Marc Jacobs Beauty

MissTT

They should have given you commission, katred. Clearly you're damn good! Sephora doesn't have a commission system so no one probably cared I made the sale. (Not sure if you know, but I was hired at the Sephora that just opened in our town. I'm on overload trying to familiarize myself with vast amount of brands/products.)

admmgz

I'm not the best person to model eyeshadow but here's me wearing some colors from The Starlet (I didn't do a full face look today so please don't mind my blemishes..)

katred

Specktra Bestie
lol
smiles.gif
thx! no curler used- it's MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash mascara
Looks amazing! I like seeing the look that you did, especially since our eyes seem to be a similar shape- give me ideas how I might use these colours...

shontay07108

Here's Keri Russell wearing a MJ lipgloss. It looks great on her: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2013/08/14/keri-russells-must-have-hot-pink-lip/ I saw this collection in Sephora yesterday. Some of the glosses seemed nice, but not colors that are unique to me. I was intrigued by the blushes, but I was immediately turned off when none of them showed up on my hand. Maybe something was wrong with the testers, but I wasn't going to buy one to find out.

MissTT

First impressions of the Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation in Cocoa Light: It looks like my skin! I was stunned. It does not look like I'm wearing foundation. Because of this I began to put more on. I'm not sure if that's necessary, but I was in a puzzled state. It glides on incredibly smoothly as would be expected with a gel. A little goes a long way due to the incredibly glide and slip of the formula so expect this to last longer than some of your other liquids. That may help you justify the slightly higher price tag. It seems to have light-medium to medium coverage. It did have somewhat of a blurring effect on my areas of discoloration. Those with heavy/dark marks would likely want to use concealer. When I added more foundation it didn't give significantly more coverage to the marks, but I was also being ginger fearing a fiasco. I'll experiment more with coverage this week. It has a bit of a glow so this oily girl is a bit concerned about that. I'm still trying to adapt to non-matte looks. The description says "supreme hydration" so if it makes me look too greasy we will have to part ways, but I can honestly say I am already thinking of purchasing this foundation. I finished with the NARS LRSP using the 187SE brush to make sure I didn't disturb the natural look. I used very little powder, but it still looks a little powdery/ashy to me. I didn't use a finishing spray just because I'm trying to experiment right now. The powder is giving me kind of a made-up look, but the foundation on it's on did not. With my oily skin I feel like I have to set it. Perhaps that's just a habit. I'll have to play around.
When wearing this foundation expect people to comment on your skin, not your makeup. A very natural looking complexion product. Three hours into wearing and I'm certainly glowing more than I typically do, but thus is the finish of the foundation so I can't compare it to my old stuff.

brittbby

First impressions of the Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation in Cocoa Light: It looks like my skin! I was stunned. It does not look like I'm wearing foundation. Because of this I began to put more on. I'm not sure if that's necessary, but I was in a puzzled state. It glides on incredibly smoothly as would be expected with a gel. A little goes a long way due to the incredibly glide and slip of the formula so expect this to last longer than some of your other liquids. That may help you justify the slightly higher price tag. It seems to have light to medium coverage. It did have somewhat of a blurring effect on my areas of discoloration. Those with heavy/dark marks would likely want to use concealer. When I added more foundation it didn't give significantly more coverage to the marks, but I was also being ginger fearing a fiasco. I'll experiment more with coverage this week. It has a bit of a glow so this oily girl is a bit concerned about that. I'm still trying to adapt to non-matte looks. The description says "supreme hydration" so if it makes me look too greasy we will have to part ways, but I can honestly say I am already thinking of purchasing this foundation. I finished with the NARS LRSP using the 187SE brush to make sure I didn't disturb the natural look. I used very little powder, but it still looks a little powdery/ashy to me. I didn't use a finishing spray just because I'm trying to experiment right now. The powder is giving me kind of a made-up look, but the foundation on it's on did not. With my oily skin I feel like I have to set it. Perhaps that's just a habit. I'll have to play around. When wearing this foundation expect people to comment on your skin, not your makeup. A very natural looking complexion product. Three hours into wearing and I'm certainly glowing more than I typically do, but thus is the finish of the foundation so I can't compare it to my old stuff.
I love it too!! T's review said she has issues with streaking but I had none. I used my real techniques buffing brush! I'm surprised I liked the coloring because I'm very olive but surprisingly the golden range works incredibly well!

MAChostage

What is your MAC shade, for comparison?
Quote:Originally Posted by MissTT

First impressions of the Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation in Cocoa Light: It looks like my skin! I was stunned. It does not look like I'm wearing foundation. Because of this I began to put more on. I'm not sure if that's necessary, but I was in a puzzled state. It glides on incredibly smoothly as would be expected with a gel. A little goes a long way due to the incredibly glide and slip of the formula so expect this to last longer than some of your other liquids. That may help you justify the slightly higher price tag. It seems to have light-medium to medium coverage. It did have somewhat of a blurring effect on my areas of discoloration. Those with heavy/dark marks would likely want to use concealer. When I added more foundation it didn't give significantly more coverage to the marks, but I was also being ginger fearing a fiasco. I'll experiment more with coverage this week. It has a bit of a glow so this oily girl is a bit concerned about that. I'm still trying to adapt to non-matte looks. The description says "supreme hydration" so if it makes me look too greasy we will have to part ways, but I can honestly say I am already thinking of purchasing this foundation. I finished with the NARS LRSP using the 187SE brush to make sure I didn't disturb the natural look. I used very little powder, but it still looks a little powdery/ashy to me. I didn't use a finishing spray just because I'm trying to experiment right now. The powder is giving me kind of a made-up look, but the foundation on it's on did not. With my oily skin I feel like I have to set it. Perhaps that's just a habit. I'll have to play around.
When wearing this foundation expect people to comment on your skin, not your makeup. A very natural looking complexion product. Three hours into wearing and I'm certainly glowing more than I typically do, but thus is the finish of the foundation so I can't compare it to my old stuff.

MissTT

I'm NC44ish, but slightly tanned now. NC45 is always too orange. Cocoa Light looked like it would be too light around the perimeters of my face, but like usual I just used a light hand in those areas and it was totally fine. I can always bronze around the perimeter if necessary. Despite the shade looking like it would be too light for my perimeter the formula made it just mold and adjust with my tone. There was no chalkiness.

brittbby

Streaking?! What was she doing? I buffed as well.
Right? I think people will get very different results if they can't apply the makeup. She also said it looked started to look cakey when built up... Again, something I didn't experience. So Idk.... I did like it but I know not every product can work for everyone! Glad you are loving it too! I was beginning to wonder if I was cukoo!

MissTT

Cakey??? brittbby you're pulling my leg. Was she slathering it on in thick layers with a paint brush? I applied more on my outer cheek areas and still can't see any caking there. The formula is really lubricious. I don't really understand. Oh well. For everyone else, please know it's meant to be buffed on. My flat foundation brush has gone the way of the dodo bird.

brittbby

Cakey??? brittbby you're pulling my leg. Was she slathering it on in thick layers with a paint brush? I applied more on my outer cheek areas and still can't see any caking there. The formula is really lubricious. I don't really understand. Oh well. For everyone else, please know it's meant to be buffed on. My flat foundation brush has gone the way of the dodo bird.
Hahaha I wish!!! Look at her review she did, she hated it!! She must've been using something crazy to apply it! =P I know I added a little extra coverage to a problem area and didn't see any cakiness. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how nice and natural it sat on the skin.

admmgz

Looks amazing! I like seeing the look that you did, especially since our eyes seem to be a similar shape- give me ideas how I might use these colours...
Thank you!! :) I don't really know how to describe what I did so if I sound stupid, please forgive me- I just picked up the palette, my 217 & 219 and kinda did whatever lol I used the 217 for everything except my tear duct area & lower lash line- that's where the 219 came into play. On the inner portion of my lids, tear duct & a little on the beginning of my lower lash line I used the gold color (5th shadow), for the main lid color I used the orange color (4th shadow), for the crease I used the dark brown (3rd shadow)- I only used it in the crease- I didn't create a v or connect the dark brown to anything, for the rest of my lower lash line I used grey color (7th shadow) & as a brow highlight I swept just a little of the light brown/ champagne type color (2nd shadow) because I didn't wanna leave it totally bare- I just wanted a little sheen. I tried to blend the colors just enough so that there weren't any harsh lines where the colors were placed but not too much to where they all blurred into one big mixture of shadow- I wanted the color change to be visible but not big blocks of color, you know? I finished it off w/ MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash mascara. I really wanted to just play with the new palette so I didn't bother with any eyeliner or anything else. I just swiped on Pure Zen & was out the door. I'm sorry I'm not much help.. :(

MAChostage

I visited my Sephora and tred the gel foundation. The color I tried, because of MissTT's post, was Cocoa Light (I'm NC44 in MAC). So far, so good! I think it looks really pretty on. I did take home a sample so that I could wear what I had applied in store for the rest of the day and then try it tomorrow with my MUFE HD powder. I also tried the Marc Jacobs powder (in Cocoa) over the foundation and I feel like it changed the look of the foundation a little and I liked it the way it was. But I think I really do like this foundation. Thanks, Miss TT! UPDATE/Edited to add: after wearing this an additional two days I'm finding this foundation is just meh for me. I'm not impressed with the length of time it wears and looks pretty. Transfers easily. Not worth the money, IMO.

MAChostage

And about the Lovemarc Lip Gels: if a couple of them looked *anything* like their plastic display swatches I would have grabbed them up in a heartbeat!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hi ladies,

rules.gif

Just a gentle reminder that links to your own blog should be limited to your signature file. You can link to whatever you want there and change it as often as you like, but you're not supposed to be linking to your own stuff in your own posts.

For my part, I've not been enforcing this religiously, since I want to encourage discussion wherever possible and we do have several beauty bloggers who are frequent participants in a number of our forums who post a lot of information without links and the point of the rule is to really prevent people from joining only to spread links to their blog. However, if it becomes a problem, I'll have to start cracking down.

If you have any questions on this, please feel free to message me or any of the other moderators directly.

Ingenue

I'm going to have to agree with you Miss TT. I'm Cocoa Light too. I thought it would be too 'flat' on my skin, but found that it really picks up my undertones nicely. I have a bit of a summer tan, and it kept me looking golden. Plus it is totally weightless. Feels REALLY good on the skin, and I feel like it's absorbing my natural oil production. I'm not so sure about this on drier skin types. I'd be interested to see how a dry skinned beauty is doing with this foundation.