Max Factor Products

snugglebunny

Has anyone tried Max Factor stuff?

I saw on so many backstage fashion videos that Pat McGrath uses this brand and it seems nice, but I can't see the products well enough in the fuzzy videos.

What's your opinion on all their products? (lipgloss, lipstick, e/s, concealer, pan-stick)

I am considering buying some of this stuff but am wanting to see some feedback from everyone to see if it's really good.

I'm particularly eyeing the Pan-stick foundation to use as a concealer and eyeshadows more than their lipgloss and lipsticks. Their eyeshadows look bright and colorful in the pan so that looks enticing. And for the concealer stuff, I've been looking for a good concealer and the only thing holding me back from buying is of the Mineral oil, which clogs pores, or at least from what I've read. The Panstick doesn't have bismuth oxycholoride which is important for me, so I'm wondering what's people's take on Mineral oil as well.

If anyone has swatches for the eyeshadows, lipstick and/or lipgloss, that would be awesome for all of us members to see.

Thank you!

xsnowwhite

i like the double sided lip colors
i have work-out nude and its awesome! it comes with a color and a finishing gloss

i dont like their shadows, they arent very pigmented.

The mascaras are good. I like volume couture the best.

Kurtina88

I loce the max factor silk gloss sheer frost in plum shimmer 390, it's really creamy, bright and it smell very good...i think like vanilla
smiles.gif

flash and no flash
maxfactorflashkr4.th.jpg
maxfactornoflashea0.th.jpg

Calhoune

I love their silk gloss, comes in many shades and smells great.
I love the masterpiece mascara, it's my everyday/school mascare
smiles.gif
For beautiful wispy lashes, won't give you any volume though.

I LOVE MF's foundation "Age Renew" it's my new HG foundation, I get pretty, dewey skin I love it so much! It's has the consistency of a mousse/liquid foundation and is slight shimmery, so if you have a tendency to be oily it's probably not that good.

Ms.Amaranthine

I like some of Max Factor's MAXeye shadow trios. I own about six of them. My favorite is the Queen Bee. The colors are so vibrant. It's probably the only one I've really used much.

I went ahead and took a picture of the eyeshadows I have. Had to do it sans flash.

In the packaging:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1..._maxfactor.jpg

On the flesh:

____maxfactor2small.jpg

Larger picture @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...maxfactor2.jpg

As you can tell, some of them don't show up very well on the skin. In fact, some of the colors in two of the trios didn't show up at all. This is my first time doing swatches, so.. I hope they aren't awful.
ssad.gif

And everything I don't have:

http://www.maxfactor.com/user/get/pr...xeye_sha dows

courtneyCORPSE

I only have their eyeshadows,
and they look so bright in the package.
But, they're veryyy low pigmented.
I was so dissapointed.

xsnowwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Amaranthine
I like some of Max Factor's MAXeye shadow trios. I own about six of them. My favorite is the Queen Bee. The colors are so vibrant. It's probably the only one I've really used much.

I went ahead and took a picture of the eyeshadows I have. Had to do it sans flash.

In the packaging:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1..._maxfactor.jpg

On the flesh:

____maxfactor2small.jpg

Larger picture @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...maxfactor2.jpg

As you can tell, some of them don't show up very well on the skin. In fact, some of the colors in two of the trios didn't show up at all. This is my first time doing swatches, so.. I hope they aren't awful.
ssad.gif

And everything I don't have:

http://www.maxfactor.com/user/get/pr...xeye_sha dows

how do you get the queen bee one so bright?
i bought it but it is seriously soo low pigmented i cannot get it to show and its super chalky too!

snugglebunny

that's so weird how the colors are not really pigmented at all. the colors look so pretty and it's such a down-er to be such a fraction of the pigment seen in the packaging.

thank y'all for helping me out
smiles.gif

lovesittxx

The shadow trios were horrible for me....really chalky, low pigment...it took lots of scraping around to get any on my brush even...I RAOK'ed mine away...:\

I am so sad they discontinued the shadows in the little round pans..Now THOSE were good...the gold one used to be my HG...

But from the current line, I like Volume Couture mascara- it's pretty incredible what a few coats does for my lashes. And the Maxilicious glosses are pretty nice- they smell delicious as well. I like the Erace concealer to use on my lips to tone down the pigment as well, and it's really cheap. Panstik, I didn't like so much. It didn't blend very well on me. That's about it that I can think of...

luvsic

I have tried their mascaras (volume couture and lash perfection) and both were wonderful, but ONLY after layering them on with a primer/another waterproof mascara. I have thin, stick straight, downward pointing lashes and I can't use regular mascara because it will never hold a curl for me. But I do think Max Factor mascaras are pretty good, and I adore their clump-free brushes. It didn't give an amazing "umph" but a little "umph" nonetheless.

Dreamergirl3

I am friggin IN LOVE with 2000 Calorie mascara! I use the Aqua Lash version though, since my lashes are thick and stick straight.

I've tried their compact cream to powder makeup and I absolutely hated it. The darkest shade available was very very light, since that was the one closest to my skin.

Max Factor is usually hit or miss with me

Kuuipo

Their liquid liner is da bomb!!!It is not going anywhere! The glosses are ok, mascara is great, the foundations are hit or miss. Growing up it their olive was the color I remember my mom relying on. All their colors are too pink for me! Their pancake makeup in Fair is great for goth night,however. I think their shadows are like sidewalk chalk. I have a hard time believing Pat McGrath uses this brand on models. I have seen her makeup models, but I was not sure of the brands she used.....
Also, their use of Carmen Electra-a gorgeous girl, but she always looks a bit greasy and trashy in their ads. I have seen her with next to no makeup and she is prettier.....(with not so much shine everywhere!)

EyeshadowJunkie

the mascaras and lipglosses are good. i like the panstick for a concealer under my mac foundation. the eyeshadows are very chalky, and barely show up.

astronaut

I think their lash perfection mascaras are the bomb! Especially volume couture! They outperform a lot of high end mascaras I've tried (mostly Lancome)