Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

They're on the RC website, up for pre-order now, just one swatch of each, but it was enough for me to know.

How ridiculous, one swatch each! Meanwhile other brands use several swatchers and they produce 5-6 swatches each. Ugh. That said, I like 2 of them, the multichrome and the purple flakies one. I shall think about it.

PearlyQueen

Here's my current mani, Quixotic Polish Luciferin:
66786 66787 66788

I actually found this quite tricky to work with - it took ages to dry and the flakies were uncooperative, but it looks nice when I finally got it dried and topped.

Anitacska

Here's my current mani, Quixotic Polish Luciferin:
View attachment 66786 View attachment 66787 View attachment 66788

I actually found this quite tricky to work with - it took ages to dry and the flakies were uncooperative, but it looks nice when I finally got it dried and topped.

I love this one, and luckily have it myself! I found the Quixotic I used was a bit too thick, but a few drops of thinner sorted it. Maybe you needed to thin it too? It's gorgeous though.

Anitacska

Luckily I don't like the Tonic fall collection very much (I'll still get 4-5), so that's freed up a little bit of the budget. Although my PPU wishlist is building steadily and since I'll be sending them to my Stackry box this time, I don't think I'll limit myself to 4 like the last 2 months.

That reminds me, did you order the Dreamland in the end?

boschicka

Luckily I don't like the Tonic fall collection very much (I'll still get 4-5), so that's freed up a little bit of the budget. Although my PPU wishlist is building steadily and since I'll be sending them to my Stackry box this time, I don't think I'll limit myself to 4 like the last 2 months.

Since you're using your Stackry box, would you like me to coordinate sending that Illyrian at some point?

And same for me, my PPU list is GROWING! I've been a little out of the loop and don't even know what Tonic's fall collection looks like.

PearlyQueen

I haven't seen much PPU yet.
I did get the Dreamland, obviously not yet of course!

Anitacska

Since you're using your Stackry box, would you like me to coordinate sending that Illyrian at some point?

And same for me, my PPU list is GROWING! I've been a little out of the loop and don't even know what Tonic's fall collection looks like.

Thank you, but not yet. I want to wait for the first package to arrive first so I can have all the Black Friday orders the before I need to ship and there's nothing going there yet.

Anitacska

Ah crap, I watched Lindsey's live swatches and now I want 7 or 8 Tonics from the fall collection.

Not sure what to order from Illyrian of it to order at all. I quite like Blackberry, Beetle, Wispy and Cuckoo, plus I wanted to get Morning Star after I passed on that last time. Anne, do you have / have you ordered any of these?

PearlyQueen

Ah crap, I watched Lindsey's live swatches and now I want 7 or 8 Tonics from the fall collection.

Not sure what to order from Illyrian of it to order at all. I quite like Blackberry, Beetle, Wispy and Cuckoo, plus I wanted to get Morning Star after I passed on that last time. Anne, do you have / have you ordered any of these?
I've ordered all of them except Blackberry.
I've skipped this release as V said they'll be back in December and I only want two or three - would have got them if I wasn't due to empty Stackry, and three isn't enough to make UK shipping worthwhile unless they're awesome! Blackberry is lovely, I'll definitely have to get it next time.

Anitacska

I've ordered all of them except Blackberry.
I've skipped this release as V said they'll be back in December and I only want two or three - would have got them if I wasn't due to empty Stackry, and three isn't enough to make UK shipping worthwhile unless they're awesome! Blackberry is lovely, I'll definitely have to get it next time.

Would you mind if I added these to the next swap? I want so many things this month and in November, I need to cut something.

PearlyQueen

Would you mind if I added these to the next swap? I want so many things this month and in November, I need to cut something.
Not a problem! I'm the same myself, I already spent my budget (HHC, Illyrian, Shleee) and I really want FTLOP, and I also have to pay Stackry shipping this week, so why I skipped Illyrians, not getting the Alchemys I was considering and hoping not to want PPU next time too. The PPU Illyrian looks quite nice though, so if you're getting it I'll be happy to add it to my swap list if that's OK? Depending on what else they have of course! I also really like the blue Glam small batch polish, which I might have to get, though it would be solo I'm guessing that next month I'll want a few more, and they seem to be shipping bi-monthly these days, which helps. It usually works that way with Glam!

Anitacska

Not a problem! I'm the same myself, I already spent my budget (HHC, Illyrian, Shleee) and I really want FTLOP, and I also have to pay Stackry shipping this week, so why I skipped Illyrians, not getting the Alchemys I was considering and hoping not to want PPU next time too. The PPU Illyrian looks quite nice though, so if you're getting it I'll be happy to add it to my swap list if that's OK? Depending on what else they have of course! I also really like the blue Glam small batch polish, which I might have to get, though it would be solo I'm guessing that next month I'll want a few more, and they seem to be shipping bi-monthly these days, which helps. It usually works that way with Glam!

Yes, sure. You can assume that you can add anything, I don't normally buy hyper-pricey polishes, so happy to swap whatever. I don't know if I'll buy it yet, I need to see more swatches.

I'm not ordering from Glam this time, nothing is really calling me. I'll see if anything I like is still available next month and then decide. But I can live without them.

Latest posts