecks of Silver
- Shimma Shimma – Metallic Champagne
- Simply Marlena – Rosey pink with purple undertone and gold flecks
- Unexpected – Matte Pale Pink Brown
- Vanilla Bean – Light Shimmer with Peachy Beige Undertone

Beyond excited to receive them!
Ahh! So awesome - I just made my first MUG order too! I got Beaches and Cream, Unexpected, Latte, Frappe, Creme Brulee and Hipster. It's too bad their other pre-made z palettes seem to permanently out of stock!

DILLIGAF

I have one MUG pigment and I love it to pieces. It's Utopia. I really want to purchase Liquid Gold next but I keep thinking its exactly the same as my MUFE Star Powder in #3. That collection they came out with a while back that was four different shades of gold.

Yazmin

I have one MUG pigment and I love it to pieces. It's Utopia. I really want to purchase Liquid Gold next but I keep thinking its exactly the same as my MUFE Star Powder in #3. That collection they came out with a while back that was four different shades of gold.
I just got Utopia pigment in the mail today. I can't wait to use it!

PeachTwist

I just said this in the UK Discussion thread, but my MUG package arrived!

Really pleased with how well everything arrived packaged. This is my first Z-Palette and I'm surprised at how secure it feels considering it's made out of what, cardboard? Regardless though - looking at the packaging, they didn't miss any detail. I'm really, really impressed. If I love these (haven't even swatched yet) then they may definitely and very quickly become a new favourite of mine at this price point. Genuinely and thoroughly impressed.

I really am truly astounded. The sleeves are beautiful, the printing on the back of the eye shadow pans is large and clear, unlike the MAC printing.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that I wish they would have/do - is a system like MAC for description. VP/Satin/Matte/Matte2 etc. I'm sure MAC would have a field day, but even if they put on the website what it "compared" to in their opinion would be nice. But anyway!

I may order from them again very soon -- I like the look of some of the gel liners and even their brushes. But I definitely think I'll want more shadows, though I'll need to order another Z-Palette for that as this one is going to be full, lol.

kait0

Ah I'm so excited to receive my order! Can I ask when you ordered? I'm super impatient ha

PeachTwist

Ah I'm so excited to receive my order! Can I ask when you ordered? I'm super impatient ha
Haha!

I ordered on the 27th, it shipped on the 31st and arrived at my house on the 8th. So from order to my door it took 12 days (inc. weekends) which really isn't all that bad for international.

kait0

That's not bad at al! Mine shipped march 31st as well and I have yet to receive it, and I'm in Canada for crying out loud! lol

PeachTwist

That's not bad at al! Mine shipped march 31st as well and I have yet to receive it, and I'm in Canada for crying out loud! lol
Seriously?! I'd be so mad, lol.

I kinda caved again. 3 gel liners - Fame, Rave & Twinkle. Pencil Brush, Stiff Dome Brush, Pointed Crease Brush, Outer V Brush, Smokey Eye Brush, Crease Brush & Small Crease Brush.

I have plenty of brushes, but Tati's review of them on YT really made me want to try them, especially at the price point.

The other gel liners I want - Electric & Amethyst weren't in stock and I forgot to add Poison to the basket but I'll get them another time. I added all the shadows I don't currently have to my Wish List other than I think 3 which are out of stock and the 2 Z-Palettes I'll need for them. I'll do the orders slowly, maybe one a month until I have everything.

kait0

Yeah I'm starting to wonder if it's getting delivered by foot.. Are those MUG brand brushes you bought?

kait0

FINALLY got my items today! Loving the eyeshadows so far - crazy pigmented and soft!

PeachTwist

FINALLY got my items today! Loving the eyeshadows so far - crazy pigmented and soft!
Yay! I'm happy for you! They're wonderful, aren't they? Even my partner was impressed by them!

What did you order?

My new order shipped today so I'm hoping to receive it next week at the earliest. They were super quick with dispatch this time. I'm stoked to swatch the gel liners. I just can't wait for the other 3 I want to be back in stock to try if these are as amazing as I figure they'll be!

Latest posts