Medusa's Makeup - bright eyeshadows & pigments

Brittni

JUST A HEADS UP...
If any of you shop at FREDFLARE.COM, they are now carrying Medusa's Makeup basic eyeshadows for $1 more than Medusa's actual site!

widdershins

I just got my recent order from Medusa today
smiles.gif

Tiger, Wasabe, Pink Cadillac, and Big Bird eye dusts.
Red Electro eye shadow + cuuuuute heart shaped mirror.
Eyeliner sealant and the fix (a base for glitters).
So far I looooove everything!

bebs

if you go to the make up artist page.. they have the hug sets for about 30% off (all the eyeshadows) and things like that

Stephie Baby

I have some semi bad news. Medusa's Circle, which is the founder/clothing store that sells the make up, is going down the drain. Its based in Chicago and the store here is shutting down. I'm not sure if this is going to happen to all the other locations. They will probably still have the website, but the girl at the store told me they would no longer be selling the make up in stores.

MadameXK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby
I have some semi bad news. Medusa's Circle, which is the founder/clothing store that sells the make up, is going down the drain. Its based in Chicago and the store here is shutting down. I'm not sure if this is going to happen to all the other locations. They will probably still have the website, but the girl at the store told me they would no longer be selling the make up in stores.

thmbdn.gif
That stinks.
I hope they do still sell their stuff online... I'm going to make a big purchase as soon as I get the cash.

widdershins

Just wanted to let you guys know I posted a FOTD using mainly Medusa's Makeup on my eyes. They're really smooth and the color payoff is amaaaaazing! I used Tiger, Big Bird, Pink Cadillac, and Electro Red.

allyson

Bumping an old thread, but if you've wanted to try Medusa's Makeup, FredFlare.com is having a 25% sale, so it's 2.50 off each eyeshadow! Just enter "mountain" at checkout.

cupcake_x

I tried Neon Yellow glitter and Electro Yellow eyeshadow and I hate them both. Which sucks because I've heard nothing but excellent things about Medusa's make-up.

The pigmentation from the eyeshadow is not bright at all. I tried applying it with 3 different things (my MAC shadow brush, my finger, even a freaking cotton ball) and most of the color just stayed on the brush as opposed to going on my lid.

The glitter... I tried putting a sticky base like you're supposed to do with any glitter. There was so much fall-out and "bald patches" on my eyes.

I will give Medusa's Make-up another chance simply because I had such high hopes for this line. And again, this is just my two cents, so if you're looking to buy it, I say go for it and see.

thelove4tequila

I have seen some Medusa's eyeshadows at Urban Outfitters. I bought Intense Indigo (I hope I got the name right) and I really like it. Yes, there is glitter fall out but I get great pigmentation so I'm willing to put up with it. I'm not sure, but could it be the same manufacturer as Sandalous?

shatteredshards

I'd never heard of these guys until a FOTD I just looked at, and I have a few concerns:

1) Why the heck do they not list ANY of the ingredients for ANY of the face and body powders? "100% pure mineral" is not a valid ingredient list - BE claims the same and we know how the bismuth oxychloride causes breakouts and irritation for a lot of people.

2) The "butylated hyclroxy" in their lip gloss does not exist - it's actually a typo of butylated hydroxy, which looks to be a semi-toxic chemical derrived from crude oil production. Same goes for the polybutene, which is also found in engine oil/grease and roof/window sealant putties, and paraffinum liquidum, which is just a fancy way of saying mineral oil. Mineral oil is, of course, a byproduct of crude oil production and is more or less industrial waste, and is definately not good for your skin.

3. The primary ingredient in their eyeshadows is talc.

Pretty big no-nos for a company that says, and I quote, "We specialize in All Natural Mineral makeup. Our Eye Dusts and 100% pure pigment. We add no fillers such as talc to our products."