Most cliche'd day at MAC ever?

Bernadette

These are all so funny and true. So yesterday was know-it-all day at my counter. I hate when people think they know what foundation to match themself with and they are so off and you just don't even want to sell it to them because you know it's going to be returned. Oh and when you finally convince them to let you match them they act all skeptical like you're a a dumbass that doesn't know anything and in a condescending voice are like "Well, whatever you say."
I get the MAX Factor thing too. I also love "The lipsticks/eyeshadows/insert product here are $14 now???? I paid $9 for them last time!" Me: "Oh that must have been a few years back, they have gone up in price over the years." Customer: "Ugh, no, it was last year!" riiiiiight.
Another favorite, "I have the lisptick in A27, where is that color?" Me: "Do you know what the name of it was? That letter and number represent the batch number and just show when the lipstick was made. The name is in a bolder larger print above that batch number." Customer: "Well can't you just show me where A27 is??????" I'll never understand why people read the batch number instead of the freaking name which is in a larger bolder print! Or why they can't freaking udnerstand what I am trying to explain to them in plain english.
Oh and I work at a counter inside a Macy's and sometimes people come in with MAC giftcards and we have to explain that MAC giftcards are only sold and used at MAC stores, we only use Macy's ones etc. I understand that confusion and always feel bad for people. But, there are the few that try to say "Well I used it at the other MAC in such-and-such Macy's last time!!!!" Ugh, no you didn't, it's not even possible, please stop lying, thanks.

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Another favorite, "I have the lisptick in A27, where is that color?" Me: "Do you know what the name of it was? That letter and number represent the batch number and just show when the lipstick was made. The name is in a bolder larger print above that batch number." Customer: "Well can't you just show me where A27 is??????" I'll never understand why people read the batch number instead of the freaking name which is in a larger bolder print! Or why they can't freaking udnerstand what I am trying to explain to them in plain english.

LOL. Or:

"I need FROST lipstick."
"Okay, did you know which color it was or the name?"
"Frost...see?" *pulls out old fuggin ls with name rubbed off.*
*sigh*
"Can we open it up and see which color it is? Frost is actually the finish of the lipstick, like matte, frost, satin etc."
*they open a lipstick that has been dig out from tube*
*me:well effffffffffffffffffffff....*

haha.
I dont understand wh ythey dont read the names either...ugh.

GreekChick

Haha, the batch number! That one never gets old! I once explained to a customer that instead of the batch number, from now on, all she had to do was read the name above it. I even pointed to the name. She looked at me all confused, not knowing what I was talking about and asked for the same batch number yet again. I don't even think she was listening. She then asked me why there were words above the number...

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
Haha, the batch number! That one never gets old! I once explained to a customer that instead of the batch number, from now on, all she had to do was read the name above it. I even pointed to the name. She looked at me all confused, not knowing what I was talking about and asked for the same batch number yet again. I don't even think she was listening. She then asked me why there were words above the number...

thud.gif

The foundation thing kills me. Once a week I'll get someone bundled up in a sweatshirt or coat and scarf wrapped up to their chin wanting to be matched. I can't get them to show me their neck (or it's wrapped too tight) and they won't let me take off the makeup they are wearing. THEN they return all mad b/c "the girl yesterday didn't know what she was doing". Is this a joke? Where is the hidden camera?

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
thud.gif

The foundation thing kills me. Once a week I'll get someone bundled up in a sweatshirt or coat and scarf wrapped up to their chin wanting to be matched. I can't get them to show me their neck (or it's wrapped too tight) and they won't let me take off the makeup they are wearing. THEN they return all mad b/c "the girl yesterday didn't know what she was doing". Is this a joke? Where is the hidden camera?

lmao.gif

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I always notice when the MA's do this, and it happens a lot! They'll try to show me a lipglass colour and would always just take the gloss on the cut off wand and put it on their hand instead of getting an applicator. Then stick it back in the tube of course... It seems like the always pause when the pull the tube out. It's like they're thinking to themselves, "Should I get an applicator? ... nah" *swish*. I don't think that's very sanitary either 0_0

I've always cut most of the applicator off, so that not even the cut off tip reaches the color...

Ella_

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
I've always cut most of the applicator off, so that not even the cut off tip reaches the color...

They do that at my nearest counter too, even less risk of contamination that way. I do the same with my freelancing kit too.

little_angel

man, yall really hit the nail on the head!!!

our counter is really small, so on most weeknights, we'd have one closer to work from 7-9:30... sometimes i'd be doing a makeup, helping another customer and have someone else waiting, and then someone would walk up and ask if i could do a full face makeup.

how about the people who bring in OLD lashes that have glue, mascara, hair and lint all over them and get mad when we tell them we will only apply new lashes! like i want to be responsible for putting those germ wads all over your eyes!
puke.gif

or the prom girls who would roll in to their appointment like 15 minutes late and expect to get done, even though we're booked solid and have another appt coming in 15 min! :banghead:

glad i'm just a freelancer now ;D

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel
man, yall really hit the nail on the head!!!

our counter is really small, so on most weeknights, we'd have one closer to work from 7-9:30... sometimes i'd be doing a makeup, helping another customer and have someone else waiting, and then someone would walk up and ask if i could do a full face makeup.

how about the people who bring in OLD lashes that have glue, mascara, hair and lint all over them and get mad when we tell them we will only apply new lashes! like i want to be responsible for putting those germ wads all over your eyes!
puke.gif

or the prom girls who would roll in to their appointment like 15 minutes late and expect to get done, even though we're booked solid and have another appt coming in 15 min! :banghead:

glad i'm just a freelancer now ;D

I love the prom girls who come in with their mothers...screaming bloody murder because they "had an appointment" (which, of course, they didn't), and how dare we not do their darling princess' makeup on her important day? We just tell them "Im sorry, but your appointment is not in the books. We can do her makeup but she will have to wait until the other appointments are done." They, of course, pitch a fit, and end up waiting anyway because Princess insists on MAC. They'll scream and insist that they made the appointment...once a mom said I was the one that made it for her...on a Wednesday night...I never work Wednesdays!!

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I also love "The lipsticks/eyeshadows/insert product here are $14 now???? I paid $9 for them last time!" Me: "Oh that must have been a few years back, they have gone up in price over the years." Customer: "Ugh, no, it was last year!" riiiiiight.

How 'bout "that's not what I bought it for last month in Texas".
Um... yes, it was. The prices in North America are the same wherever you buy the damn thing. Nice try.

candynipples

i was talking to the girl i usually deal with at the Macys MAC counter the other day (i was asking about the holiday stuff thats coming soon)when this woman stomps in, completely interrupts us, shouts that she to try the new mascara(plush lash)....the kicker is that the woman obviously had pink eye or some sort of eye infection. they were all red & boogery...um, stay home? NOT a good day to come in & try out mascaras...yack... i always feel so bad for the super nice people at the counters that just get stomped all over because some people are just so mean!

blueyesdancing

Got to love the times I go to match studio fix, select one to try and they immediately say "OH NOOOOO ITS TOOOOO DARRRRKKK!" and then want to try every other color we sell........after 30 minutes of hell going back to the one I pick the very first time because its perfect............

Not a cliche, but I had a girl who bought over $800 worth of products, including a case, all in $1 bills!!!!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by starangel2383
holy shit! why on earth did she have that many 1 dollar bills? that is freaking ridiculous.

She might have been a dancer. I've had some pay for a case or m/u with mostly $1 bills.

maxcat

10:05 am
"Hi, I need you to cover up THIS..."
Dude, higher than freaking Britney on a Sunday, shows me infected trackmarks.
He has a b-friend with the same issue.
They smell.
"Yeah, No. I'm not touching that. Health Hazard."
"It's your JOB!!"
"Um, No. Nope, no way, no how."
As I stand there with eyebrow raised, Junkie Boys grab sponges, start furiously applying several concealers out of pots... get frustrated and leave. I proceed to use scissors as tongs to remove all concealors and sponges, put them all incl. scissors in the outside waste (not back to MAC, forget that!) and spray everything down with alcohol.
Four times.
I love working downtown.

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
I love the prom girls who come in with their mothers...screaming bloody murder because they "had an appointment" (which, of course, they didn't), and how dare we not do their darling princess' makeup on her important day? We just tell them "Im sorry, but your appointment is not in the books. We can do her makeup but she will have to wait until the other appointments are done." They, of course, pitch a fit, and end up waiting anyway because Princess insists on MAC. They'll scream and insist that they made the appointment...once a mom said I was the one that made it for her...on a Wednesday night...I never work Wednesdays!!

Oh, yeah. My friend who is a hairdresser got screamed at for cancelling her precious whozit's prom hair b/c she had the gall to be in the hospital having emergency surgery.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
They smell.
"It's your JOB!!"
As I stand there with eyebrow raised, Junkie Boys grab sponges, start furiously applying several concealers out of pots... get frustrated and leave. I proceed to use scissors as tongs to remove all concealors and sponges, put them all incl. scissors in the outside waste (not back to MAC, forget that!) and spray everything down with alcohol.
Four times.
I love working downtown.

YOU GO!!!!! =D -Proud-

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
They smell.
"It's your JOB!!"
Four times.
I love working downtown.

ewwwww sick. some people...ugh.
puke.gif

Bernadette

I like "How many days do these lashes last?" Me: "You remove them at the end of the night. You can however re-use them, just take care of them and place them back in their case. Peel the adhesive off carefully...." Customer cuts me off "UGH you can only leave them on for one night?!?!?! What a rip off!!!"
People are just dirty....