Maybelline Mineral Make Up?

mariecinder

I saw an ad in my local Longs weekly ad for Maybelline Mineral make up line! It looked as if they even had a liquid mineral make up. I checked out the Maybelline site but didn't find anything, however the Longs website does.

Longs Drugs - Product Detail

Has anyone seen or tired this?! I would be really interested to see if its compareable to my BE and if there really is a liquid version!

MACATTAK

I saw it yesterday at my local Walgreens. There is a liquid version and they had samples out to try. I really liked the liquid mineral makeup. I tried it on my hand & felt light and smooth. As for the powder, I'm not sure how that is (there were no samples of that out), but it did come with a cute mini kabuki. Also, I'm not sure on the price either...I didn't see it listed at my Walgreens. I want to try it though
smiles.gif

..kels*

Be careful with drugstore "mineral" makeup lines.. they are by no means producing authentic, pure mineral makeup. If you read the ingredients list, you're sure to find tons of fillers and preservatives, talc, colors, chemical additives, waxes, etc. that can irritate your skin. Look for a mineral makeup with a short list of ingredients. & if you find that you have really sensitive skin, try to avoid anything that contains bismuth oxychloride. It's best known for giving skin that "glow" but can also cause itching, breakouts, & irritation if it isn't added to the product in a small dosage. BE's mineral foundation only has 5 ingredients, with bismuth oxychloride listed as the last. Everyday Minerals, on the other hand, has an identical ingredients list to Bare Minerals minus the bismuth oxychloride. Personally, I'd steer clear of the cheapo mineral makeup. Some brands you may want to consider:
Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, MineralFx by CoverFx. HTH!
smiles.gif

mariecinder

I already use Bare Minerals religiously (even converted my girlfriends) and was just wondering if this could be a cheaper alternative. I'm also a lover a liquid foundation so when I saw they have a liquid version I got a tad bit excited. You're right though, I did read about all the ingredients and I don't want anything that will break out my skin.

I would be in heaven if Bare Minerals ever came out in liquid form...

laguayaca

I have not tried this foundation but my fave is Bare Naturals by Loreal! Way better than Revlon...they suck!

mariecinder

So far the reviews on MUA are good. I wonder if I should try it or save my money...I've also heard good things about Revlon ColorStay.

kaylaklvc

My friend uses this stuff and she says it works pretty well, but that she prefers BE. But I think it would be a great cheap alternative!

..kels*

i work in a cosmetics dept & my store recieved this the other day.. i tried the liquid foundation on my hand & buffed some of the loose mineral powder overtop. the finish was really nice but after a few minutes it really started itching. so i'm thinking if you have sensitive skin you might want to shy away from this one. but i will admit that it's not as bad as i thought it would be.

mariecinder

So, I went out and bought this yesterday. I bought both the liquid and the powder. This morning I put the liquid, then set it with the powder. I must say that it wore pretty well through out the day. I was less oily durning my lunch break than when I wear my Bare Minerals. I'm pretty happy with it. I'll wear it for a few days and see if it changes my skin, hopefully it won't break me out.

So far, I think its pretty good. A good replacement for Bare Minerals if you're lacking in fundage!

i have the liquid mineral foundation, and i love it, it's really good and i got one of the mineral blushes, they were great too, you should try them

xoxprincessx0x

i use the maybelline minerals concealer and powder foundation. i lovee the powder but the kabuki sucks it doesn't spread evenly so I use my own powder brush but the coverage is flawless. one sweep over a pimple or red spot and its gone!

1QTPie

The minerals line is buy one get one 50% off at CVS this week if any of you wanted to try.

noahlowryfan

its buy one get one free at Walgreens this week. i'm not sure if they have a good return policy on used cosmetics.

xoxprincessx0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..kels*
Be careful with drugstore "mineral" makeup lines.. they are by no means producing authentic, pure mineral makeup. If you read the ingredients list, you're sure to find tons of fillers and preservatives, talc, colors, chemical additives, waxes, etc. that can irritate your skin. Look for a mineral makeup with a short list of ingredients. & if you find that you have really sensitive skin, try to avoid anything that contains bismuth oxychloride. It's best known for giving skin that "glow" but can also cause itching, breakouts, & irritation if it isn't added to the product in a small dosage. BE's mineral foundation only has 5 ingredients, with bismuth oxychloride listed as the last. Everyday Minerals, on the other hand, has an identical ingredients list to Bare Minerals minus the bismuth oxychloride. Personally, I'd steer clear of the cheapo mineral makeup. Some brands you may want to consider:
Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, MineralFx by CoverFx. HTH!
smiles.gif

The ingredients of the Mineral Power powder foundation says " 100% natural minerals. Triple refined to optimize their affinity with skin. No preservatives, no fragrance, no fillers, no oils."

Cosmopolitics

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
its buy one get one free at Walgreens this week. i'm not sure if they have a good return policy on used cosmetics.

Walgreens' return policy is hella liberal, especially with cosmetics.
smiles.gif

NYDoll88

The pressed powder is to die for. I'm obsessed with it. Seriously, it's a must buy. It covers extremely well, doesn't flake, and feels silky on my skin. And the actual compact is pretty cool.

Latest posts