My MilanMinerals Before & After plus Swatches

ebonyannette

ha ha! yall are so funny with the Carmine!
Almost every processed food is alowed a certain amount of hair/insect parts in its products.
I saw a special on 20/20 about that like 8 years ago. Alot of the processed stuff we use/eat has other stuff in it as long as the levels are below a certain point
smiles.gif

Hungry now?

Me220

Y'all are funny. But she notes when Carmine is included, so if you are squeamish, you can choose not to use it. But I must admit, I was a little skeptical at first; then I realized it's probably been used in so much other stuff I've used that I might as well just deal. At least this way, I have a choice.
winks.gif

Bootyliciousx

I have a fear if I wipe my face with my hand all the mineral foundation would come off since it is a powder and I am really going through an allergic reaction to my face so I need the coverup at this time.

BinkysBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me220
So I've been raving about this foundation, and I wanted to share my find with my fellow beauties of color. The foundation shades are awesome, and the eyeshadows are great.

So this is me with a bare face. You can see the minor imperfections, but my biggest problem is unevenness. I have a "muzzle" around my mouth that is darker than the rest of my face, and my cheeks are way lighter than most of my face. You can see varying levels of color.

Before

Hosted on Fotki

After

Hosted on Fotki

This foundation is amazing. It looks totally natural, but my skin is even. Other than e/s and b/g to fill in my brows, I'm not wearing anything else. This is my new favorite thing.

Also, I am attaching a swatch of two of the MilanMinerals pigments in comparison to MAC pigments. The top row is MM "The Truth", compared to MAC Blue Brown pigment, and the bottom is MAC Nightlight, MM Envious, MAC Golder's Green, and MAC Emerald Green. I thought the green's were closer, but The Truth is identical to Blue Brown. Everything can be bought at MilanMinerals.

You look great. Thanks for sharing. I love your hair!!!!

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
ha ha! yall are so funny with the Carmine!
Almost every processed food is alowed a certain amount of hair/insect parts in its products.
I saw a special on 20/20 about that like 8 years ago. Alot of the processed stuff we use/eat has other stuff in it as long as the levels are below a certain point
smiles.gif

Hungry now?

still gross lol..... even so the mineral fndn looks awsome like ive stated before.. now that i know everything thats in the ingredients i started reading all the ingredients in all of my products,,, pretty gorss if u ask me..... funny how we use stuff with crazy ingredients in it

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me220
Y'all are funny. But she notes when Carmine is included, so if you are squeamish, you can choose not to use it. But I must admit, I was a little skeptical at first; then I realized it's probably been used in so much other stuff I've used that I might as well just deal. At least this way, I have a choice.
winks.gif

Haha "that wont stop me from trying out the product...... lol it was just skurry at frist lol

ebonyannette

ha ha! Yeah it is gross, I remember they did a special on how they prepare the chicken and cows for grocery stores my grandma didnt eat chicken or beef for a whole year after that! ha ha
Sometimes no news, is good news
smiles.gif

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
ha ha! Yeah it is gross, I remember they did a special on how they prepare the chicken and cows for grocery stores my grandma didnt eat chicken or beef for a whole year after that! ha ha
Sometimes no news, is good news
smiles.gif

hahaha so true so true

TheMinx

Huuuge thanks for posting this! I've never tried minerals because they aren't available here in Singapore. I'm thrilled they ship internationally!

btw - what colour are you in Mac? I'm NC50 in Mac Studiofix powder foundation & trying to choose a shade.

Me220

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMinx
Huuuge thanks for posting this! I've never tried minerals because they aren't available here in Singapore. I'm thrilled they ship internationally!

btw - what colour are you in Mac? I'm NC50 in Mac Studiofix powder foundation & trying to choose a shade.

I am an NC42 in Studio Stick Foundation. I'm wearing Brooklyn in the photo, but I also tried Carmen which is almost the exact same shade but with a stronger red undertone. HTH

Candace

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandolak
Thanks for posting. I have never used mineral foundations . they arent big over here and ive never seen them about.

Are they good for covering up quiet belmished skin. I mean is it easy to build up coverage in certain areas. I always use cream foundation as i never found any other gave me the right coverage.

Im so interested in this though...

Quandolak,mineral makeup is very good at covering up blemished skin, you just have to find the right shade. Also applying it wet provides you with more coverage than dry application.Candace

DC-Cutie

Wow, I've been contemplating using MilanMinerals and I must say you're the first person I've seen that has given me the green light...

Your face looks flawless and eyebrows are fierce
rofl.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Your after pic looks great. I just got my order of pigments from MilanMinerals. The cools are great, and size isn't huge and overwhelming like MAC pigments, plus Candace is great.

- Nice locs too btw
smiles.gif