Melt Cosmetics

Miradan

Melt posted on Facebook that the lipsticks will be available at 12am PST on Friday -- I have no desire to be awake in the wee hours of the morning, so I hope there are still some left by the time the kids wake me up on Friday morning.

dcarrington

Dolly they look beautiful! I place my order for the gun metal stack on bf and still havent received them as yet which is so unlike MELT. I ordered the rust stack yesterday and still havent gotten a shipping notice. Weird

Miradan

My order finally arrived. Old Rose is a really flattering MLBB shade that I don't have a dupe for -- has a unique quality to it. Stepford is nasty muddy grey on me -- none of the purple other people are getting -- and while it's more flattering on me than Bite Thistle was, I know I won't wear it, so it's going back.

Edited to add: so after much research online, I have emailed some pics and swatches of the version of Stepford that I got to Melt -- I am wondering if I got a mis-labed tube of Old Fashioned. It can't hurt to ask, right?

Last edited:

Miradan

My order finally arrived. Old Rose is a really flattering MLBB shade that I don't have a dupe for -- has a unique quality to it. Stepford is nasty muddy grey on me -- none of the purple other people are getting -- and while it's more flattering on me than Bite Thistle was, I know I won't wear it, so it's going back.

Edited to add: so after much research online, I have emailed some pics and swatches of the version of Stepford that I got to Melt -- I am wondering if I got a mis-labed tube of Old Fashioned. It can't hurt to ask, right?

Melt got back in touch with me -- they're sure I got Stepford, that it just looks different in different lighting/skintones. Am really not sure how something is purple -- relatively light purple! -- on other people could be this color.
pic1.jpg pic3.jpg

I just have to see if it's worth the hassle of sending it back for a refund, given the shipping cost will wipe out most of the return.

Shars

Melt got back in touch with me -- they're sure I got Stepford, that it just looks different in different lighting/skintones. Am really not sure how something is purple -- relatively light purple! -- on other people could be this color.
View attachment 57755 View attachment 57756

I just have to see if it's worth the hassle of sending it back for a refund, given the shipping cost will wipe out most of the return.

There is definitely NOTHING purple about that. And it looks purple on everybody I've seen. It even looks brown on the white paper... I'd send it back to them because it should at least pull purple on white paper. Don't they do free refunds?

Miradan

I may try to push for a replacement, otherwise they will give me a refund if I ask but I have to pay for the shipping cost and I'm not sure it's worth it.

They say it can't have been mislabeled, because then the entire batch would have been. But I just don't get it.

Shars

I may try to push for a replacement, otherwise they will give me a refund if I ask but I have to pay for the shipping cost and I'm not sure it's worth it.

They say it can't have been mislabeled, because then the entire batch would have been. But I just don't get it.

Did they even look at the picture you sent them? Because it is very possible, with human error, that these things can happen.

Shars

The reply makes it sound like they looked at the pictures. :confused:

*smh* Something is wrong with their eyes. Reminds me of the time when their Blow lipstick was going off and people were complaining one by one and they ignored them at first until someone blasted them on IG. I'm really sorry you've had this issue and that they have been less than satisfactory in resolving it.

ms.mad

I ordered stepford and was surprised when I got it. There is no purple to it at all. Mine is similar to yours. All of the swatches I have seen it looks purple!

Miradan

I ordered stepford and was surprised when I got it. There is no purple to it at all. Mine is similar to yours. All of the swatches I have seen it looks purple!

At least it isn't just me!! Sorry you got one of the weird ones too. You should let them know.

Miradan

So they responded to my "you have got to be kidding me" email by saying that Stepford is a "mauvy brown purple" that swatches purply-brown on white paper. They suggested this as a reference for how it looks on the lips: Instagram

That does not look at all like it looks on me -- it looks like grey mud. Whatever. I am done with this, and will hesistate to order from them in the future.

butterflyeyes

Been a long time since I've been on here :ghost: Finally ordered the Prime Rose Collection tonight...hoping they are as beautiful as they appear.

Latest posts