my marriage is over

BeccalovesMAC

ill be praying for you. I understand how u feel this kinda shit happened to me before. I wish you the best and you and ur family will be in my prayers take care

LoveMU

Stay strong and I hope everything turns out ok. Good luck finding a job, an apartment, and you're a million times better off without him.

I hope you get your kids back
ssad.gif

Ruby_Woo

I wish you the best girl, and I hope you do take him for all he is worth. If you guys didn't have a pre-nup the fact that you didn't work so he could and you took care of the children should make you qualifiable for spousal support and child support.

You get HALF of everything you owned together. Are you on the deed to the house and the car or anything you own? If you are thats yours too.

Goodluck.

DigitalRain

This is why I am a believer of women getting a degree and a good paying career, a house, and a car before marriage. Never allow a man to have that much control over you, and if they know you don't have put up with bullshit they dish out because you got your own shit, they tend to respect your more.

CosmePro

((HUGS)) I'm sorry that this feels like such a shitty time in your life right now, but you deserve so much better and you will rise to the top. Believe that, because it's just a matter of time and like an earlier poster stated, Karma is a bitch!

Sounds to me like he was emotionally abusive and held you financially captive during your marriage by not "allowing" you to be on the bank accounts. I would play that angle personally and take everything that you have coming to you!

Just another two cents...document everything, EVERYTHING that happens from the start of all this all the way through, you just might need it in court, you never know.

Good Luck to you and CONGRATULATIONS on getting rid of a first class grade AAA+ son of a bitch!

palmetto_barbie

girl--don't let this get you too down!! he cheated and left you after you hadn't ever worked...get him for all he's worth!!!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by persephonewillo
and i'm starting over from scratch. i have been a stay at home mum since i graduated high school, now i have to find a job that will pay enough so i can move out of my parents apartment. yay. i haven't worked (outside of the home) in 15 years!!

facebook and girlies who have no problem flirting (a lot) with married men are the culprit. the man got involved with a girl months ago (they're "just friends", but she calls him to check when she arrives safely at airports while travelling, etc). she wants to move to Canada. she flirts with a man in Canada. a lot. he suddenly decides, after 17 years together, that he doesn't love me anymore and he doesn't even want to discuss counselling, etc, to see if we can work things out.

he basically kicked me out of the house with nothing but my clothes. i have less than $5 to my name (and he's always REFUSED to put me on his bank accounts. i should have taken that as a big warning, but i'm an ass). the worst part, by far, is that the kids are currently with him. they come to see me on the weekends. i suspect that the novelty of living alone with dad will wear off sooner or later and they'll be asking to be with me again. but for now he's doing his best to make life with him super dee duper fun. no chores, games, movies, sledding... you name it, they've done it. funny how when i was there he had no time for the kids because he was too busy chatting online with his "friend".

ARG.

anyway. i'm trying really hard to be positive. things will work out. i'll get to find a new apartment eventually (i like apartment hunting... weird?) i'll get to buy myself new furniture. these are good things. right?

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by persephonewillo
facebook and girlies who have no problem flirting (a lot) with married men are the culprit. the man got involved with a girl months ago (they're "just friends", but she calls him to check when she arrives safely at airports while travelling, etc). she wants to move to Canada. she flirts with a man in Canada. a lot. he suddenly decides, after 17 years together, that he doesn't love me anymore and he doesn't even want to discuss counselling, etc, to see if we can work things out.

I'm so sorry you are going through this, no one should ever be treated like you have been. I would seriously see a lawyer, it's time to end your victimization and start taking control. He's the one who cheated, not you, so he's the one who should have to face the consequences. He has no right to kick you out of your own home, and you are entitled to 50% of the assets plus child support and alimony. Please do not sell yourself short.

That being said, regarding the above quote. This is not the fault of facebook or some flirty girls. No one forced him to cheat, he chose to do that. The girls may not have known he was married or he could have grossly lied about the condition of the marriage (oh poor me my wife is so mean, i am so unhappy
th_rolleye0014.gif
" Regardless of whether they knew he was married or not and chose to go after him, they had no obligation or promise to you. On the other hand your husband does, he said those marriage vows, and he CHOSE to break them. You should be holding him 100% accountable, instead of allowing him to continue to take advantage of you and present himself as the victim. That's BS, time to call him on it. You deserve better.

snugglebear4now

I am so sorry that you got treated like that! You deserve better than that after giving 17 years of your life to your husband. Try to keep your head up and enjoying putting together your new life. Reinvent yourself and in a few years he'll be kicking himself in the ass!

sunshine16

I agree with neonkitty, women too often place the blame on other women when at the end of the day as far as i'm concerned it all sits squarely on the mans shoulders if he cheats on his wife (and vice versa if a women cheats on her hubby)
However, it's normal for the women to blame "that tart" because they don't have a history with that women, they haven't been in love with and trusted that women.
Just because it's normal doesn't make it right.

I hope your feeling okay, don't feel guilty for taking him for all his worth not only did he cheat, he's also playing dirty (re: the trying to be super dad).

Things will get better, but only when you get things happening.
See a lawyer ASAP

christinakate

Hang in there. Things always do have a turn around. He seems very ignorant and inconsiderate. Your better off, you get a chance for a fresh start, and thats exactly what you need.

Latest posts