Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

boschicka

I have to say I'm feeling a bit disillusioned with polish buying at the moment. Illyrian have seriously left me angry and disappointed - no response to any of my emails to them, the fascist dictatorship they're running on FB and still no replacement brush, free gift or postage refund. The last one is what's really annoying me now, no recourse if they don't answer emails (I've sent two really polite ones so far about this alone). The way I'm feeling now, I'm not sure I want to buy again.
And my FTLOP Nov box is missing still, I emailed again and she's chasing the company for me, but that's a massive delay again.
Not to mention another order I placed on BF offered a postage refund if you met their minimum but couldn't enter the code, and again no refund, no response to my email (I only mailed yesterday once Stackry had the polishes though) - it just feels like I spend my life stressing about this stuff at the moment. So thank you Lemming Lacquer for your contribution.
Anyhow, sorry for venting but I'm soooo frustrated with all of them, customer service seems to be out of date with all of these people.
I just wish they'd KEEP THEIR F***ING PROMISES AND ANSWER THEIR EMAILS!!!!!
That's extremely frustrating and annoying. Seeing all the personal and 'small business' excuses in the various Facebook groups for certain brands is getting old.

Anitacska

Wow, you went for it this time! It's a long time since I had a haul like this... Love them by the way, the PfDs do stand out from the others, really nice, and I totally see what you mean about the Illyrians, though they are pretty. Love the GLL at the bottom too, and your Tonics look very cool. So do your EdMs - I'm kind of fancying the next release from them too.
Enjoy!

I was saving up the PfDs and EdMs for a few months. Interestingly the newest EdM release isn't really my thing. Also only like 2 or 3 of the PPU polishes. Just as well, I really can't buy much polish next year.

Anitacska

I have to say I'm feeling a bit disillusioned with polish buying at the moment. Illyrian have seriously left me angry and disappointed - no response to any of my emails to them, the fascist dictatorship they're running on FB and still no replacement brush, free gift or postage refund. The last one is what's really annoying me now, no recourse if they don't answer emails (I've sent two really polite ones so far about this alone). The way I'm feeling now, I'm not sure I want to buy again.
And my FTLOP Nov box is missing still, I emailed again and she's chasing the company for me, but that's a massive delay again.
Not to mention another order I placed on BF offered a postage refund if you met their minimum but couldn't enter the code, and again no refund, no response to my email (I only mailed yesterday once Stackry had the polishes though) - it just feels like I spend my life stressing about this stuff at the moment. So thank you Lemming Lacquer for your contribution.
Anyhow, sorry for venting but I'm soooo frustrated with all of them, customer service seems to be out of date with all of these people.
I just wish they'd KEEP THEIR F***ING PROMISES AND ANSWER THEIR EMAILS!!!!!

That is bloody awful! Trouble is, you can't even claim the money back through Paypal as it was just an offer, although you could screenshot her post and e-mail Paypal? I am really put off Illyrian now and definitely won't be buying for a while.

How frustrating about the FTLOP box too! How can it happen twice???

Okay, so Lemming Lacquer is another one not to bother with by the sound of it. I only have one of their polishes from PPU, and probably won't have more anytime soon.

Anitacska

I've been very busy with Christmas preparations, but did manage to do a festive mani (well, a tiny bit of stamping), will try to post some pictures sometime this week. I still have presents to wrap and I'm about to cook our traditional (Hungarian) Christmas Eve dinner.

In any case, Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄🎅

Anitacska

I have a few manis to share now that the Christmas rush has died down. I was so busy with preparations and cooking 3 different kinds of meals for Christmas day (regular turkey, vegetarian Quorn roast, vegan nut roast). It's never relaxing here with 3 children. Plus the ex was here all day yesterday...

Anyway, first mani is Tonic Polish Proto 281 with Glam Polish Glitter in My Veins!

IMG_20191216_111522410.jpg

IMG_20191216_111544579.jpg

IMG_20191216_111610182.jpg

Next is Emily de Molly Untapped Potential with Colors by Llarowe Oh Holy Night topped with ILNP The Road to Awe. I really loved this mani!

IMG_20191218_113827396.jpg

IMG_20191218_113842777.jpg

IMG_20191218_113848371.jpg

IMG_20191218_114000963.jpg

This is Tonic Polish Luminescent with Polished for Days Mahina

IMG_20191220_110938116.jpg

IMG_20191220_110932519.jpg

IMG_20191220_110950619.jpg

Anitacska

Got a few more manis to share. First is Different Dimension Eat, Drink & Be Fairy. It's a really pretty thermal.

IMG_20191222_102816042.jpg

IMG_20191222_102945701.jpg

Next is Emily de Molly Downward Spiral. This was my Christmas mani. I fudged up the stamping on my thumb, but the polish was so pretty!

IMG_20191224_112737240.jpg

IMG_20191224_112747671.jpg

IMG_20191224_112933794.jpg

IMG_20191224_112857669.jpg

My current mani is Vapid Lacquer Anything 4 Selena's. I'm really not sure about this. The cold state is a nice colour, the warm is okay, I'm just not realy feeling it.

IMG_20191226_115237047.jpg

IMG_20191226_115336941.jpg

IMG_20191226_115501893.jpg

boschicka

Once again, pics from "professional" swatchers have let me down. I skipped quite a few Dec PPU polishes due to swatcher pics. Now that I'm seeing photos from normal people who bought them, I wish I had purchased quite a few of them. I think swatchers try so hard to capture the micro aspects of a polish, they forget the macro. The pics in this thread are more accurate and useful. Just venting.

PearlyQueen

I have a few manis to share now that the Christmas rush has died down. I was so busy with preparations and cooking 3 different kinds of meals for Christmas day (regular turkey, vegetarian Quorn roast, vegan nut roast). It's never relaxing here with 3 children. Plus the ex was here all day yesterday...

Anyway, first mani is Tonic Polish Proto 281 with Glam Polish Glitter in My Veins!

View attachment 67027

View attachment 67028

View attachment 67029

Next is Emily de Molly Untapped Potential with Colors by Llarowe Oh Holy Night topped with ILNP The Road to Awe. I really loved this mani!

View attachment 67030

View attachment 67031

View attachment 67032

View attachment 67033

This is Tonic Polish Luminescent with Polished for Days Mahina

View attachment 67034

View attachment 67035

View attachment 67036
These are really nice - specially the last one!

PearlyQueen

Got a few more manis to share. First is Different Dimension Eat, Drink & Be Fairy. It's a really pretty thermal.

View attachment 67037

View attachment 67038

Next is Emily de Molly Downward Spiral. This was my Christmas mani. I fudged up the stamping on my thumb, but the polish was so pretty!

View attachment 67039

View attachment 67040

View attachment 67041

View attachment 67042

My current mani is Vapid Lacquer Anything 4 Selena's. I'm really not sure about this. The cold state is a nice colour, the warm is okay, I'm just not realy feeling it.

View attachment 67043

View attachment 67044

View attachment 67045
Again lovely, I adore your little gold Xmas trees!

PearlyQueen

Once again, pics from "professional" swatchers have let me down. I skipped quite a few Dec PPU polishes due to swatcher pics. Now that I'm seeing photos from normal people who bought them, I wish I had purchased quite a few of them. I think swatchers try so hard to capture the micro aspects of a polish, they forget the macro. The pics in this thread are more accurate and useful. Just venting.
I know what you mean, it's so annoying with limited release polishes.

PearlyQueen

Hey, hope all of you had a great Xmas! I've been avoiding nail polish stuff, so annoyed by it all at the moment. I see Illyrian still has their last preorder open, once it closes and my stuff is despatched I'm going to hound her about my refund. There are two or three items in the order I don't want to miss out on because she's angry with me! Afterwards... we'll see, I still love some of these polishes, damn my weakness.

Anitacska

That's really annoying. Do you ever watch Delanie's videos? I find her singing and general persona quite hard to listen to, but her live swatches are pretty good. I find Lisa's (Cosmetic Sanctuary) swatches really dull, don't understand why she gets to swatch most of the polishes. Based only on her swatches I would pass on most polishes.

Anitacska

Hey, hope all of you had a great Xmas! I've been avoiding nail polish stuff, so annoyed by it all at the moment. I see Illyrian still has their last preorder open, once it closes and my stuff is despatched I'm going to hound her about my refund. There are two or three items in the order I don't want to miss out on because she's angry with me! Afterwards... we'll see, I still love some of these polishes, damn my weakness.

Surprisingly my Christmas turned out pretty well. There were no dramas and no arguing. And once the ex left, I had the telly all to myself all evening.

I also noticed that the shop is open, I'm guessing it's because she hasn't sold much. The 5 new protos were capped at 75, but only one is showing as sold out. Ouch. I'm glad to see she's skipping PPU this month, at least I'm not even tempted to buy from her. I hope you get your polishes and refund okay.

I've been looking at the PPU polishes and finding them quite underwhelming. I think I might buy 4, but most of them are either samey, or just meh. Not complaining though as I don't really have much to spend anyway.

I'm mostly just waiting for the next Tonic release, last month's PPU package is due to arrive at Stackry today, so that's starting the new cycle. I still want 10 polishes from the last 2 releases and then see what else she comes up with.

Also debating the FTLOP box, but not sure if I'll buy it. I seriously need a rich dead uncle to inherit from, shame there isn't one, hahaha!

Latest posts