Makeup Geek Eyeshadow

kait0

I got 6 eyeshadow pans - beaches and cream, creme brule, latte, frappe, hipster and unexpected! I've heard good things too about the gel liners. I definitely will be ordering more at some point, this time I will know not to expect them for a while lol.

PeachTwist

Oooh nice!

I love Unexpected. It's definitely like a Matte2 formula to me. But they're all so unbelievably soft and smooth. I think I only found 2 out of the 27 I got that aren't super soft. Simply Marlena and Appletini. They're still beautiful and decently pigmented, but they're not as soft and buttery as the rest.

I can't wait for this order to arrive though. I love trying new brushes out and I only have 1 fluidline. I've never gotten into liner on the lash line, mainly because I'd much rather just tight line and save the lid space for eye shadow as I don't have tons of it, but I'm going to try and learn/practice just a super thin line as close to the lash line as I can get so I can take advantage of all these amazing colours. The bright ones would look awesome with a neutral look, or even possibly a really dark eye and then just the awesome flash of bright liner.

kait0

I'm the same way with gel liner. Do you have hooded eyes? I've recently found that a normal/thick-ish line and then a lighter maybe shimmery shade on the lid and then slightly above, is a really nice look!

PeachTwist

I'd say they're somewhat hooded, if not mostly. In photos if you can see my actual lid it's usually because I'm forcing it to happen with my face. But if I'm in a snap photo with a friend or something, you can never see my lid - so I suspect it's because I'm not as conscious of forcing it to happen, lol!

Ooh - so liner first and the shimmery shade on top of the liner? If so, that sounds really nice - and of course can definitely be varied depending on the colour used. Liner is definitely something I need more practice/patience with. I find when I practice it, I do it great. But when it comes to doing it with the rest of my make-up, I mess it up somehow, lol. I haven't even bothered trying to wing it out yet, I'm terrified it'll look terrible. It's the one thing, along with lining my lips *perfectly* that I really struggle with make-up wise. I also have weird lips. I don't have a defined cupids bow, it's much more .. rounded? I guess is the term to use? So I never quite know what to do with the lip liner - force a cupid's bow in there or just kinda go with my oddly shaped upper lip, lol.

PeachTwist

New order arrived.

Fame gel liner is absolutely freaking STUNNING.

Twinkle and Rave are also beautiful, but I have a weakness for blues/teals/greens.

I'll definitely be purchasing the others when they're back in stock.

I ordered most of the eye brushes - they're beautiful looking. Will report back eventually when I try them out.

Yazmin

Definitely interested in what you think of the brushes. I almost ordered some, but removed them from my cart.

PeachTwist

Haven't tried the brushes yet (need to wash them)

But I used Envy and Pixie Dust shadows today and OMG PIGMENTATION.

Good god. If the rest of them apply this beautifully on the eye, I'm hella sold on buying every single shadow. I have roughly half of them anyway, but I've only just tried these 2 on the eye so far.

Absolutely beautiful, a dream to work with and intense pigmentation.

Highly recommend.

Yazmin

Guess I loved a couple of shadows so much, I ended up with duplicates and didn't even realize it until I was choosing shades for my travel palette last night. I now have an extra Mermaid and Moondust.

PeachTwist

Peachtwist, I'm going to stalk you until you tell us about the brushes. ;-)
girlhaha.gif

Yes ma'am! I'll get them washed asap and then give 'em a go!

shellygrrl

Staff member
There are new eyeshadows out! :) Pop Culture (one for the bright purple fans; seems similar to an old colour called Unicorn but maybe a bit brighter?) ~ http://www.makeupgeek.com/store/eye-products/eyeshadows/makeup-geek-eyeshadows/makeup-geek-eyeshadow-pan-pop-culture.html Glass Slipper ~ http://www.makeupgeek.com/store/eye-products/eyeshadows/makeup-geek-eyeshadows/makeup-geek-eyeshadow-pan-glass-slipper.html Shark Bait (or, if MAC Teal were pressed and matte, perhaps?) ~ http://www.makeupgeek.com/store/eye-products/eyeshadows/makeup-geek-eyeshadows/makeup-geek-eyeshadow-pan-shark-bait.html Rockstar (dupe for MAC Vellum, it seems) ~ http://www.makeupgeek.com/store/eye-products/eyeshadows/makeup-geek-eyeshadows/makeup-geek-eyeshadow-pan-rockstar.html Barcelona Beach (yay! an ashier/cooler-toned brown! And a possible Omega dupe?) ~ http://www.makeupgeek.com/store/new-products/makeup-geek-eyeshadow-pan-barcelona-beach.html

DILLIGAF

Seriously?! I'd be so mad, lol.

I kinda caved again. 3 gel liners - Fame, Rave & Twinkle. Pencil Brush, Stiff Dome Brush, Pointed Crease Brush, Outer V Brush, Smokey Eye Brush, Crease Brush & Small Crease Brush.

I have plenty of brushes, but Tati's review of them on YT really made me want to try them, especially at the price point.

The other gel liners I want - Electric & Amethyst weren't in stock and I forgot to add Poison to the basket but I'll get them another time. I added all the shadows I don't currently have to my Wish List other than I think 3 which are out of stock and the 2 Z-Palettes I'll need for them. I'll do the orders slowly, maybe one a month until I have everything.
I've been looking at Rave gel liner. Can you post swatches? Any thoughts on texture, pigmentation etc?

DILLIGAF

I did a Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Haul.

• Peacock
  • Dirty Martini
  • Galaxy
  • Envy
  • Drama Queen
  • Corrupt
  • Cocoa Bear
  • Unexpected
  • Moondust
  • Ocean Breeze
There are still a few that I would like to get my hands on. However they are OOS. Any suggestions for storage besides the Z palette?

shellygrrl

Staff member
They'll fit in MAC palettes (either old style or current with wells). Or you can get those cheap-arse 12-, 15-, or 28-well palettes on eBay/TKB Trading/et al. (I don't really recommend the 28-well one. It's not very good quality, though it will hold the shadows alright. The one I have doesn't close properly, and it's just too big, IMO.)

DILLIGAF

They'll fit in MAC palettes (either old style or current with wells). Or you can get those cheap-arse 12-, 15-, or 28-well palettes on eBay/TKB Trading/et al. (I don't really recommend the 28-well one. It's not very good quality, though it will hold the shadows alright. The one I have doesn't close properly, and it's just too big, IMO.)
Thanks! I think I will get the new MAC palette. My first one. I wanted something with a window. Only reason I didn't want the z palette is because I wanted something I could grab on the ground instead of ordering.