Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

boschicka

Do either of you remember which brand offered a topper to help with magnetic polishes? To enhance the magnetic effect.

Anitacska

Oh and my swatchsticks are finally moving! I expect they might arrive tomorrow. I'll need them to swatch these FFs as well as continue with swatching my Tonics. I thought I might also do my PfDs too. We'll see.

Anitacska

Oo nice! I'm glad they arrived safely after all the stressing. Love the third and fourth ones on the top row particularly.

I'm pretty sure the blue in the middle is a thermal, so is the one on the right in the top row and the bottom right one too (and maybe the bottom left?). I'll need to check though as she doesn't put it on the labels which is annoying.

PearlyQueen

Well my two Illyrian orders which were moving together have now become separated - having both reached the UK. The mystery bag is with my local delivery office, the protos landed at Heathrow but RM are saying they don't have it yet. I'm thinking I might get a charge on that one :( - that's usually why it leaves Heathrow and doesn't get into the RM system straight away. Very annoying if so as it's just 3 polishes.
And since my US orders arrived in the UK finally, I gave in to temptation and placed my Lemming order as well... shouldn't have done it but I've been soooo good recently and I really wanted them! It's 7 previous PPU polishes plus one standard one, I haven't ordered direct from them to the UK before so not sure if I'll get customs charges on this order, but shipping was fairly reasonable at $22.45 (ish!). I could have got a couple more but at the ninth polish the shipping jumped to the $35's so I left it. She's also got a decent rewards programme, I have only placed one order and put up one review plus signed up for emails, and I already had $15 in rewards waiting - sadly, they are split into $10 and $5 and I don't think you can use two codes on one order as I had planned, but still not to be sneezed at - and the order I placed yesterday has meant I now have another $15 to spend. (I didn't actually try to add both codes, as sometimes that messes things up and you lose both, experience with MeiMei that one! Maybe I'll try it next time, she's actually very helpful when she finally answers emails!)

Anitacska

Well my two Illyrian orders which were moving together have now become separated - having both reached the UK. The mystery bag is with my local delivery office, the protos landed at Heathrow but RM are saying they don't have it yet. I'm thinking I might get a charge on that one :( - that's usually why it leaves Heathrow and doesn't get into the RM system straight away. Very annoying if so as it's just 3 polishes.
And since my US orders arrived in the UK finally, I gave in to temptation and placed my Lemming order as well... shouldn't have done it but I've been soooo good recently and I really wanted them! It's 7 previous PPU polishes plus one standard one, I haven't ordered direct from them to the UK before so not sure if I'll get customs charges on this order, but shipping was fairly reasonable at $22.45 (ish!). I could have got a couple more but at the ninth polish the shipping jumped to the $35's so I left it. She's also got a decent rewards programme, I have only placed one order and put up one review plus signed up for emails, and I already had $15 in rewards waiting - sadly, they are split into $10 and $5 and I don't think you can use two codes on one order as I had planned, but still not to be sneezed at - and the order I placed yesterday has meant I now have another $15 to spend. (I didn't actually try to add both codes, as sometimes that messes things up and you lose both, experience with MeiMei that one! Maybe I'll try it next time, she's actually very helpful when she finally answers emails!)

Post is very unpredictable right now, my swatchsticks took 12 days to reach me within the UK. Annoyingly they don't match the ones I've been using for Tonics and FF, so decided to order more of those (from China, so will take a while to get here) and use these to start swatching my PfDs instead. Hope you don't get charged customs on your protos. Please can you post pictures of your mystery bag once you have it. Thanks.

Lemming sounds okay. I think I only have one polish from her, Ghost of the Vault from PPU a couple of years ago. I'm really trying to focus on brands I already have several polishes from, I don't even have the money to order from those atm.

Luckily I'm not really interested in much from PPU, although I haven't seen Girly Bits' and FF's contributions. There are a couple I like, but don't feel like any of them are must haves.

I have relisted my stuff on Depop as they offer discounted MyHermes collection, so I don't need to go to the post office to post what I sell. Hoping to be able to finance a Tonic order or PfD/FTLOP order with that, although so far nobody has bought anything.

Anitacska

How is everyone? I've been really busy despite not going anywhere. I did some gardening yesterday and also suddenly there seemed to be a lot of housework that needed doing today. I did however manage to fit in a TV series I bought on DVD 6 years ago and never got around to watching (Blackpool, with David Tennant).

Anyhow, I've managed to sell some make up on Depop, but MyHermes failed to collect the pakages today. Ugh. It's not much, probably enough for 2 polishes with the current exchange rates, but hopefully I will sell more before I want to buy anything. On that note, I am seriously underwhelmed by PPU. I haven't seen Girly Bits's or Femme Fatale's polishes, but at this rate, I might not buy anything this month!

Have you seen the EP rainbow collection? I quite like some of the colours, but at $16 each, I can't be bothered to order. They are just holos in the end of the day.

Still waiting to hear about the new Tonic collection, apparently it will launch soon. I probably won't be able to order straight away, but we'll see.

I haven't received anything lately, still waiting for my HHC polishes and of course, April PPU.

Anitacska

Mani time! First up is Emily de Molly Lost in Translation (thermal). I liked this one.

IMG_20200413_121617364.jpg

IMG_20200413_122010036.jpg

IMG_20200413_121748363.jpg

Next is Cupcake Polish Bad Santa with Illyrian Tell-Tale. I really liked this mani, especially the Cupcake.

IMG_20200415_110425447.jpg

IMG_20200415_110540306.jpg

Next is Fancy Gloss Water Lilies (thermal) with water lily decals (in case you were wondering, they are supposed to be water lilies, but my colouring in was a bit heavy handed, lol). I wanted to wear this before the thermal stopped working, I have another FG thermal that died on me before I could use it. I did like this a lot. Annoyingly I managed to trap a hair under the topcoat after applying the decal on my ring finger and only noticed when I looked at the photos (it wasn't that apparent irl). I managed to edit it out mostly, but if you notice something weird on that nail, that'll be why!

IMG_20200417_124229041.jpg

IMG_20200417_124327816.jpg

IMG_20200417_124027761.jpg

Anitacska

Finally, my current mani (about to be taken off) is Bee's Knees Lacquer #pressforprogress. The last thermal of the season, it's getting too warm for them now. Luckily I preferred its warm stage to the cold stage. While I still don't get the hype around BKL, I absolutely adore this one in its warm state. So pretty! Only 2 coats as well, really nice coverage and consistency.

IMG_20200419_113350666.jpg

IMG_20200419_112907206.jpg

IMG_20200419_113121821.jpg

PearlyQueen

Post is very unpredictable right now, my swatchsticks took 12 days to reach me within the UK. Annoyingly they don't match the ones I've been using for Tonics and FF, so decided to order more of those (from China, so will take a while to get here) and use these to start swatching my PfDs instead. Hope you don't get charged customs on your protos. Please can you post pictures of your mystery bag once you have it. Thanks.

Lemming sounds okay. I think I only have one polish from her, Ghost of the Vault from PPU a couple of years ago. I'm really trying to focus on brands I already have several polishes from, I don't even have the money to order from those atm.

Luckily I'm not really interested in much from PPU, although I haven't seen Girly Bits' and FF's contributions. There are a couple I like, but don't feel like any of them are must haves.

I have relisted my stuff on Depop as they offer discounted MyHermes collection, so I don't need to go to the post office to post what I sell. Hoping to be able to finance a Tonic order or PfD/FTLOP order with that, although so far nobody has bought anything.
I haven't seen much PPU yet. Good luck with the sale, my eBay stuff isn't shifting either, not much call for shoes during lockdown I guess!

PearlyQueen

How is everyone? I've been really busy despite not going anywhere. I did some gardening yesterday and also suddenly there seemed to be a lot of housework that needed doing today. I did however manage to fit in a TV series I bought on DVD 6 years ago and never got around to watching (Blackpool, with David Tennant).

Anyhow, I've managed to sell some make up on Depop, but MyHermes failed to collect the pakages today. Ugh. It's not much, probably enough for 2 polishes with the current exchange rates, but hopefully I will sell more before I want to buy anything. On that note, I am seriously underwhelmed by PPU. I haven't seen Girly Bits's or Femme Fatale's polishes, but at this rate, I might not buy anything this month!

Have you seen the EP rainbow collection? I quite like some of the colours, but at $16 each, I can't be bothered to order. They are just holos in the end of the day.

Still waiting to hear about the new Tonic collection, apparently it will launch soon. I probably won't be able to order straight away, but we'll see.

I haven't received anything lately, still waiting for my HHC polishes and of course, April PPU.
I loved Blackpool! Maybe I'll watch it again soon...
I too like the EP collection (several of them anyway) but I don't need more holos and obviously still broke. Also not interested in the next Glam releases, money saved yay! But Lemming have a discount code today so I ordered a few more. I tried to use the discount code and a $5 dollar reward code but I was right, couldn't do both. So I took one item out of the order which didn't qualify for the anniversary discount, checked out, placed the missing one on a separate order with the voucher and asked her to combine both orders with my previous unfulfilled one... I'm hoping to get away with it!

PearlyQueen

Mani time! First up is Emily de Molly Lost in Translation (thermal). I liked this one.

View attachment 67524

View attachment 67525

View attachment 67526

Next is Cupcake Polish Bad Santa with Illyrian Tell-Tale. I really liked this mani, especially the Cupcake.

View attachment 67527

View attachment 67528

Next is Fancy Gloss Water Lilies (thermal) with water lily decals (in case you were wondering, they are supposed to be water lilies, but my colouring in was a bit heavy handed, lol). I wanted to wear this before the thermal stopped working, I have another FG thermal that died on me before I could use it. I did like this a lot. Annoyingly I managed to trap a hair under the topcoat after applying the decal on my ring finger and only noticed when I looked at the photos (it wasn't that apparent irl). I managed to edit it out mostly, but if you notice something weird on that nail, that'll be why!

View attachment 67529

View attachment 67530

View attachment 67531
Very cute! Love the bright pinks with Cupcake and Illyrian.

Anitacska

I haven't seen much PPU yet. Good luck with the sale, my eBay stuff isn't shifting either, not much call for shoes during lockdown I guess!

It seems that Girly Bits and Femme Fatale aren't doing PPU, so I'm going to pass. There are a few I like, but not enough to bother, especially if they're from brands I don't buy from already.

I am so mad, MyHermes still haven't collected my packages! I've tried contacting them, but you can't actually speak to a human because it shows that the packages are from Depop. I've managed to find their e-mail address and contacted them, but so far no joy. Depop have been just as useless, so not sure what I can do really. So annoying! I understand that there might be some delays due to Covid-19, but a week is a joke really. I don't want to be selling if I have to go to the post office, so far I've been able to book food deliveries or click+collect, so I've not had to go to the shops in weeks. I'm not risking it for a few quid. I thought this would be an ideal solution, but of course, MyHermes are shit at best of times...

Latest posts