Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Got my PPU UK order on Saturday. I also ordered the Girly Bits, but they said it had been delayed, so they could either refund me or send it with next month's order, so I asked them to do the latter. Hope they don't forget.

I have a ton of manis to share, we'll see if I have time today to post some. I've been so busy lately, it's crazy.

Anitacska

Okay, manis, first up is Fair Maiden Don't Hog the Nog with Sayuri A Time of Beauty.

Next is Emily de Molly LE 13 with LA Colors Fruity (topper). The EdM was more of a pinky coral than full blown orange, I really liked it on me.

This is Colors by Llarowe Little Boy Blue with Glam Polish Get Otter Here!. It looked better in person, the Glam looks very bumpy in the pictures, but it really wasn't.

Anitacska

More manis. First up is Vapid Lacquer Birthday Bitch 2018. I wasn't blown away by this in either state, I think it's just a bit too busy.

Next is Topshop Wistful with Takko Heart Shaped Box. The Topshop is one of my 2013 untrieds (I have started that project now, but I have hundreds, so it's going to take me a while to get through them!) and it really showed off my hideous peeling nails. Meh.

This is Chaos & Crocodiles Chesire Rose with Hits Mari Moon Cheesecake (topper, another 2013 untried).

Anitacska

A few more manis, first is Femme Fatale Inner Dreaming. Wasn't very keen on this, although it looked better in person.

Next is Colors by Llarowe Days of Our Polish with Glam Polish Hostile. This was my Halloween mani (no efforts spared, hahaha!).

This is ILNP Bikini Bottoms with Color Club Miss Bliss and OPI You Glitter Be Good to Me (topper). Both the Color Club and OPI were 2013 untrieds. Although you can't really see the CC, I used it to give a good base for the OPI. Even with one coat it was amazing, smooth and strong holo, so much better than that Topshop holo from earlier.

Anitacska

My Illyrians are in the UK, woohoo! On that note, I was looking at the HHC listings and the only one without any swatches (or images altogether) is the Illyrian. How is she always so late with everything???

Anitacska

My Illyrians have arrived. I was lucky not to be charged customs as she didn't mark the package down enough, it was $22.50. They are pretty though. IMG_20191107_104657676.jpg

PearlyQueen

Got my PPU UK order on Saturday. I also ordered the Girly Bits, but they said it had been delayed, so they could either refund me or send it with next month's order, so I asked them to do the latter. Hope they don't forget.

View attachment 66815

I have a ton of manis to share, we'll see if I have time today to post some. I've been so busy lately, it's crazy.

Nice! Isn't the PFD lovely? It brightened my day when I saw mine!

PearlyQueen

Okay, manis, first up is Fair Maiden Don't Hog the Nog with Sayuri A Time of Beauty.

View attachment 66816

View attachment 66817

View attachment 66818

View attachment 66819

Next is Emily de Molly LE 13 with LA Colors Fruity (topper). The EdM was more of a pinky coral than full blown orange, I really liked it on me.

View attachment 66820

View attachment 66821

View attachment 66822

This is Colors by Llarowe Little Boy Blue with Glam Polish Get Otter Here!. It looked better in person, the Glam looks very bumpy in the pictures, but it really wasn't.

View attachment 66823

View attachment 66824
Nice! Especially the red EdM and the Sayuri.

PearlyQueen

More manis. First up is Vapid Lacquer Birthday Bitch 2018. I wasn't blown away by this in either state, I think it's just a bit too busy.

View attachment 66825

View attachment 66826

View attachment 66827

View attachment 66828

Next is Topshop Wistful with Takko Heart Shaped Box. The Topshop is one of my 2013 untrieds (I have started that project now, but I have hundreds, so it's going to take me a while to get through them!) and it really showed off my hideous peeling nails. Meh.

View attachment 66829

View attachment 66830

This is Chaos & Crocodiles Chesire Rose with Hits Mari Moon Cheesecake (topper, another 2013 untried).

View attachment 66831

View attachment 66832

View attachment 66833

View attachment 66834
These are lovely - I like the Vapid! But that second mani I love both polishes and think they're awesome together.

PearlyQueen

A few more manis, first is Femme Fatale Inner Dreaming. Wasn't very keen on this, although it looked better in person.

View attachment 66835

View attachment 66836

View attachment 66837

Next is Colors by Llarowe Days of Our Polish with Glam Polish Hostile. This was my Halloween mani (no efforts spared, hahaha!).

View attachment 66838

View attachment 66839

This is ILNP Bikini Bottoms with Color Club Miss Bliss and OPI You Glitter Be Good to Me (topper). Both the Color Club and OPI were 2013 untrieds. Although you can't really see the CC, I used it to give a good base for the OPI. Even with one coat it was amazing, smooth and strong holo, so much better than that Topshop holo from earlier.

View attachment 66840

View attachment 66841

View attachment 66842
These are pretty too - the ILNP is such a vibrant pink, I nearly bought it but skipped. The greens are pretty too. I only like the red version of the FF, but it's pretty when it's dark!

PearlyQueen

My Illyrians are in the UK, woohoo! On that note, I was looking at the HHC listings and the only one without any swatches (or images altogether) is the Illyrian. How is she always so late with everything???
It's amazing, I wonder how long she'll continue to be honest. People are losing patience, but the polishes are sooo pretty. I won't be HHC-ing this month unless the swatches are astounding - and the name is not singing to me, so hoping I can skip.

PearlyQueen

My Illyrians have arrived. I was lucky not to be charged customs as she didn't mark the package down enough, it was $22.50. They are pretty though. View attachment 66846
Stunning! I have most of these too. Mine also arrived - but without the brush and gift... I suspect I will never get those, I notice she didn't answer my FB query and the email was also ignored. She's a nightmare when there's something you want to sort out. But those colours! I really want two of the last protos she released, wasn't paying shipping for just two though, but I saw she plans to bring them back next month. I hope they're on pre-order. I think the new collection is next week, a couple of those look stunning too. Not sure I'll be in next time though, it's Black Friday month and I'd like some funds for that. Hoping she does something good for it, maybe I'll get the protos I want with the new release and some nice BF specials! At a discount, with a freebie for preference - no, not greedy at all lol.

PearlyQueen

So here are my last two manis.
Colors By Llarowe Bless Your Wicked Little Heart:
66850 66851

And Illyrian Polish Beep Boop:
66852 66853 66854

You can probably tell which nail I broke that meant I had to lose the CBL!

Anitacska

It's amazing, I wonder how long she'll continue to be honest. People are losing patience, but the polishes are sooo pretty. I won't be HHC-ing this month unless the swatches are astounding - and the name is not singing to me, so hoping I can skip.

I noticed that the listing had disappeared and was told that she's taking November off. So I'm skipping HHC too. I quite liked the Ethereal, but in one picture it looked orangey red, in another it looked pink, and the maker said it looks different in different skintones and lighting, blah blah, so I decided no to take the risk. I don't want an orange polish.

Anitacska

Stunning! I have most of these too. Mine also arrived - but without the brush and gift... I suspect I will never get those, I notice she didn't answer my FB query and the email was also ignored. She's a nightmare when there's something you want to sort out. But those colours! I really want two of the last protos she released, wasn't paying shipping for just two though, but I saw she plans to bring them back next month. I hope they're on pre-order. I think the new collection is next week, a couple of those look stunning too. Not sure I'll be in next time though, it's Black Friday month and I'd like some funds for that. Hoping she does something good for it, maybe I'll get the protos I want with the new release and some nice BF specials! At a discount, with a freebie for preference - no, not greedy at all lol.

Ugh, she is really dishonest and annoying. I am a bit put off her brand at the moment. That said, I was decanting the polishes you asked for and they do look gorgeous. Incidentally, I've finally done all the decanting, so I will post them to you early next week. Last weekend was manic and so was this past week, but finally today I had a few minutes to do it.

Anitacska

So here are my last two manis.
Colors By Llarowe Bless Your Wicked Little Heart:
View attachment 66850 View attachment 66851

And Illyrian Polish Beep Boop:
View attachment 66852 View attachment 66853 View attachment 66854

You can probably tell which nail I broke that meant I had to lose the CBL!

Nice! I don't have either of these. But I also broke a nail and have another side break on my right hand. Plus I had to cut my right thumb nail really short as my skin was all cracked and painful on the tip of my thumb next to the nail. Cold weather is never kind on my nails/skin.

PearlyQueen

It is gorgeous! Just saw the sneak peek for next month's one and I want that too. Although so far her newest (holiday) collection isn't really doing it for me.
Oo, I haven't seen that yet, I'm officially intrigued! This one seems to have got stuck in a black hole in the US, it hasn't moved in about 10 days, I've emailed but I haven't heard back - hope it's not lost.

Latest posts