N Collection Recs

kalikana

I'm (sorta) new to MAC. I mean I always come and look around and buy stuff occasionally, but it's only recently that I've gotten obsessed.

Anyway, I really like the N Collection, but I don't know what would look on me. What would you recommend for someone with NC44 skin tone?

I'm looking for shadows, lipsticks and/or lipglass and MSF. Thanks in advance.
smiles.gif

Oh, I had another question. What is the MSF exactly? Is it a powder that you apply all over your face or just on your cheeks?

glittergoddess27

You can do a search about uses of the MSF,..there are many threads.

For you I think the N collection would be more about highlighting. I think that you might find Nanogold as a wonderful brow or cheek highlight color. A surprsing combination,.. using N1 lipstick on the browbone and then placing Nanogold shadow on top of it.

nunu

MSF's are used to highlight the face (cheekbones, temples etc), they are also used to add a glow to the face and they can be pretty shimmery/glittery. I use mine on my cheek bones. I'm nc43 and the collection is going to be released in the uk in the first week of Feb, i can't reccomend anything because i want to see it in person
smiles.gif

Fairybelle

For NC 44 Skin:

Think deep, plummy-gold pearl bronze tinged lips...
Creamola or Cream O'Spice Creamstick Liner
5N l/s
4N l/g

Cheeks in Warmed MSF: For your coloring, Warmed will give you a nice 'warm' glow to the skin that will go perfectly with the lippies. It's not too glittery this time, and I loooove it!

Eyes:
Nanogold e/s (the perfect light gold shimmer) for highlight
Dark Edge e/s for crease
Rich Flesh e/s for lid

These colors won't make you washed out, even though they are neutrals. They go on fairly sheer, so if you want more impact, I would say use a more pigmented Paint Pot as a base first (rather than just clear eyeshadow primer).

CantAffordMAC

I'm NC42. i got 1N, 3N, 4N lipsticks. and 1N and 2N lipglasses. Except for 1N l/s which is gold and shimmery, the lipsticks and lipglasses have no sparkle. I like that. You get just a subtle wash of nudey colors with no glitter or shimmer. Something different.

darkishstar

I think the 4N and 5N lipsticks would look very nice on you. The 2N lipglass would be very flattering as well, it's a creamy peach color. Try out 3N as well. =)

And Warmed MSF would look great as well, you can use them on your cheeks for a nice glow to your skin, it wouldn't be too glittery either. =) You can also use it as a highlight on your cheekbones, temples, etc.

Latest posts