Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

boschicka

That's really annoying. Do you ever watch Delanie's videos? I find her singing and general persona quite hard to listen to, but her live swatches are pretty good. I find Lisa's (Cosmetic Sanctuary) swatches really dull, don't understand why she gets to swatch most of the polishes. Based only on her swatches I would pass on most polishes.

Ugh, she is my nightmare, but you are right. I need to start watching her videos again.

Anitacska

Ugh, she is my nightmare, but you are right. I need to start watching her videos again.

I usually turn off the sound. Also I skip to the polishes I'm interested in. I only buy from certain brands unless a less known brand comes out with a really special, unique polish. That doesn't happen very often.

Anitacska

I did a bit of end of year stock take (because I'm a boring geek) and worked out how many polishes I bought over the course of the year. Turns out I bought the most from EdM with Tonic coming close second and Illyrian third with just one less than Tonic. I'm quite surprised that over the past 2 years I bought more than 100 Illyrians! Well, if I stop buying from her, I'll still have untrieds in 10 years' time at least! Polished for Days was 4th and Femme Fatale 5th, but I bought a lot less from FF than last year (about half). Glam Polish is still the brand I have most polishes from, despite not buying much at all lately (although the 12 decants from Anne definitely helped). Sorry, told you I was boring.

boschicka

I did a bit of end of year stock take (because I'm a boring geek) and worked out how many polishes I bought over the course of the year. Turns out I bought the most from EdM with Tonic coming close second and Illyrian third with just one less than Tonic. I'm quite surprised that over the past 2 years I bought more than 100 Illyrians! Well, if I stop buying from her, I'll still have untrieds in 10 years' time at least! Polished for Days was 4th and Femme Fatale 5th, but I bought a lot less from FF than last year (about half). Glam Polish is still the brand I have most polishes from, despite not buying much at all lately (although the 12 decants from Anne definitely helped). Sorry, told you I was boring.
Thanks for sharing. Not boring at all.

Anitacska

Thanks for sharing. Not boring at all.

Good to know, lol. I figured maybe not everyone enjoyed statistics as much as I do.

I've also thrown out several old drugstore glitter polishes that have dried out. Most of them have been used already, but in any case, it wasn't worth wasting polish thinner on them. It's not like I don't have enough!

Anitacska

Wow! Just saw in the HHC group that EP is joining them in January! Never thought I'd see the day when EP takes part in something like that. Wonder if her sales are dwindling, so she's looking for more exposure. Apparently her polishes will be inspired by the Beatles. To be honest, it would be pretty cool if she came up with new multichrome holos to add to the existing Beatles line up. I might even buy those!

It seems Illyrian isn't taking part in HHC again and there's been no posts from her in the group. And the shop is still open.

In other news, Tonic has a 20% sale all January. The latest releases aren't included, but I still haven't bough from the fall collection and there's a few others from the core line I'd like to get.

I think I'm going for 5 polishes from PPU. I've talked myself out of the PfD, it's lovely, but I'm pretty sure I can recreate it with a similar multichrome and a flakie topper like Different Dimension Interstellar. Also passing on the FTLOP box.

PearlyQueen

Surprisingly my Christmas turned out pretty well. There were no dramas and no arguing. And once the ex left, I had the telly all to myself all evening.

I also noticed that the shop is open, I'm guessing it's because she hasn't sold much. The 5 new protos were capped at 75, but only one is showing as sold out. Ouch. I'm glad to see she's skipping PPU this month, at least I'm not even tempted to buy from her. I hope you get your polishes and refund okay.

I've been looking at the PPU polishes and finding them quite underwhelming. I think I might buy 4, but most of them are either samey, or just meh. Not complaining though as I don't really have much to spend anyway.

I'm mostly just waiting for the next Tonic release, last month's PPU package is due to arrive at Stackry today, so that's starting the new cycle. I still want 10 polishes from the last 2 releases and then see what else she comes up with.

Also debating the FTLOP box, but not sure if I'll buy it. I seriously need a rich dead uncle to inherit from, shame there isn't one, hahaha!
Glad you had a good Xmas (mine was minimalist) and happy new year to all!
I'm underwhelmed by PPU and FTLOP this time (good news coz I'm broke!) and won't be ordering. Still no Nov FTLOP, she's chasing the shippers. Also not fussed on the Tonics this time. But I did have a few interesting EdMs in my cart - no discount just now though, so they will wait till next month maybe.
By the way, I have to retract on my previous post about Lemming - I posted about it on FB and she got back to me. Apologised, her email hadn't sent properly and pointed out that it was my own error in choosing priority shipping (I was sure I hadn't but it's on the order details!). She also gave me the refund anyway, which is really nice goodwill. So I will probably buy again once I've seen/tried what's in my Stackry box.

PearlyQueen

Not boring! I haven't done this but I know it's been all about Illyrian this year, everything else has been pretty neglected. But at the end of year I started a slight Shleee obsession, this may take Illyrian's place with all the disappointments from Vanessa.

Anitacska

Glad you had a good Xmas (mine was minimalist) and happy new year to all!
I'm underwhelmed by PPU and FTLOP this time (good news coz I'm broke!) and won't be ordering. Still no Nov FTLOP, she's chasing the shippers. Also not fussed on the Tonics this time. But I did have a few interesting EdMs in my cart - no discount just now though, so they will wait till next month maybe.
By the way, I have to retract on my previous post about Lemming - I posted about it on FB and she got back to me. Apologised, her email hadn't sent properly and pointed out that it was my own error in choosing priority shipping (I was sure I hadn't but it's on the order details!). She also gave me the refund anyway, which is really nice goodwill. So I will probably buy again once I've seen/tried what's in my Stackry box.

That's good news about Lemming. I'm assuming you've not heard from Vanessa?

I'm only buying from Tonic after the 14th, my credit card statement is huge after Christmas and Paws's dental surgery. Just put in a claim with the insurance company for best part of £500!

Anitacska

Since I'm not being hassled by my children and not able to do any housework or go out (we have the builders working on the loft and the plumber is moving the hot water tank to its new position, I need to be in to let him in, there's no water or heating atm and I don't want to start hoovering as I wouldn't hear the doorbell), I thought I might as well share my latest mani pictures.

First is Kelara Blue Steel (2013 untried) with Glam Polish Somewhere Over the Rainbow. I really liked this one.

IMG_20191228_143155854.jpg

IMG_20191229_120829193.jpg

IMG_20191229_120848870.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale Aphrodite. I trully hated this in its warm state. In the cold state it looked better as the darker colour disguised the ugly texture, but still wasn't a fan.

IMG_20191230_093114641.jpg

IMG_20191230_120647521.jpg

IMG_20191230_120715042.jpg

This is Urban Outfitters Silver Holo (2013 untried) with Glam Polish Illusion. I don't buy plain silver holos anymore, but this is definitely a good one.

IMG_20200103_102137420.jpg

IMG_20200103_123803502.jpg

My current mani is ILNP Purple Plasma with Sinful Colors I Miss You (2013 untried). Love the ILNP, it's such a gorgeous purple.

IMG_20200105_134145556.jpg

IMG_20200105_125209302.jpg

PearlyQueen

That's good news about Lemming. I'm assuming you've not heard from Vanessa?

I'm only buying from Tonic after the 14th, my credit card statement is huge after Christmas and Paws's dental surgery. Just put in a claim with the insurance company for best part of £500!
Yes, Lemming win - and Illyrian lose big time, no response, no shipping notice. I haven't chased again as I do want my other order, but after that I'm going to stop the nicey nicey emails - I feel ripped off at the moment and I'm going to tell her so.
Hope Paws is OK, expensive bills do interfere with the fun stuff. Good you've got insurance, I don't sadly.

PearlyQueen

Oh no! That's no way to spend NYE! Hope it's nothing major and you feel better soon.
Hi hun, I had a cataract removed, all recovered now, though it's another 10 days till I'm allowed to wear eye makeup. All my colleagues have been so sweet and told me I look better without it - a complete lie, but nice of them! The op itself was miraculous, and I've stopped wearing glasses and contact lenses completely until I have an optician consultation next month. Weird, I've been needing them since I was about 9 years old!

PearlyQueen

Since I'm not being hassled by my children and not able to do any housework or go out (we have the builders working on the loft and the plumber is moving the hot water tank to its new position, I need to be in to let him in, there's no water or heating atm and I don't want to start hoovering as I wouldn't hear the doorbell), I thought I might as well share my latest mani pictures.

First is Kelara Blue Steel (2013 untried) with Glam Polish Somewhere Over the Rainbow. I really liked this one.

View attachment 67072

View attachment 67073

View attachment 67074

Next is Femme Fatale Aphrodite. I trully hated this in its warm state. In the cold state it looked better as the darker colour disguised the ugly texture, but still wasn't a fan.

View attachment 67078

View attachment 67076

View attachment 67077

This is Urban Outfitters Silver Holo (2013 untried) with Glam Polish Illusion. I don't buy plain silver holos anymore, but this is definitely a good one.

View attachment 67079

View attachment 67080

My current mani is ILNP Purple Plasma with Sinful Colors I Miss You (2013 untried). Love the ILNP, it's such a gorgeous purple.

View attachment 67081

View attachment 67082
All but the FF are really nice! The ILNP is a beautiful purple, and I like both Glams.

Latest posts