Matte Eyeshadows

Twinkle_Twinkle

Which shades are these in the quad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
I love matte eyeshadows. I second the rec for MUFE, they have beautiful matte shadows. They are harder to blend, but I feel they give a more sophisticated look.

Here's a pic of my MUFE quad:

makeup55.jpg

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
I love matte eyeshadows. I second the rec for MUFE, they have beautiful matte shadows. They are harder to blend, but I feel they give a more sophisticated look.

makeup55.jpg

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT QUAD! I've spent months looking for a palette that would hold MUFE pans, and I can't find one at all.

Saleemah

Quote:

makeup55.jpg

Where did you buy that quad? I love it, haven't seen anything like that here.

lunalight7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
I wear Swiss Chocolate every day in my crease! Matte squared is going to be an awesome collection for us matte lovers! The colors are perfect, and we are all going to need some empty quads or a whole new 15 palette. I plan to buy each of them!!

Ditto! I LOVE Swiss Chocolate in my crease! It somehow looks great with many color combos. I also like Mystery (matte-ish) in my crease w/ cool colors. A MAC MA on Livejournal recommended Rule as a great blending color in the crease for warmer skin tones....I plan to try this out soon.

zerin

Oh yeah...speaking of matte eyeshadows...I get really annoyed when putting it on the lid, I had to pack it on since it kept fading. Grrrr I bought Newly Minted and Clarity and hated them both and returned them too. But I love matte shadows for the crease!

I don't know if I'm too off topic..lol...Speaking of MUFE....I just bought a MUFE quad and one eyeshadow which is basically a dupe of Mac Brown Script e/s...I was wondering other than #92 (Violet) e/s...what other MUFE eyeshadow colours can I get that are unique and cannot be found at Mac's permanent eyeshadow line? I need about 2-3 suggestions. Thanks.

Prototype83

I love matte shadows, they're what I mostly use I use on my crease. Love them on the lid as well...especially Tete-A-Tint and Newly Minted.

GlamQueen21

I use matte eyeshadows to give definition in my crease. I like using them a lot and I blend them with shimmery eyeshadows to make a fading effect. I like Shadowy Lady and Carbon. Both of them are my favorite matte eyeshadows.

NaturalSister19

I'm 40+ so mattes are my best friend.

Even when I do clients (any age) I prefer mostly matte and use shimmers to highlight the lid and/or soften the look. I think you get a much more interesting look if you combine. Most of the MAC Velvet shadows are essentially a matte with some shimmer thrown in. They may be a good bridge between the two.

When I see some people with ALL frost on, I feel like they may be stuck in a rut. Too much frost...
puke.gif

bsquared

Mattes are cool . . . I prefer other finishes just b/c they blend and go on easier but I don't shun mattes, lol.

User49

My favorite mac eyeshadow is Clarity (a matte2 shadow). I must admit I'm a bit of an eye make up girl so I don't often use matte shadows but I do like how strong they come out. Has anyone else tried the matte 2 shadows? Are there any colours I NEED other than clarity?? xx

Ladyvirtuous

Before, MAC mattes were hard to work with for me, but now I can blend them much easier. Just to echo what others have said, MUFE eyeshadows are the best mattes out there, IMO. And they come in BRIGHT colors as well. Very easy to work with.

The only matte that I really like from MAC is Soft Brown e/s.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
My favorite mac eyeshadow is Clarity (a matte2 shadow). I must admit I'm a bit of an eye make up girl so I don't often use matte shadows but I do like how strong they come out. Has anyone else tried the matte 2 shadows? Are there any colours I NEED other than clarity?? xx

well I can't tell you what you NEED per say as I haven't seen your stash
winks.gif
but I love Matte2 so much! I have Copperplate, Poison Pen and Graphology and I love all three a lot. I especially love Graphology as it's amazing to smoke out all purple looks. I'm actually planing on grabbing all matte2's as I hear they're phasing them out. On top of my want list right now are Blanc Type and Fig 1.