Movies that disturb you :(

Brittni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
I guess the only movies I've seen that I was like wtf? is Hard Candy, just cus its akward w/ the whole pedophile thing.

Other than that I love movies w/ deep meaning, anything that causes you to think outside your box or just in general.

I'm not a huge movie person at all, but I LOVE indie movies... which are usually ones that make you think outside the box and have "wtf" kind of endings, such as Hard Candy. I really actually liked it. I also like Waiting. Feel free to suggest anything like that to me!
greengrin.gif

As far as movies that disturb me, "Kids." It just gives me the creeps. Not disturbing as in blood-gore-guts but yeah...

feenin4makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
The Ring - messed my shit up. Total fucking head trip.
Requiem for a Dream - Sweet jebus, I hated life after that movie was over.
The Exorcist - seriously...I think I can live the rest of my life happy without seeing someone 'impale' themselves with a crucifix ever again.

Requiem for a Dream was horrible! That was the first thing that came into my mind when I first saw this thread. Someone actually recommended that movie to me. I mean, how depressing can you get??? Ugh, I think that movie could push someone over the edge for real.
nope.gif

mtrimier

Oddly enough "Easy Rider" pulled up a chair and sat on my nerves. Really, really disturbed me. Horror movies, psychological terror, etc. don't bother me, but "Easy Rider" really, and still to this day, does bother me.

As far as getting images out of your head, I agree with seeking some sort of distraction. Hope you get to sleep well soon.

cindiaz

For me is the Exorcist and one movie that i don't remember the name but the actress was the lady that is the face of american beauty skin care at Khol's,maybe it was called Bugs? because after that i remember feeling mosquitoes all the time lol.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenin4makeup
Requiem for a Dream was horrible! That was the first thing that came into my mind when I first saw this thread. Someone actually recommended that movie to me. I mean, how depressing can you get??? Ugh, I think that movie could push someone over the edge for real.
nope.gif

i agree all drug movies disturb me, like basketball diaries and more. i was never into drugs but have seen them ruin lives.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni

As far as movies that disturb me, "Kids." It just gives me the creeps. Not disturbing as in blood-gore-guts but yeah...

yea, i mentioned that. that movie really upsets me, its so effed up.

abbyquack

Boys Don't Cry...with Hillary Swank..so disturbing. Not really a "horror" movie but an extremely horrific true story. I made my husband throw it away after we watched b/c I felt sick to my stomach after watching. But it definitely made me think, so that makes it worth it.

M.A.C. head.

-Kids
-Final Destination movies
-The Hills Have Eyes
-Wrong Turn

I'm just going to cut to the chase: I am terrified of EVERY scary movie, but I can only name a few because I haven't watched many. I can't stomach it.

Fataliya

I love scary movies!! Nothing's really disturbed me, except for the ending of The Mist. That was just fucked up, though.

luvsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquilla_loca
this movie came to mind: Donnie Darko. not really disturbing & but very weird

Omg I saw Donnie Darko multiple times and I actually have to say I love it...I actually loved it a lot more than The Blindness and found it much less disturbing for some reason. It was definitely more of an "off" movie, but brilliant nonetheless.

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
I love scary movies!! Nothing's really disturbed me, except for the ending of The Mist. That was just fucked up, though.

The Mist huh? What happens at the end? It's the one with Tom Welling right?

I saw that movie and I remember that I didn't get scared by it LOL That's rare.

Dreamergirl3

Last House On The Left (original, omg omg)
Trainspotting
Butterfly Effect
Bug
Running Scared
The Strangers (Chad reminded me!)

OfficerJenny

The strangers trailers. I will never see the movie because the trailers scare me to death.

And Requiem for a dream. <3 it, though.

chocolategoddes

Mars Attacks. I can remember watching it as a little kid and the scene where the martians brains explode. That shit fucked me up mentally like for reals!!!

ETA: Tim Burton films are pretty disturbing in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
oh, and that movie Juwanna Mann.

Really disturbed me. What kinda shit was that??

LMAO!!!
th_LMAO.gif

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Mars Attacks. I can remember watching it as a little kid and the scene where the martians brains explode. That shit fucked me up mentally like for reals!!!

Oh shaps! I thought I was the only one! That damn movie made me so paranoid about aliens..Urggg and just a few months ago I saw this movie at Blockbuster in the Comedy section. WTF?! Allt his time, I thought it was horror
ssad.gif

And I can't believe nobody mentioned this movie yet..Dawn of the Dead. That movie fucked me up FOR LIFE. I'm convinced a zombie apocalypse is coming and trust me, I am prepared. Damn that shit keeps me up all night. My friends made me watch Shaun of the Dead hoping it would "cure" me. It didn't.

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
The Mist huh? What happens at the end? It's the one with Tom Welling right?

I saw that movie and I remember that I didn't get scared by it LOL That's rare.

The movie based on Stephen King's book. Don't remember who's in it though...they're all holed up in a grocery store for awhile...

The fucked up ending though...the guy shot his kid and then himself in the head, because he thought they were trapped.

And when the fog lifted, safety was like, 2 feet away.
ssad.gif