My MilanMinerals Before & After plus Swatches

Me220

So I've been raving about this foundation, and I wanted to share my find with my fellow beauties of color. The foundation shades are awesome, and the eyeshadows are great.

So this is me with a bare face. You can see the minor imperfections, but my biggest problem is unevenness. I have a "muzzle" around my mouth that is darker than the rest of my face, and my cheeks are way lighter than most of my face. You can see varying levels of color.

Before

Hosted on Fotki

After

Hosted on Fotki

This foundation is amazing. It looks totally natural, but my skin is even. Other than e/s and b/g to fill in my brows, I'm not wearing anything else. This is my new favorite thing.

Also, I am attaching a swatch of two of the MilanMinerals pigments in comparison to MAC pigments. The top row is MM "The Truth", compared to MAC Blue Brown pigment, and the bottom is MAC Nightlight, MM Envious, MAC Golder's Green, and MAC Emerald Green. I thought the green's were closer, but The Truth is identical to Blue Brown. Everything can be bought at MilanMinerals.

aziza

Wow. Just wow! Your skin looks so good (and you have great brows)! I'm definitely sending my pic in to Candace. Oh yeah...what shade are you wearing? Did you order one or a few?

hyperRealGurl

looks great.. i went on the website to read the ingredients and was a little scared... even so im thinking of getting one of the fndn i think its called olivia or sumthing the coverage if flawless from what i can see on u... and i bet it feels light too

tommysgrls4

Very pretty!!!! I'm going to check these out!
wavey.gif

Me220

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumtingSweet
Wow. Just wow! Your skin looks so good (and you have great brows)! I'm definitely sending my pic in to Candace. Oh yeah...what shade are you wearing? Did you order one or a few?

I am wearing Brooklyn.

Quote:
=Bootyliciousx] Whoa thats fab. I have been always scared of mineral foundation makeup. Does it stay on there for how long?

I wore it through my dance class. It didn't cake or shift or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt
did u prime your face before applying the foundation?

I just moisturized. I would always make sure to moisturize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl
looks great.. i went on the website to read the ingredients and was a little scared... even so im thinking of getting one of the fndn i think its called olivia or sumthing the coverage if flawless from what i can see on u... and i bet it feels light too

What scared you about the ingredients?

hyperRealGurl

This..........
Carmine: Carmine is a natural dye which is made from the dried
bodies of a female insect called the Cochineal (Coccus Cacti).
Carmine has been an extremely popular color through the ages, for
example, it was used by the Aztecs for dyeing and painting.
In modern times, its main uses are to color food (such as juice, ice
cream and yogurt) and to color cosmetics such as lipsticks and lip
balms, rouges and eyeshadow. However, its one drawback is that
it is obviously not a "vegan" option. But, being a dye, it is also very
intense and a little should go a long way. r, it completely
disappears. Carmine is sensitive to pH. FDA approved and
permanently listed as safe for cosmetics and in food since 1977.
Any MilanMineral cosmetic containing Carmine
will be noted on product page .

hyperRealGurl

Im mena im all about natural products and all but thats just to natural for me.. ive read that even some of the lip products may contain Carmine in it also...... something strange about dried up female bug milled into powder doesnt settle right me with. haha

MacVirgin

Carmine is in any red colored product like lipsticks, nailpolish, blushes and such. I saw a program about that here in holland. It was a program about people who like to eat insects. The expert told that Carmine is used in every red colored product
smiles.gif
hmmm that made me think if mac does that to *scratches head*

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVirgin
Carmine is in any red colored product like lipsticks, nailpolish, blushes and such. I saw a program about that here in holland. It was a program about people who like to eat insects. The expert told that Carmine is used in every red colored product
smiles.gif
hmmm that made me think if mac does that to *scratches head*

haha i dunno but im about to check now.. its just the thought of that in there u know......... lol

hyperRealGurl

Holy shit "electra" has Carmine in it ewww almost makes me not want to use it... its so funny how MAC is supose to be animal freindly but yet they will put a bug in their product lol buwhahahahaha

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl
Holy shit "electra" has Carmine in it ewww almost makes me not want to use it... its so funny how MAC is supose to be animal freindly but yet they will put a bug in their product lol buwhahahahaha

eeksign.gif
yup! so does my rockocco and everything else i own colored red. def eww! when you think about it
lol.gif

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVirgin
eeksign.gif
yup! so does my rockocco and everything else i own colored red. def eww! when you think about it
lol.gif

Jea really Eekk.........