Makeup is killing my skin

ClaireAvril

i used to have really bad skin.. but it was all due to diet and the products I was using.
I don't know if this will help but.. drink lots of water... guzzle as much green tea as you can.. make sure your vitamin levels are okay. Cleanse your brushes.. make sure you pillowcase is always clean.
I started using Aveeno clear complexion and Clinique and now my skin is doing so much better.
Good luck

MrsRjizzle

I think you need a good moisteriser ideal for your own skin type and a good base so nothing settles into your pores. Make up forver all mat is a great base! I like it better than macs (shhhhh)

Good Luck!

By the way I see you on the MUFE High Def Thread. Every time I use that foundation I break out! just my own expierence.

X4biddenxLustX

What are you using to remove your face makeup at the end of the day? If your using a regular face wash, this could be why your breaking out. In my experience I've found that a face wash will not remove my makeup completely. The only things I've found effective at doing that are oil based cleansers. I know it sounds crazy putting oil on your face but the oils in it will breakdown and cut right through all the gunk in makeup and take if right off your skin. Mac has one called Cleanse Off Oil, so does Shiseido and Boscia. I hope this helps!

lalunia

It must be the foundation that you're using that is breaking you out. I had the same problem in hs and constantly had breakouts. For some reason, I didn't want to believe it was my foundation so I kept trying different skin products instead of just switching to different makeup lol. I went through a lot of different brands etc and finally settled on something that didnt kill my skin. (I now wear MAC SFF but I wont reccomend it, a lot of people broke out from it. I guess it depends on the skin)

Btw, one of the products I tried was mineral makeup (Everdyday minerals and BE) and my skin reacted badly to both. Give them a try, it worked wonders for my friends but with any new product, watch your skin and if you see new breakouts, it wasnt meant to be.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
Its weird because actually women who wear makeup have better skin then women who don't. They have that layer of protection from the pollution and free radicals in the air.

I feel like I break out less when I wear foundation than when I don't. I think it does offer a layer of protection, plus I'm much less likely to touch my face when I'm wearing makeup. As long as my foundation isn't the culprit of any breakouts, I think it's much more beneficial to my skin that I wear it.

aimee

i would not use a foundation for dry skin
try to find one that is oil free and non comedogenic
no cream foundation and it would be good if you get one without spf....you can still use a lotion or anything with spf underneath it if you like
and yea maybe try mineral make up
HTH

stacylynne

OK Throw out your sponges. They attract bacteria & your putting that on to your face. A BIG NO NO.
Use brushes to apply your makeup & after every use, they must be washed.

I use a very good skin care regiment, I drink about a gallon of water a day.

MissResha

bare minerals hasn't broken me out at ALL and i have very sensitive skin. i think you should try them. use a small amount from a sample or something, in a small test area and see what happens after a few days.

ashk36

I had the same problem you had for the longest time, and for me it definitely was the makeup I was using. I had only tried Bare Escentuals, and I didn't really like it, so I gave up on mmu for a long time. Then I tried Sheer Cover, didn't like that either. I then switched to a mmu that didn't break me out at all, contained no bismuth oxychloride, but didn't have very great coverage. I used that for several months before finding something with much better coverage at a very reasonable price. I use Coastal Scents, and I really do love it. I used to break out SO bad for several years until I found a decent mineral makeup. It's really all trial and error. What's great about Coastal Scents is the samples are super cheap. So are Everyday Minerals, but some people do have breakouts from them, especially the Intensive Formula. For me, Coastal Scents is where it's at. Then again, I'm at the point where I only wear makeup maybe twice a week.