Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Still no movement from USPS on my Lollipops (a week now). Shleees still moving. Alchemy have no idea how long it will be because of terrible tracking (but they're coming here, not Stackry, so no panic on that one). And emailed Vanessa just now to ask about my Illyrians (a friendly query rather than a demand) and got a response immediately that they were shipped last Wednesday, the tracking no went to an incorrect email address so I can't check if USPS agrees with her but if it's shipped that's good. Xmas day is the date I need to consolidate, I'm hoping all three will be there by then but I'm going to wait for them all before I ship. With the current chaos - no point in rushing things, a few dollars in storage fees won't bump up the bill at Stackry too much I guess.
Did your Fedex turn up?

Anitacska

Still no movement from USPS on my Lollipops (a week now). Shleees still moving. Alchemy have no idea how long it will be because of terrible tracking (but they're coming here, not Stackry, so no panic on that one). And emailed Vanessa just now to ask about my Illyrians (a friendly query rather than a demand) and got a response immediately that they were shipped last Wednesday, the tracking no went to an incorrect email address so I can't check if USPS agrees with her but if it's shipped that's good. Xmas day is the date I need to consolidate, I'm hoping all three will be there by then but I'm going to wait for them all before I ship. With the current chaos - no point in rushing things, a few dollars in storage fees won't bump up the bill at Stackry too much I guess.
Did your Fedex turn up?

No, but it's out for delivery now!

Anitacska

My package is here! Everything is fine, but I nearly had a heart attack when I opened it and saw that they removed all of the bubblewrap! Luckily only 6 polishes were in there loose, the others had their own boxes (FF, ILNP, EdM) or were in other boxes (Different Dimension, Color Club), and nothing broke. They did line the box and put some bubblewrap on the top and it was packaged quite tightly, but still. Argh!

Finally have the perfume I really wanted, so happy about that too. I like the polishes I ordered, although some of the EdMs look a bit dull, but it was very gloomy in my room, so maybe seeing them in sunlight might help. Anyway, here they are:

IMG_20201222_130942213.jpg

I'm pretty sure I won't be ordering any more polishes this year, so for the first time in ages I actually used more polishes than I bought in a year! Next year I'm going to have to be more frugal, and limit my purchases to PPU and a few select brands only (I'm thinking Tonic, PfD, FF, EdM and Girly Bits).

Anne, your HHC polish is now with the group buy organiser, she'll probably post them out after Christmas. Shall I hang onto it until your other one comes too and/or we finally do our swap?

Anitacska

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas! My PfD order arrived on Christmas Eve, I really like the polishes I ordered. For some reason I didn't order Flannel, but I will get it next time. I haven't seen anything about the FTLOP box or the New Year's duo yet, but if I order, I will definitely add Flannel.

IMG_20201224_160141195.jpg

PearlyQueen

My package is here! Everything is fine, but I nearly had a heart attack when I opened it and saw that they removed all of the bubblewrap! Luckily only 6 polishes were in there loose, the others had their own boxes (FF, ILNP, EdM) or were in other boxes (Different Dimension, Color Club), and nothing broke. They did line the box and put some bubblewrap on the top and it was packaged quite tightly, but still. Argh!

Finally have the perfume I really wanted, so happy about that too. I like the polishes I ordered, although some of the EdMs look a bit dull, but it was very gloomy in my room, so maybe seeing them in sunlight might help. Anyway, here they are:

View attachment 68575

I'm pretty sure I won't be ordering any more polishes this year, so for the first time in ages I actually used more polishes than I bought in a year! Next year I'm going to have to be more frugal, and limit my purchases to PPU and a few select brands only (I'm thinking Tonic, PfD, FF, EdM and Girly Bits).

Anne, your HHC polish is now with the group buy organiser, she'll probably post them out after Christmas. Shall I hang onto it until your other one comes too and/or we finally do our swap?
Yay, nice haul! The DDs are particularly cute! What a stressful way to pack them though! I'm still pending on all the stuff I was waiting for - Illyrian, Lollipop, Shleee, Alchemy... Soooo annoying!
Thanks for HHC update, I'm happy to wait till its colleague arrives please!

PearlyQueen

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas! My PfD order arrived on Christmas Eve, I really like the polishes I ordered. For some reason I didn't order Flannel, but I will get it next time. I haven't seen anything about the FTLOP box or the New Year's duo yet, but if I order, I will definitely add Flannel.

View attachment 68576
Love these! I have been well impressed with my own PfD BF order, I opened them and just wanted to buy more!!! I think it was good way to get loads with single postage and discounts so I plan to wait till next BF to get the new ones, though I love them!

Anitacska

Yay, nice haul! The DDs are particularly cute! What a stressful way to pack them though! I'm still pending on all the stuff I was waiting for - Illyrian, Lollipop, Shleee, Alchemy... Soooo annoying!
Thanks for HHC update, I'm happy to wait till its colleague arrives please!

Oh that is annoying. It seems there are huge postal delays in the US. I was very impressed that my PfD order got to the UK within a week AND the Royal Mail delivered it the day after it arrived in the country!

Anitacska

Love these! I have been well impressed with my own PfD BF order, I opened them and just wanted to buy more!!! I think it was good way to get loads with single postage and discounts so I plan to wait till next BF to get the new ones, though I love them!

I will only order if I like the FTOP box, otherwise I will save them up too. Not until BF mind, I can't wait that long (even though I have 170 untrieds from PfD alone)!

Anitacska

I have some manis to show. First is my favourite, Polished for Days Solasta with LynB Designs Oh Snow You Don't on the accents. The PfD is so gorgeous!

IMG_20201222_113406898.jpg

IMG_20201222_113410885.jpg

IMG_20201222_110849958.jpg

IMG_20201222_110959759.jpg

My Christmas Eve/Day mani was Color Club Ho-Ho-Holly (2013 untried) topped with Make Up Gallery Rainbow Sparkle on the accents and stamped with Colour Alike Supernova.

IMG_20201224_123402511.jpg

IMG_20201224_123451539.jpg

My current mani is Tonic Polish Monster Mash topped with Claire's Fluffy on the accents and stamped with Emily de Molly White. The Tonic is a thermal and also glow in the dark, although I don't really care about the latter.

IMG_20201226_122634885.jpg

IMG_20201226_122713482.jpg

IMG_20201226_122805795.jpg

PearlyQueen

I have some manis to show. First is my favourite, Polished for Days Solasta with LynB Designs Oh Snow You Don't on the accents. The PfD is so gorgeous!

View attachment 68577

View attachment 68578

View attachment 68579

View attachment 68580

My Christmas Eve/Day mani was Color Club Ho-Ho-Holly (2013 untried) topped with Make Up Gallery Rainbow Sparkle on the accents and stamped with Colour Alike Supernova.

View attachment 68581

View attachment 68582

My current mani is Tonic Polish Monster Mash topped with Claire's Fluffy on the accents and stamped with Emily de Molly White. The Tonic is a thermal and also glow in the dark, although I don't really care about the latter.

View attachment 68583

View attachment 68584

View attachment 68585
I love these, especially your Christmas stamping!

PearlyQueen

My Shleees made it to Stackry today! Still waiting on Illyrians and Lollipops, hoping they arrive soon. Big thumbs up to Shleee for cancelling an order where I accidentally bought polish I already had without a quibble as well. I was an idiot!

Anitacska

My Shleees made it to Stackry today! Still waiting on Illyrians and Lollipops, hoping they arrive soon. Big thumbs up to Shleee for cancelling an order where I accidentally bought polish I already had without a quibble as well. I was an idiot!

Fingers crossed they get there soon. Good customer service from Shleee!

Anitacska

I'm trying to decide what to order from PPU, I like a good few polishes. I think I'll get 8 plus the KBShimmer body scrub and the PPU nail file. That should push me into free shipping. Annette has now confirmed that shipping is now up to 8 polishes for $5.50, but I don't know if I'd get charged more for the extra items, especially the body scrub as it's quite heavy. This way she can't shaft me. I actually like 10 polishes, but decided against the Wildflower and the Bluebird.

I really like the FTLOP box, so definitely buying that. I'll see how much more shipping is if I add some polishes to it. I might not.

Luckily I only like 2 of the new Femme Fatales and 2 of the new Glams. So hopefully that is it for January (subject to HHC and a surprise Tonic launch).

PearlyQueen

Fingers crossed they get there soon. Good customer service from Shleee!
Thanks, I'm really hoping - with no tracking no for Illyrian I don't even know if it has shipped. Though she said it did. Lollipop is crawling very slowly through the system! Shleee get top marks from me for sorting out my mistake! Had to let people know, it's not fair to just whinge about the bad ones!

PearlyQueen

I'm trying to decide what to order from PPU, I like a good few polishes. I think I'll get 8 plus the KBShimmer body scrub and the PPU nail file. That should push me into free shipping. Annette has now confirmed that shipping is now up to 8 polishes for $5.50, but I don't know if I'd get charged more for the extra items, especially the body scrub as it's quite heavy. This way she can't shaft me. I actually like 10 polishes, but decided against the Wildflower and the Bluebird.

I really like the FTLOP box, so definitely buying that. I'll see how much more shipping is if I add some polishes to it. I might not.

Luckily I only like 2 of the new Femme Fatales and 2 of the new Glams. So hopefully that is it for January (subject to HHC and a surprise Tonic launch).
I've picked out 4 or 5 from PPU (Great Lakes, Polished for Days, Lemming, Lacquered U.P. and maybe Dreamland - I feel as though I have very similar to that one though). There are a few others I also like but not from "my" brands. I was trying to figure out how much shipping would be, so that's really helpful to know - if the Dreamland pushed it up a level like before I'd definitely skip it. Now waiting for swatches to decide one way or the other.
I haven't seen FTLOP yet - who's this month's maker? I just checked Instagram and still nothing there, guessing that's hiding in a group!
I'm undecided on Glams yet, waiting for swatches again! Bottle shots I'm starting with 7 interesting me but I'm usually able to cut massively once I see them properly.

Anitacska

Fair Maiden is the guest. Here's a screenshot from the group:

Screenshot_20201229-211935.png
Also, this is the New Year's duo:

Screenshot_20201229-212020.png
I've picked out 4 or 5 from PPU (Great Lakes, Polished for Days, Lemming, Lacquered U.P. and maybe Dreamland - I feel as though I have very similar to that one though). There are a few others I also like but not from "my" brands. I was trying to figure out how much shipping would be, so that's really helpful to know - if the Dreamland pushed it up a level like before I'd definitely skip it. Now waiting for swatches to decide one way or the other.
I haven't seen FTLOP yet - who's this month's maker? I just checked Instagram and still nothing there, guessing that's hiding in a group!
I'm undecided on Glams yet, waiting for swatches again! Bottle shots I'm starting with 7 interesting me but I'm usually able to cut massively once I see them properly.