MUFE HD Powder and Flash Photos

blindpassion

For all of you having issues with the HD matte... you're applying it w r o n g. You need a TEENSY amount, and I completely disagree with what most people are saying about using a dense brush or a buffing brush.

You do not need a dense brush. You need a light fluffy powder brush, preferably the 136. This powder is very light and you need only a small amount on your brush.

Take a very small amount in the cap, swirl the brush in the cap, and very lightly apply it all over your face, (sweep it over your face without pressing in)

Using dense brushes or a lot of product is not going to work and it will give you that ghost face you were talking about.

It needs to be used sparingly for it to work wonders. I use MUFE foundation everyday with this powder and I've perfected its application because when I started out I used way too much powder. My face looks HD perfect with this foundation, its all in the application, especially in regards to the powder.

glossygirl

i have never had this problem. i wear #173 in the HD foundation, so i mean i'm brown. and i haven't had any problem with the HD powder looking weird on me in real life or in pictures. and i don't use it sparingly. i use it in addition to the Super mat loose powder. i use the super mat right after my foundation to set it. and then i use the hd powder after i've finished everything just to try to get that airbrushed look. and even after all that powder, it doesn't show up weird on me. i guess it works for some better than others
smiles.gif

COBI

I personally use the HD Microfinish Powder not either of the matte powders. I use a fluffy powder brush (holding it at the end away from the brush to keep it lighter) and apply very, very little (i.e. more ends up in the air than on my face). I no longer use the HD Invisible foundation on a regular basis, but I still set with the HD microfinish powder, and I do like it. In person, it's great. In random snapshots with generic flash (i.e. not studio lighting or professional setting), my face becomes washed out; anywhere that hasn't been blessed with the powder (neck down) is captured in normal real-life coloring (and this was the case even when I used it with the HD Invisible.)

Stephy171

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
Are you spraying Fix+ after you've set the foundation with HD finishing powder?

TIA

yup right after i apply the HD powder w/ my 187 brushh... sometimes i just spray it on my face and let it dry and sometimes after spraying a a buff with the 187 justt depends on my mood... comes out the same though HTH

Stephy171

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
P190257_hero.jpg

I have the same brushh and i totally agree!! this brush is the best kabuki i have ever tried!!! {never tried the 182}
tong.gif

I was wondering how do you wash/clean your brush
its not like any other brush i have evr had so im a lil skeptical about just washing it the same way i do my others.... TIA

If anyone else has this brush opr something like it i'd really appreciate so advice
winks.gif

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
For all of you having issues with the HD matte... you're applying it w r o n g. You need a TEENSY amount, and I completely disagree with what most people are saying about using a dense brush or a buffing brush.

You do not need a dense brush. You need a light fluffy powder brush, preferably the 136. This powder is very light and you need only a small amount on your brush.

Take a very small amount in the cap, swirl the brush in the cap, and very lightly apply it all over your face, (sweep it over your face without pressing in)

Using dense brushes or a lot of product is not going to work and it will give you that ghost face you were talking about.

It needs to be used sparingly for it to work wonders. I use MUFE foundation everyday with this powder and I've perfected its application because when I started out I used way too much powder. My face looks HD perfect with this foundation, its all in the application, especially in regards to the powder.

ur right about one thing, you only need a dab, literally of this product. too much will cause you looking like a ghost.

which is why i prefer the dense kabuki brush. a very tiny amount of product gets picked up and it sticks to the brush and gets all in the bristles. so you just sweep it over your face without having to reapply.

joey444

Same thing happened to me at my hubby's birhtday. I was so excited because I loved the way my makeup looked and my outfit was banging. Then we get to the club and start taking pictures and I looked like Casper the ghost!! I was sooooo DISAPPOINTED!!

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy171
I have the same brushh and i totally agree!! this brush is the best kabuki i have ever tried!!! {never tried the 182}
tong.gif

I was wondering how do you wash/clean your brush
its not like any other brush i have evr had so im a lil skeptical about just washing it the same way i do my others.... TIA

If anyone else has this brush opr something like it i'd really appreciate so advice
winks.gif

i looove this brush lol. its my HG foreal.

but to clean it, i use baby shampoo. rinse very well and store it upside down (no cap, and sleeve all the way down to the base) so the water doesn't get in the bottom. i shaked it gently to remove excess water and fan it a bit. it dries pretty quickly for me, but make sure u keep it upside down lol.

for my other natural hair brushes, i use baby shampoo AND conditioner. yup, i treat it like real hair lol. conditioner makes your bristles sooo soft.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
ur right about one thing, you only need a dab, literally of this product. too much will cause you looking like a ghost.

which is why i prefer the dense kabuki brush. a very tiny amount of product gets picked up and it sticks to the brush and gets all in the bristles. so you just sweep it over your face without having to reapply.

The problem I find with using a kabuki is that the powder is applied way too thick and with way too much pressure. I have that two faced kabuki myself, but I couldn't use it for this powder. It literally needs to be lightly swept with bristles that are far apart. Check out the HD foundation thread, I listed the steps I use to apply the liquid and the powder properly to give you that HD look.
smiles.gif

shontay07108

When I used this powder, I used it with the MUFE kabuki brush. You dip it very lightly into the powder and tap off the excess. Patting it on and then buffing it in works best. Now, though, I use Ben Nye's banana powder.

Cinci

I have the MUFE HD Microfinish powder, and I have noticed that if I am not very careful it can leave a white cast on my skin. I guess its a matter of being sure to use it sparingly. I have not really tried taking a pic of it with flash so I dont know how it shows up on film. I find that while it finishes silky smooth, it's less matte than some of my other powders (as it is made of silica).

I have the Ben Nye Neutral Set powder and it works very well to cover shine and reduce oil/persperation. I usually use this on days I expect it to be hot out or when i want extra shine control.... I've never tested this one with flash photography..

My MAC Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder was my favourite for a while, and I was using it daily.. This one is also very silky, and leaves a very natural finish on the skin, not too matte. I have not ever had a white cast with flash photography when using this.

My favourite now is the MAC Pro Set Powder in Peach. This one is the most natural that I have found so far, leaves a silky matte finish, and I have taken pics with flash and never noticed a white cast with this.

(FYI, I use these powders over MUFE HD Foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet, MAC Face & Body Foundation, and MAC Studio Fix. The brushes I use to apply the powder are either a 180 or 187)

TOday after testing out various foundations with the help of my point and shoot camera under low light and flash, I discovered white streaks all over the parts of my face that I applied this. I was horrified actually. I then figured maybe my blending with the kabuki brush wasnt good enough but to my surprise It wouldnt blend out!! It was still detectable after enormous effort of blending. I didnt even use that much... just a very light dab into the powder with the kabuki. Under regular and natural light this stuff is amazing but im not sure if I can take the chance to wear it again in case I end up in some flash photography. ANy ideas how to guarantee a perfect blend??? You really can't tell until you take a flash picture. Anyways after my realization I did a search online and found this thread and also this article http://www.styleite.com/beauty/makeup-forever-hd-powder/ Glad I'm not the only one that has noticed this... and by taking those pics it has saved me from embarrasing makeup misshap photos.

Romina1

I had the same problem. At the beginning I thought I was using much powder, then I started using a little bit just to set the make up, but again it looked ashy and ghost-like. However, it looks really nice under studio lights and and in professional photo settings.