My First FOTD---it ain't me tho :P

mia88

Pratiksha_Smokey1_SMALLcopy.jpg

So I finally post a photo of the day. This is my 4th week at the Napoleon Makeup Academy course and I used my lovely workmate to be my model! The green one is meant to be a "Yasmin eye" technique and the purpley one is meant to be a "Smokey eye" technique.

Unfortunately my camera made the smoke purple look really bright!? In real life it was deep purpley-indigo and I loved it, but the camera washed it out
ssad.gif

Anyways, please give me any conscructive comments because I wanna keep improving! Thanks for looking!

If you guys want to know what I used just go ahead and ask and I'l reply later! Unfortunately it's all Napoleon---don't kill me! I love my MAC, but obviously don't have the opportunity to use it in class! I think the only MAC thing I used for these looks was my MAC #242 brush!

mia88

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrlips
you look beautiful

Tehehe it ain't me tho...it's my friend
smiles.gif
I'm behind the scenes

Me220

These are great. I'd like to know what the difference is between a Yasmin eye and a Smokey eye? I'd just love to know the technique. TIA.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me220
These are great. I'd like to know what the difference is between a Yasmin eye and a Smokey eye? I'd just love to know the technique. TIA.

I was wondering the same thing. I have never heard of the Yasmin technique.

mia88

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I was wondering the same thing. I have never heard of the Yasmin technique.

Neither had I until I went to class yesterday :p

Anyways main diff is that Yasmin is using only one colour all over the lid to the browbone (can be one block colour like Mimi off Drew Carey Show or blended rightoff to nothing)...whereas Smokey is going very dark fade to light using the chosen shade and various other tones from the shade. Does that make sense? haha I sound like I'm rambling.

I just wished my smokey photo came out better
ssad.gif

I used one colour for Yasmin and 5 for the Smokey!

ParasiteEve

Can you tell me what colour you use for the green? I've got a Napolean here near my place & i want to check it out. Its a lovely shade of green.

Also, what tool did you use to blend for the green one? Even if its Napolen tell me so i can check it out?

Its lovely by the way!!

mia88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParasiteEve
Can you tell me what colour you use for the green? I've got a Napolean here near my place & i want to check it out. Its a lovely shade of green.

Also, what tool did you use to blend for the green one? Even if its Napolen tell me so i can check it out?

Its lovely by the way!!

Hiya, where abouts do you live? Are you in Aussie?
smiles.gif

Anyways, I used Colour Disc #48 which is like a sea foam green colour. In terms of MAC comparison, I'd say it's a satin version of Swimming without the sparkles...a little bit limer in tone too. I pushed some eyeliner in "Fiji" as well into both the lashline (with #48 on top) to fill in any gaps. As for the brush I used to blend the green, I'm pretty sure I used 16b! It's beautiful and soft! Totally recommend you buy it!
I used MAC brush #242 to blend the smokey eye
Hope that helps

ParasiteEve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia88
Hiya, where abouts do you live? Are you in Aussie?
smiles.gif

Anyways, I used Colour Disc #48 which is like a sea foam green colour. In terms of MAC comparison, I'd say it's a satin version of Swimming without the sparkles...a little bit limer in tone too. I pushed some eyeliner in "Fiji" as well into both the lashline (with #48 on top) to fill in any gaps. As for the brush I used to blend the green, I'm pretty sure I used 16b! It's beautiful and soft! Totally recommend you buy it!
I used MAC brush #242 to blend the smokey eye
Hope that helps

Thanks for that
smiles.gif

Yes.. i'm in Aussie
smiles.gif
The colours & makeup look great!! I've been looking for green & blues that goes with tanned olive skin for ages.. Mac is a bit far for me but Napolean is just around the corner..

Ohh.. also, what colour is the inner corner of the top eyes?

Thanks again.

mia88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParasiteEve
Thanks for that
smiles.gif

Yes.. i'm in Aussie
smiles.gif
The colours & makeup look great!! I've been looking for green & blues that goes with tanned olive skin for ages.. Mac is a bit far for me but Napolean is just around the corner..

Ohh.. also, what colour is the inner corner of the top eyes?

Thanks again.

You're welcome
smiles.gif

Inner corner of the top green eyes? It's just the same colour all over the lid (just more intense from lashline to socket)! It might be the camera flashing that inner corner to look brighter? Or perhaps it's the colour disc # 48 on top of the Fiji eyeliner (cos I did go from one corner of the lashline to the other). Yeah my model was a Look 4 in Minimal Makeup so that'd suit you if you're the same skin tone I reckon
smiles.gif

ParasiteEve

lol.. sorry. I meant inner corner of the blue eyes.

How did you find the Napolean course? Did you take the full course of the one day one?