MAKEUP STORE COSMETICS! New discovery for me!

Didididums

Hi Guys! There is a new makeup store just opened on Carnaby Street in London.. I knew that it was about to open so couldnt wait to visit and see what they have! I didn't really know what to expect cause ive never heard of the company, but on research, from what Ive gathered, they are a swedish cosmetics company, that are progressivly building in opening stores over the world.

So a few days ago i visited the store (with no cash unfortunately :'() and the products are BEAUTIFUL! All of the different shades and colours of eye shadows, dusts, blush, lipstick, everything is so vibrant and quite unique!! Like I said, unfortunately I didn't have money on me to buy anything but I have deffo made a shopping list for payday!!!! They are deffo on the more creative side for cosmetics, with their outrageous lashes and collection of body jewels and funky nail varnishes. I just wish i'd taken a pic of the swatches id taken!

I just thought I'd share this with you guys and to find out if any of you have heard of/use the products and what you think!

And here's a link to their site also!

Make Up Store : Home

OH! and also, if any of you have used their brushes? What do you think, cause they are so funky looking with their different coloured bristles!

Thanks for looking
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

It's a Swedish brand. They are quite big here. It's a quality brand. They only employ makeup artists in their stores/counters. What else? They're basically the same type of makeup company as MAC - in the meaning that they cater to both pros and laymen.

SeaHen

I bought an edition of their magazine once on a stall and i saved it for makeup look inspirations, it was a good read and i enjoyed the pictures( i sound like a toddler lol). Did not know they would be opening up in the UK what a coincidence

anita22

They've had a store in the Westfield in Shepherd's Bush for about 1-2 months now. I went in and was amazed at all the colours, though the pricing seemed to be more or less the same as MAC, so i wasn't especially compelled to buy without having seen any reviews. So would be interested to hear if anyone actually buys anything.

Didididums

Are you talking about White City Westfield anita22?? I go there all the time and Ive never seen it!!!!

ThePowderPuff

I love it! We have it here in Denmark too. It's great products! I love their eyeshadows and blushes, and their concealer with three colours is a staple of mine.

Pinky & Poodle

I LOVE their lip pencils, the range of colours and the smooth and soft application.
I have hard time making Mac's work, so I'm really glad I found these.

Also love their blushes
smiles.gif

JustDivine

Aw man.....somebody stop me! I reeeeaally didn't need to read this...I walked past the shop in Westfield, believing that the stuff wouldnt be up to quality. (Obviously I was trying to re-train my mind after my second visit in 3 days to Inglot......!)

JustDivine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didididums
By the way, Where is the Westfield store located? I have never seen it and I go shopping there often!

It's on the Upper Level....I believe to the right of Boots (if you were walking out of Boots), on the opposite side, just before the food court.

I could be partially wrong with my direction though...I can picture the location in my mind, but I can't accurately describe it because navigating Westfield and the exact location of each shop is still somewhat difficult, despite the fact that I am there almost every week!
th_confused_new.gif

ThePowderPuff

You have to look at their orange eyeshadow Sunrise. It's the most amazing orange ever. It's so pigmented and pretty. I love it! Don't look at the pictures of it, it looks nothing like the real deal. Also their orange blush Oh So Fresh is amazing! Be sure to check those out.

ThePowderPuff

Oh and they have som really nice glitters as well. Their version of the mixing medium is also really good if you don't have MAC Pro anywhere near (like me
ssad.gif
)

Didididums

Thanks JustDevine, I must be totally blind if i've walked past it, the first time I went there I went in pretty much every beauty shop I walked past! I'll be keeping a special eye out for it next time though!

And thanks Katjamo, I'm currently using an inglot mixing medium which is quite oily, but to be honest, I dont really know what mixing medium formulas are meant to be like, but I've been getting on with this one fine! And i'll deffinately check out that orange! Theres a really pale, chalky, shimmery mint green that i'm interested in, I can't wait for payday!!

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didididums
Thanks JustDevine, I must be totally blind if i've walked past it, the first time I went there I went in pretty much every beauty shop I walked past! I'll be keeping a special eye out for it next time though!

And thanks Katjamo, I'm currently using an inglot mixing medium which is quite oily, but to be honest, I dont really know what mixing medium formulas are meant to be like, but I've been getting on with this one fine! And i'll deffinately check out that orange! Theres a really pale, chalky, shimmery mint green that i'm interested in, I can't wait for payday!!

Oh if it's the mint eyeshadow I am thinking about it's soooo pretty!

Didididums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
Oh if it's the mint eyeshadow I am thinking about it's soooo pretty!

Yeahhh! It's like a pigment!

friedargh

We have a couple of these stores in Sydney, Australia and the price point is quite similar to mac in Australia (read: expensive compared with America, about $30AUD an eyeshadow). However they do have a good range of shadows including different finishes. The sales assistants/MUAs are also really great and know what they're on about.

I've got an eye primer from there which is great to increase colour intensity but doesn't help with creasing. Not sure if I can afford much else at the moment :p but I'm keen to try out their brushes.

Also for those who love the magazine (which is brilliant), past issues are actually available online on their website and are an excellent source of makeup inspiration.

Latest posts