MU Police

joytheobscure

Are you the makeup police? Is the first thing you notice about people (well generally women) is their makeup application technique- after a year of mac and FOTD's and Specktra- I am doing this - I never used to notice, now when I do the "once over" on people, I notice freaking' eyeliner application or how many shades of eyeshadow someone is wearing.

My pet peeve is someone wearing a darker shade (lid color) from lashline to brow that is just too dark, I just want to step in and give advice. I feel really bitchy when I notice things like that.

I just want to know how abnormal I am or if y'all do this too. I also want to see a show on the style channel devoted to makeup and makeup looks and brands - one that isn't selling anything, like the allure special they had on a few weeks ago.. I think that would be great.

arbonnechick

God, I am totally like this too.
I'm forever wanting to come up with a tactful way to tell friends and co-workers that their makeup looks like ass.
puke.gif

nenalinda27

I am the same way. I see this girl on the train everyday over doing it with her liquid eyeliner and her pink blush (she covers her entire cheek). She looks like a clown. I want to go up to her and help her. Then I see girls pumping away at their mascara. I want to scream stop that!!

lara

I'm the opposite - people ask me for tips when all I want to do is not be on MA duty!
lol.gif
People see my big make-up case when I'm commuting home on the tram, plop themelves next to me and start asking endless questions about products or application.

Quote:
I'm forever wanting to come up with a tactful way to tell friends and co-workers that their makeup looks like ass.

Phrase it like, 'you know, I saw an article in a magazine about [way to apply foundation/eyeshadow/blush/etc], I think that would look really great on you!'

kaliraksha

I'm not too bad with anyone that generally looks like they at least matched their color and know how to blend.... but people that put on too dark or too light powder and you can see a clear ring around their face... I seriously want to pull them aside and be like "please dont do this to yourself... you are much too pretty"

in middle school, i dont know why - my friend and i made fashion and make up police cards and laminated them... and we were stupid and would pull them out and give people "tickets"... it wasn't in a bitchy way really... we were just being dumb... it was like with our closest friends/guy friends

mae13

Yes. Especially when I see badly-drawn in eyebrows. There's a girl at work who's a terrible offender (seriously, they look like huge commas of surprise, with the ends actually THICKER than the part that starts out near her nose). Does she not get how bad this looks? Mah.

xxmissjennyxx

i just leave them be unless they ask for help. some people get pretty touchy on their looks because they obviously thinks it looks fine if theyre able to leave the house like that. i feel bad when i see someone that looks like a clown pass but i dont want to get clobbered at the same time haha.

moonrevel

I definitely play makeup police in my mind when I see my biggest makeup pet peeves (poorly matched foundation, seriously sloppy thick eyeliner, clumpy mascara, badly drawn brows, and excessively over-lined lips). It drives my friends crazy because they'll be like, "That girl is seriously a bitch," and I'll say, "Yeah, and did you see how ORANGE her foundation is??!?"

My boyfriend once suggested I get a brush belt and wear it around with an "M" sewn on my shirt (for "Makeup Girl") and a black cape and be a sort of makeup superhero, randomly going up to people with really big makeup violations and helping them out! Saving the world, one lipstick at a time!

Eemaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
My boyfriend once suggested I get a brush belt and wear it around with an "M" sewn on my shirt (for "Makeup Girl") and a black cape and be a sort of makeup superhero, randomly going up to people with really big makeup violations and helping them out! Saving the world, one lipstick at a time!

Thats so funny, can i have one made for me to.

i check out other peoples application all the time especially sales assistants in supermarkets. im fascinated by great liquid eyeliner like jokers_kick on here, i actually have one or two of her eotds copied and pasted (for personal use) and glare at it for moments on end

im the fashion police for good and bad make up. Colleagues do come over in the teachers louge for advise and tips, its flattering really, but i can undertand how MA's would be annoyed about it when their off duty
smiles.gif

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmissjennyxx
i just leave them be unless they ask for help. some people get pretty touchy on their looks because they obviously thinks it looks fine if theyre able to leave the house like that. i feel bad when i see someone that looks like a clown pass but i dont want to get clobbered at the same time haha.

Exactly!
I might notice things but I would never comment except when asked.
Typically I only notice well done makeup. I try not to focus in on other's makeup unless I am talking to them or it's just so much that it catches my eye.
I figure if someone to look that way it's their right. Now I do realize that some people may not know what they are doing is bad but usually I would not comment.
Something has to be really bad and right in my face before I notice.
I am far too busy when I am out and about to "police" people. Now when I am bored it's a whole another story! I notice everything and will comment to anyone with me.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
I'm the opposite - people ask me for tips when all I want to do is not be on MA duty!
lol.gif
People see my big make-up case when I'm commuting home on the tram, plop themelves next to me and start asking endless questions about products or application.

Phrase it like, 'you know, I saw an article in a magazine about [way to apply foundation/eyeshadow/blush/etc], I think that would look really great on you!'

If we accidentally looked at one another on a train and I saw your case, even I'd pluck up the courage to ask you about that stuff! People ask me all the time about my musical instruments.

I'm forever trying to get my mother to wear things more suited to her skintone but no cigar. In fact, she insults me about my makeup, eh.

I do notice a lot more so-called 'mistakes' than I used to. But nah, I'd never say anything to anyone else. Too much/wrong colour foundation is the one that gets to me.

bellamia

I do the same, I start to critize their makeup in my mind. There are a lot of women who don't know how to apply makeup in general. I don't say anything because some women take it to the heart so I just let them be.

MissMarley

i never play makeup police with people i know, i just ask if they'll let me do their makeup and act like it'll be the biggest treat in the world for me to be allowed to do it- usually they act flattered and then i can try different shades that might look better on them- and if they see it and like it, then they can carry on with it!

asteffey

i do it in my head more then vocalize my disgust. my bf will see my cringe and then ask me what is wrong with *that* makeup. its pretty funny because now he can identify poorly drawn on eyeliner, foundation, etc.

liltweekstar

yeah i'm like this also. one time i saw a chanel "makeup artist" at nordstrom and her eyeshadows needed alot of blending. it was purple on the inner lids and gray on the outer...it just looked like a makeup duo on a container. i just wanted to tell her to blend it!!!

Pink_lily

I work as a bartender in a strip club, and let me tell you, there are a lot of dancers who just do NOT know how to put on make-up. I don't know how many times I've been getting ready to leave after working a long day's shift and a girl stops me for help. When the management decided to make wearing make-up mandatory, I ended up helping a lot of girls. It drives me nuts to see badly (or not at all) blended eye shadows, too much/wrong color foundation, etc. But I never call people out on it because I know that at one point in time, I looked like that too.

Isis

I work at a high end Spa located inside of Saks, and you'd think they'd know what they're doing, but oh lord they just don't. It really shows on the older guests. I'll see dark circles under the eyes from their shadows falling durring application, heavy creasing from the wrong type of foundation/powders used on their skin, smeared (not smokey!)/skipping eyeliner, Tammy Faye mascara, etc. It never fails to amaze me everyday. And those poor women keep coming back for more... I want to say something all the time to the other ladies at my work that do makeup, but I don't. I just bite my tounge. Becuaue hey, what do I know?? They never listen to me because they think I'm too young & their other excuse is that they're too buisy. They seriouslly drive me mad.

gitargirl

I was a serious offender back in the day. Matte white and puple eyeshadow, badly blended, clear mascara (swim team, don't ask) and eyebrows plucked into oblivion by a baaaaaad bad friend who didn't know what the hell she was doing. To top it off, I used the same WetNWild brown eyeliner for my eyebrows (natural blonde, hello ronald mcdonald suprisey face) lipliner, and, sadly, eyeliner. Hideous.

I've since reformed and feel very very bad when I see someone making the effort and failing miserably. I wish I had the balls to say, "it's ok, when I was in seventh grade I didn't know I looked like that either." And help her out. But I can't find a way to phrase that without sounding like a heinous bitch.

flowerhead

Oh god...excuse me for sounding like a bitch but I know one girl who has flawless skin, but doesn't ever cleanse....just slaps on her foundation where it was the day before *puke*
And she wears a load of brown eyeshadow without mascara!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
Oh god...excuse me for sounding like a bitch but I know one girl who has flawless skin, but doesn't ever cleanse....just slaps on her foundation where it was the day before *puke*

Ew that is gross.

I do the "Make-up Police" thing in my head, but I never comment. It's really non of my biz if people want to go around looking like clowns. The worst is when I'm at a beauty counter in a department store and a lady is giving me advice when she herself has obviously no clue when it comes to application.
th_confused_new.gif

Latest posts