Medium/Full Coverage Foundation.

joygasm

I want a foundation with more coverage for every day use. I'm a little skeptical about using MUFE HD foundation since it is expensive and there doesn't seem to be much product in the bottle.

any suggestions? I want something light weight. I've tried studio sculpt, and I just don't think I do well with MAC foundations.

obscuria

I've tried a lot of foundations, but to be honest I just find myself going back to either Clinique's even better liquid foundation or Clinique's superfit liquid foundation.

MAC foundations tend to break me out, clinique doesn't do that for me.

Simply Elegant

There's 30 mL/1 oz so same as pretty much every liquid foundation. I love MUFE mat velvet. It's been my HG for 3 years and the only one that sort of comes close is NARS oil free but it's been discontinued. NARS has a bit less coverage but is easier to make it look natural.

joygasm

I tried MUFE Matte Velvet, unfortunately it doesn't have a shade for me. But thanks for the help I think I might just go for the HD.

malaviKat

My two favourite foundations are MUFE HD and MAC Full Coverage. Full Coverage has the same texture/consistency as MAC's Studio Finish concealer but they're PRO items now so you'll need to call the PRO line or visit a Pro store.

I know that a lot of people are often frustrated by Full Coverage because of its texture but it can be sheered out using a damp sponge and applies really nicely using a brush.

joygasm

Yeah I like the texture of MUFE HD.
I'm fairly young so I don't wanna use anything too heavy.
My madre uses full coverage foundation from MAC. MAC tends to make my face oily.

malaviKat

I have pretty oily skin. Or at least, I used to... it has started to calm down a bit because of some of the stuff I've been using on it. I do however understand where you're coming from.

MUFE HD is pretty nice. I find it's a lot faster to use than MAC Full Coverage.

Almond_Eyed

I just bought MUFE HD, I tried the sample first then bought the full size. I like it a lot, but I wouldn't say that it's full coverage. I think it would look really cakey if you applied more than one layer on. Also, I don't feel like it lasts all day, but I haven't tried it with a primer, so that might make a difference.

I'm on the fence of whether I'd buy it again because it's pretty expensive for what it is. I bought it mostly for pictures (which it's great for), but as an everyday foundation, I'd say that it's overall mediocre, nothing amazing. HTH

Nicala

I really like Revlon Colorstay foundation. They offer formulas for both oily/combo & dry skin. I have somewhat sensitive/acne prone skin and I haven't had problems with it breaking me out. It feels light as well. You gotta work quick with the foundation to be able to blend it out well though. That isn't a problem for me since that would mean I would be done quicker with my foundation.
lol.gif
HTH!

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond_Eyed
I just bought MUFE HD, I tried the sample first then bought the full size. I like it a lot, but I wouldn't say that it's full coverage. I think it would look really cakey if you applied more than one layer on. Also, I don't feel like it lasts all day, but I haven't tried it with a primer, so that might make a difference.

I'm on the fence of whether I'd buy it again because it's pretty expensive for what it is. I bought it mostly for pictures (which it's great for), but as an everyday foundation, I'd say that it's overall mediocre, nothing amazing. HTH

It is buildable, IMO, though I agree if you build it up everywhere it does start to look a bit heavy. I usually build only where needed or I pair it with their Full Coverage concealer. (Another reason I like MAC's Full Coverage; it's much more opaque and doesn't require separate concealing.)

joygasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
It is buildable, IMO, though I agree if you build it up everywhere it does start to look a bit heavy. I usually build only where needed or I pair it with their Full Coverage concealer. (Another reason I like MAC's Full Coverage; it's much more opaque and doesn't require separate concealing.)

well I don't require that much coverage. I just want more coverage than the select spf foundation by mac. I'm not really a fan of mac foundations. But I want something a little more matte.

But how long would you say the MUFE HD lasts? With a primer that is..

joygasm

Quote:
Yep!
greengrin.gif

And I'm going home for Christmas... yay!

Haha. I'm supposed to be going for my cousins wedding in april. I've never been out of america though so kind of freaked out. Heard its pretty bad over there with crime and stuff. D:

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by joygasm
well I don't require that much coverage. I just want more coverage than the select spf foundation by mac. I'm not really a fan of mac foundations. But I want something a little more matte.

But how long would you say the MUFE HD lasts? With a primer that is..

It kind of depends on how oily you are. For the past few months I have been using Fyrinnae's Silica gel primer. I don't just use it under my makeup, I also use it on bare skin, when I'm going to bed etc. It has significantly decreased my oil production. Given that, I get a good bit of wear out of my MUFE HD. I don't really touch up my makeup during the day anymore. Sometimes I might pat it with a tissue but that's about it... (and this is from someone who used to religiously carry Studio Fix or Blot powder).

My normal application is as follows:
1) Wash/dry face.
2) Apply skin medication (if/when necessary)
3) Prime face (MAC Prep & Prime Face protect SPF 50)
4) VERY light touch of Fyrinnae gel primer
5) MUFE HD (buffed on w/ 109 or 168)... now that it's winter I blend it with a light moisturizer
6) MUFE Full Coverage concealer (if/when necessary)
7) MSF Natural
8) all my other makeup
9) Prep & Prime Translucent Finishing Powder

By and large, that formula has done me well. I have (stupidly) played soccer for an entire afternoon in that much makeup and still looked almost flawless at the end. (Baaaad for pores though!) :p

If you want to avoid all of those excess steps, I'd stick to steps 1,3, 4, 5 and 9. I don't think MUFE HD is a particularly matte foundation without a powder. IMO, it's rather 'dewey'.

I used to use MAC's Matte texture under my makeup. It gives me a flawless face under MAC Full Coverage but I've noticed that under MUFE HD it makes my foundation separate after a few hours. But that is also a lovely primer.

malaviKat

Quote:
Haha. I'm supposed to be going for my cousins wedding in april. I've never been out of america though so kind of freaked out. Heard its pretty bad over there with crime and stuff. D:

It is not as scary as all that, I promise you!

I was born there... and I've been back quite often. I was last down there in February. Yes, there is crime, but that can be said of most places. The same rules about safety apply there as everywhere else. There is, admittedly, from what I understand, a greater than average propensity for kidnapping, but it is often under very specific circumstances amongst people with connections to larger things (money, drugs, power etc.) If you're hanging out with family for the most part (as I tend to be when I go), it's pretty safe.

I took my (very white) bf with me in Feb and he got over his initial terror. I think you'll really enjoy it! Make sure they take you to Maracas beach!

joygasm

Quote:
It kind of depends on how oily you are. For the past few months I have been using Fyrinnae's Silica gel primer. I don't just use it under my makeup, I also use it on bare skin, when I'm going to bed etc. It has significantly decreased my oil production. Given that, I get a good bit of wear out of my MUFE HD. I don't really touch up my makeup during the day anymore. Sometimes I might pat it with a tissue but that's about it... (and this is from someone who used to religiously carry Studio Fix or Blot powder).

My normal application is as follows:
1) Wash/dry face.
2) Apply skin medication (if/when necessary)
3) Prime face (MAC Prep & Prime Face protect SPF 50)
4) VERY light touch of Fyrinnae gel primer
5) MUFE HD (buffed on w/ 109 or 168)... now that it's winter I blend it with a light moisturizer
6) MUFE Full Coverage concealer (if/when necessary)
7) MSF Natural
8) all my other makeup
9) Prep & Prime Translucent Finishing Powder

By and large, that formula has done me well. I have (stupidly) played soccer for an entire afternoon in that much makeup and still looked almost flawless at the end. (Baaaad for pores though!) :p

If you want to avoid all of those excess steps, I'd stick to steps 1,3, 4, 5 and 9. I don't think MUFE HD is a particularly matte foundation without a powder. IMO, it's rather 'dewey'.

I used to use MAC's Matte texture under my makeup. It gives me a flawless face under MAC Full Coverage but I've noticed that under MUFE HD it makes my foundation separate after a few hours. But that is also a lovely primer.

Where do you get step #4?
And I usually never have to touch up my makeup, nor do I ever. I usually just use a tissue for the oil, but since it is winter my skin is going on the dry side. I usually have normal skin, but in Florida it is very humid and that tends to make my foundation feeling mask like.
That's why I'm pretty skeptical. I want something that will last. I never carry around makeup with me.

joygasm

Quote:
It is not as scary as all that, I promise you!

I was born there... and I've been back quite often. I was last down there in February. Yes, there is crime, but that can be said of most places. The same rules about safety apply there as everywhere else. There is, admittedly, from what I understand, a greater than average propensity for kidnapping, but it is often under very specific circumstances amongst people with connections to larger things (money, drugs, power etc.) If you're hanging out with family for the most part (as I tend to be when I go), it's pretty safe.

I took my (very white) bf with me in Feb and he got over his initial terror. I think you'll really enjoy it! Make sure they take you to Maracas beach!

Haha I was the only one in my family born in america. And everyone tells me they don't like americans. D:
That is why I'm pretty freaked out. But i heard its beautiful. I'm not sure how far that is from where my family is, but they're from Barrackpore/san fernando area.

malaviKat

Quote:
Where do you get step #4?
And I usually never have to touch up my makeup, nor do I ever. I usually just use a tissue for the oil, but since it is winter my skin is going on the dry side. I usually have normal skin, but in Florida it is very humid and that tends to make my foundation feeling mask like.
That's why I'm pretty skeptical. I want something that will last. I never carry around makeup with me.

The Fyrinnae stuff you can get at fyrinnae.com

(Their shipping is slow but it is the best kept secret to keep your face from being shiny, in my opinion. And compared to all of the other stuff on the market, it's cheap! So if it doesn't work... it doesn't break the bank.)

I think if you use a primer (like the mac one) and set it with translucent powder you should be okay. Why not go into a MAC store and have them make some samples for you? One of the MAs gave me a their translucent powder w/out me having to ask and I totally loved it.

malaviKat

Quote:
Haha I was the only one in my family born in america. And everyone tells me they don't like americans. D:
That is why I'm pretty freaked out. But i heard its beautiful. I'm not sure how far that is from where my family is, but they're from Barrackpore/san fernando area.

Okay well I'm in Canada but...so far as I know, nobody hates Americans down there. Half the country has family in Canada, America and the UK so I would find it really surprising if they did... :p (Mind you, I haven't lived there in years...) Having said that, my "very white" bf got a lot of cut eye ... haha j/k

Maracas Bay is on the northwest coast... it's a beach protected by a cove (so to speak)... and it is GORGEOUS. One of my favourite beaches in the Caribbean. Nothing like being in the water and watching mountains covered in greenery and mist rise up behind you... Plus the waves there are SO much fun.

My family is down in San Fernando too. That's a little ways more than halfway down the island, also on the west coast. The drive takes about an hour and a half to an hour and forty five minutes, I think...maybe two at most... but it is more than worth it. It is kind of touristy now 'cause they put a hotel on the beach...but don't let that bother you.

Latest posts