Most cliche'd day at MAC ever?

claresauntie

The only thing missing in my day yesterday was a transvestite.

I worked on 2 free makeovers ("um, thanks. i'm not going to buy anything today. i'll be back later..."), had countless Oh Baby! sales, was told what to do by one of my customer's friends, and did makeup on 2 hookers and a drag queen.

Anyone out there who can top my day at MAC for the most cliches?

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie

I worked on 2 free makeovers, had countless Oh Baby! sales, was told what to do by one of my customer's friends, and did makeup on 2 hookers and a drag queen.

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
lmao.gif

makeupgal

Hmmm....let's see....my first day at M.A.C. (when I worked for them) I had a girl come in and ask for Akasha Queen of the Damned makeup (it was around Halloween of 2002). Her annoying boyfriend kept telling me how to do it. He was that famous baseball player's twin brother (I know the last name is Canseco). She was thrilled with the outcome so why he was riding me is beyond me. Oh, and who can forget the time a lady came in cursing her boyfriend out on her cell phone, hung up with him and proceeded to lift her leg up onto the counter, showed me a huge gash and asked me if I could clean up the wound and put alcohol on it. She had fallen off her bike in the mall parking lot. Of course, I said no way!!!! And the time a guy came in asking for "Goldmine" e/s. I told him we were out of it and he SCREAMED while holding the sides of his face. It echoed throughout Sak's Fifth Avenue and everything just stopped and everyone looked over at us. And the freaky lady who was obsessed with Liza Minelli...so when the collection came out she reported me to management because I would not give her "free samples and promotional items" meaning the Liza A.M. eyeshadow quad. I will NEVER work retail again. P.S. A lady came in a paid me for her Studio Fix with change. All that change wouldn't even fit in the register. That was a classic.

ms.marymac

Quote:

I worked on 2 free makeovers, had countless Oh Baby! sales, was told what to do by one of my customer's friends, and did makeup on 2 hookers and a drag queen.

You were also missing the person who comes in and asks, "Do you sell makeup or just do makeovers?/Is this Max Factor?/Is this makeup for (insert ethnic group here)?" and then steals a tester.
lol.gif

xbrookecorex

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupgal
Hmmm....let's see....my first day at M.A.C. (when I worked for them) I had a girl come in and ask for Akasha Queen of the Damned makeup (it was around Halloween of 2002). Her annoying boyfriend kept telling me how to do it. He was that famous baseball player's twin brother (I know the last name is Canseco). She was thrilled with the outcome so why he was riding me is beyond me. Oh, and who can forget the time a lady came in cursing her boyfriend out on her cell phone, hung up with him and proceeded to lift her leg up onto the counter, showed me a huge gash and asked me if I could clean up the wound and put alcohol on it. She had fallen off her bike in the mall parking lot. Of course, I said no way!!!! And the time a guy came in asking for "Goldmine" e/s. I told him we were out of it and he SCREAMED while holding the sides of his face. It echoed throughout Sak's Fifth Avenue and everything just stopped and everyone looked over at us. And the freaky lady who was obsessed with Liza Minelli...so when the collection came out she reported me to management because I would not give her "free samples and promotional items" meaning the Liza A.M. eyeshadow quad. I will NEVER work retail again. P.S. A lady came in a paid me for her Studio Fix with change. All that change wouldn't even fit in the register. That was a classic.

Hahahah Jose Canseco's sister, I love it!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:

I have nothing to say.
thud.gif
thud.gif
thud.gif
thud.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
You were also missing the person who comes in and asks, "Do you sell makeup or just do makeovers?/Is this Max Factor?/Is this makeup for (insert ethnic group here)?" and then steals a tester.
lol.gif

Oh my gawd!! This lady wanted to argue me down becaue she thought we were Max Factor telling me we had a new mascara out. This was last year round this time. I was like, 'No ma'am.'.. 'YES YOU DO! YOU ARE LYING AND DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! CARMEN ELECTRA IS THE SPOKESPERSON!!" I'm using all caps because she was yelling. I stood there and smile and a nice lady standing there next to her goes, "No dumb ass, this is MAC, not Max Factor."
lmao.gif
lmao.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

NLoveW630

LOL I don't work for MAC, but this funny. I've heard it all, Thanxs for the Laugh(s). People, you gotta Love'm

BunnyBunnyBunny

Often I get called a she. ._.
I dunno, I guess they're trying to be respectful?
I'm just like "Lol, I'm a HE. =)"
My girls at my counter often harass peeps that stare at me. =D They loves me.

giz2000

Quote:

That's hilarious....and I know both of the Canseco brothers (I went to HS with them..my younger brother dated their niece for a long time...and yes, they were annoying!)

Katura

Last night:
-a woman come in bugging because we dont do appts before 11 on sat/sun and not after 6 during the week.
- a lady telling me "O" lipstick must've changed their color..
- someone asking for a BLACK lipliner ( when I tell them we dont make a black lip liner..and when they just ask for a a black eyeliner pencil to use instead I refused and kindly pointed her in the direction of chestnut/nightmoth/currant...)
-countless women who complain about us cutting tester wands off, yes, we do that because we dont like all of our customers sharing their germs with everyone that waltzes through our counter.kthxbai.

edit: and the people that come in swearing up and down that they bought lipstick/gloss from collections that were YEARS ago last week...and throwing a fit when we dont have the color...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
Last night:
-a woman come in bugging because we dont do appts before 11 on sat/sun and not after 6 during the week.
- someone asking for a BLACK lipliner ( when I tell them we dont make a black lip liner..and when they just ask for a a black eyeliner pencil to use instead I refused and kindly pointed her in the direction of chestnut/nightmoth/currant...)
-countless women who complain about us cutting tester wands off, yes, we do that because we dont like all of our customers sharing their germs with everyone that waltzes through our counter.kthxbai.

edit: and the people that come in swearing up and down that they bought lipstick/gloss from collections that were YEARS ago last week...and throwing a fit when we dont have the color...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just had that happen last week...a bride that wanted an army of MAs to do her party before 9 (the store is not even open)...for free, of course.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Last night:

that cracks me up.
lmao.gif

almmaaa

Quote:

I worked on 2 free makeovers ("um, thanks. i'm not going to buy anything today. i'll be back later..."), had countless Oh Baby! sales, was told what to do by one of my customer's friends, and did makeup on 2 hookers and a drag queen.

My God that is too funny LOL I'm sorry. But 2 hookers sounds funny, hadnt heard that name in a while.

astronaut

Quote:
And the time a guy came in asking for "Goldmine" e/s. I told him we were out of it and he SCREAMED while holding the sides of his face. It echoed throughout Sak's Fifth Avenue and everything just stopped and everyone looked over at us.

lmao.gif
Oh the image! He must really love goldmine. haha

astronaut

Quote:
Last night:

I always notice when the MA's do this, and it happens a lot! They'll try to show me a lipglass colour and would always just take the gloss on the cut off wand and put it on their hand instead of getting an applicator. Then stick it back in the tube of course... It seems like the always pause when the pull the tube out. It's like they're thinking to themselves, "Should I get an applicator? ... nah" *swish*. I don't think that's very sanitary either 0_0

coconut

It's only after you've worked in customer service that you realize how crazy people really are
smiles.gif

It Oh Baby really that good of a seller? I have it from a couple years ago and it is way too brown and glittery for me.

GreekChick

I don't understand the black lip liner thing. Who, in God's name, told them it's an awesome look? Where do people get their makeup sense? Dark foundation, I understand, white highlighter, I understand, but black lip liner??? If it's for a Gothic look, fine. Some women, however, apply Russian Red over it.

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
I don't understand the black lip liner thing. Who, in God's name, told them it's an awesome look? Where do people get their makeup sense? Dark foundation, I understand, white highlighter, I understand, but black lip liner??? If it's for a Gothic look, fine. Some women, however, apply Russian Red over it.

Try black lipliner with Oyster girl lg or just clear.

*screams on the inside*