Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

So I'm seeing lots more moaning on the Illyrian page about non-shipment - I'm still awaiting the two I bought ages ago as well. My BF orders have all shipped now, I then ordered a couple of Shleees on Friday but I was hoping to get everything before Xmas - not looking good. i did email this morning, no response yet. Nor did I get a response to my shipping query from Jenna. Oh well! Anyhow, this is my new mani, Polished for Days Sea Dragon (another decant from Anita, thanks again - I love it!):
DSC04548.JPG DSC04549.JPG DSC04551.JPG

Anitacska

So I'm seeing lots more moaning on the Illyrian page about non-shipment - I'm still awaiting the two I bought ages ago as well. My BF orders have all shipped now, I then ordered a couple of Shleees on Friday but I was hoping to get everything before Xmas - not looking good. i did email this morning, no response yet. Nor did I get a response to my shipping query from Jenna. Oh well! Anyhow, this is my new mani, Polished for Days Sea Dragon (another decant from Anita, thanks again - I love it!):
View attachment 68523 View attachment 68524 View attachment 68525

You're welcome. It's pretty. I haven't worn mine yet.

Sorry about the CS woes. A lot of people are moaning about Illyrian in the TT group (the replacement for AA) and filing Paypal claims.

I've now consolidated my Stackry packages, the website says it takes 2-3 days to complete, but hopefully I'll still receive my package before Christmas. My Girly Bits are on the way, but there's no tracking, so no idea when they'll get here. Glams are supposed to be on their way now too. The FF group buy won't be sent until January, hope it doesn't get caught up in the Brexit madness.

Speaking of post, apparently we'll be able to post 8 polishes per package, but nobody knows when or if it applies to individuals or just businesses. But it turns out that businesses have been able to send 8 in one package before and Annette of RC has been making money off people charging $8 for orders over 4 polishes and sending with RM like she did to me. Several people have said she's done this to them. I'm in two minds about e-mailing PPU about her, but I don't know if they'd care. Anyway, she's now said she will remove the $8 charge going forward. But whether I will receive any of my packages after publicly calling her out, who knows?

Anitacska

A few mani pictures as I have 5 minutes to myself. First up is Emily de Molly Vertical Control topped with Collection Razzle Dazzle (2013 untried) on the accents.

IMG_20201202_150522855.jpg

IMG_20201202_150602505.jpg

Next is Sally Hansen Bronze Ruby (2013 untried) with Glam Polish Inferno. This looked better in my head and under the bright indoor light when I was painting my nails than the next morning.

IMG_20201204_115304387.jpg

IMG_20201204_122032633.jpg

This is Cadillacquer Say My Name topped with Esmaltes de Kelly Rainbow on the accents. I actually liked this more than I thought. Also I recently watched Breaking Bad and really liked it (yes, I am 7 years late to the party, lol), so it was cool to pull out a BB inspired polish.

IMG_20201206_120623496.jpg

IMG_20201206_125910907.jpg

Finally, Tonic Polish Blue Without You. I hated this. It was actually one reason why I didn't order from Tonic. The formula was thin and runny, so it shrank on the tips, the colours were ugly, especially in the warm state. In the promo swatches the warm state was a much lighter beige colour, but it seems to vary for people, yet another one of her inconsistent batches. I can't remember how much it cost, but I'm guessing $15 as it has UP. All in all, a big fat no.

IMG_20201208_124638526.jpg

IMG_20201208_124655179.jpg

IMG_20201208_124744906.jpg

IMG_20201208_124801835.jpg

Anitacska

Some more manis. First up is Femme Fatale Golden Eve topped with A-England She Walks in Beauty (2013 untried) on the accents. I really liked this one.

IMG_20201210_130129138.jpg

IMG_20201210_130226176.jpg

IMG_20201210_130350481.jpg

Next is ILNP Mega (X) with Glam Polish Catch Me If You Can and stamped with Colour Alike Holy Night.

IMG_20201212_142222506.jpg

IMG_20201213_115008364.jpg

IMG_20201213_115016688.jpg

My current mani is Glam Polish Midsummer Night's Madness topped with Polished for Days Confetti on the accents. I also really like this one, especially the Glam. (It's less blue than my pictures show, it's more of a reddy purple with pink/red shimmer.)

IMG_20201214_114311300.jpg

IMG_20201214_114413149.jpg

IMG_20201214_114437742.jpg

Anitacska

So it appears that the 8 polish per package rule is only for businesses and not us plebs. Such a shame, I got all excited about not having to pay twice as much postage. Hohum.

PearlyQueen

Sorry about the CS woes. A lot of people are moaning about Illyrian in the TT group (the replacement for AA) and filing Paypal claims.

I've now consolidated my Stackry packages, the website says it takes 2-3 days to complete, but hopefully I'll still receive my package before Christmas. My Girly Bits are on the way, but there's no tracking, so no idea when they'll get here. Glams are supposed to be on their way now too. The FF group buy won't be sent until January, hope it doesn't get caught up in the Brexit madness.

Speaking of post, apparently we'll be able to post 8 polishes per package, but nobody knows when or if it applies to individuals or just businesses. But it turns out that businesses have been able to send 8 in one package before and Annette of RC has been making money off people charging $8 for orders over 4 polishes and sending with RM like she did to me. Several people have said she's done this to them. I'm in two minds about e-mailing PPU about her, but I don't know if they'd care. Anyway, she's now said she will remove the $8 charge going forward. But whether I will receive any of my packages after publicly calling her out, who knows?

Oh the Illyrian thing has proper gone weird. It became one of those everyone complaining on the website posts about non-shipment, and Amy didn't censor it for once. And the fans were being tolerant and telling everyone else to stop shopping if they couldn't put up with it. Some people were saying they had deliveries. Emails came out and then the deadlines she set herself passed without shipping. Eventually there was a FB post basically saying she has mental and physical health issues and she's never posted about them before and she's taken on too much. And that kind of shuts everyone up, except the supportive posts. Because what sort of horrible person would pile on someone who's essentially said she struggles with suicidal thoughts and depression? And time passes, she hasn't answered my last email, no idea if they've shipped or not as I don't know if she has my correct email address for that, nothing at Stackry yet. Amy has left the group again. And the shop won't open till the new year and she won't be doing any more preorders, just protos, 5 or 6 per release. And she won't be posting in the group again except about the releases. And then she said she would be sorting out the Paypal claims immediately. A few days later she came back on to say sorry about the delay on refunds and it would be anothe week.
Anyhow, hope you get your Stackry before Xmas, I have no clue when I'm going to be able to sort mine out, my Lollipop Posses are still in transit too so it becomes a questinn of what to do when I get those, do I consolidate without the 2 Illyrians? Won't get it by Xmas either way I guess. My Glams have arrived, and my Alchemy's are on the way, my Shleees turned up at home, also still waiting for the second order of those to make it to Stackry now I think about it. Etsy purchases are rubbish for tracking, so I can't figure out how close Alchemy and Shleee are to delivery.
Bit cheeky of RC that one, hope the change is permanenet!

PearlyQueen

A few mani pictures as I have 5 minutes to myself. First up is Emily de Molly Vertical Control topped with Collection Razzle Dazzle (2013 untried) on the accents.

View attachment 68539

View attachment 68540

Next is Sally Hansen Bronze Ruby (2013 untried) with Glam Polish Inferno. This looked better in my head and under the bright indoor light when I was painting my nails than the next morning.

View attachment 68541

View attachment 68542

This is Cadillacquer Say My Name topped with Esmaltes de Kelly Rainbow on the accents. I actually liked this more than I thought. Also I recently watched Breaking Bad and really liked it (yes, I am 7 years late to the party, lol), so it was cool to pull out a BB inspired polish.

View attachment 68543

View attachment 68544

Finally, Tonic Polish Blue Without You. I hated this. It was actually one reason why I didn't order from Tonic. The formula was thin and runny, so it shrank on the tips, the colours were ugly, especially in the warm state. In the promo swatches the warm state was a much lighter beige colour, but it seems to vary for people, yet another one of her inconsistent batches. I can't remember how much it cost, but I'm guessing $15 as it has UP. All in all, a big fat no.

View attachment 68545

View attachment 68546

View attachment 68547

View attachment 68548
I really like the first couple of manis there, the Tonic not so much!

PearlyQueen

Some more manis. First up is Femme Fatale Golden Eve topped with A-England She Walks in Beauty (2013 untried) on the accents. I really liked this one.

View attachment 68549

View attachment 68550

View attachment 68551

Next is ILNP Mega (X) with Glam Polish Catch Me If You Can and stamped with Colour Alike Holy Night.

View attachment 68552

View attachment 68553

View attachment 68554

My current mani is Glam Polish Midsummer Night's Madness topped with Polished for Days Confetti on the accents. I also really like this one, especially the Glam. (It's less blue than my pictures show, it's more of a reddy purple with pink/red shimmer.)

View attachment 68555

View attachment 68556

View attachment 68557
Oh I love these! The stamped one is so wintry and cute, and the PfD/Glam combo is just stunning.

boschicka

The nail polish community is rife with mental/physical health bs excuses. Of course I have empathy for people with real issues, but so many hide behind that stuff to avoid taking responsibility for their garbage behavior. Health issues don't mean you can steal people's money.

Anitacska

Oh the Illyrian thing has proper gone weird. It became one of those everyone complaining on the website posts about non-shipment, and Amy didn't censor it for once. And the fans were being tolerant and telling everyone else to stop shopping if they couldn't put up with it. Some people were saying they had deliveries. Emails came out and then the deadlines she set herself passed without shipping. Eventually there was a FB post basically saying she has mental and physical health issues and she's never posted about them before and she's taken on too much. And that kind of shuts everyone up, except the supportive posts. Because what sort of horrible person would pile on someone who's essentially said she struggles with suicidal thoughts and depression? And time passes, she hasn't answered my last email, no idea if they've shipped or not as I don't know if she has my correct email address for that, nothing at Stackry yet. Amy has left the group again. And the shop won't open till the new year and she won't be doing any more preorders, just protos, 5 or 6 per release. And she won't be posting in the group again except about the releases. And then she said she would be sorting out the Paypal claims immediately. A few days later she came back on to say sorry about the delay on refunds and it would be anothe week.
Anyhow, hope you get your Stackry before Xmas, I have no clue when I'm going to be able to sort mine out, my Lollipop Posses are still in transit too so it becomes a questinn of what to do when I get those, do I consolidate without the 2 Illyrians? Won't get it by Xmas either way I guess. My Glams have arrived, and my Alchemy's are on the way, my Shleees turned up at home, also still waiting for the second order of those to make it to Stackry now I think about it. Etsy purchases are rubbish for tracking, so I can't figure out how close Alchemy and Shleee are to delivery.
Bit cheeky of RC that one, hope the change is permanenet!

I saw the announcement, someone screenshot it in TT. I'm pretty sure she has mentioned mental health problems before, or maybe it was assumed that she was struggling? I mean, I get it, my daughter's mental health has been a very difficult thing to live with (for her and for me) over the last 10 years, but you cannot use that as an excuse for everything and for getting sympathy. Also why did she keep blaming her delays on everything else under the sun? If her mental health is such a big issue, then be honest and tell people. I bet more people would've been a lot more understanding. Of course that's assuming that this is all true, which the skeptical in me very much doubts.

I hope you get your polishes, it must be so frustrating. I have heard that Lollipop Posse doesn't have a very good track record for shipping TAT and communication either, but I don't know any specifics.

My Stackry package has now "shipped", but it hasn't actually been picked up by FedEx, I'm guessing due to the snowstorm. I paid for the express service as it was only $4 more. The tracking says it should be here on Monday, but of course who knows.

I also received my Glams, I'm quite happy with them. Do you like yours? I also got my Girly Bits BF order and I really like them. Here are my hauls:

IMG_20201216_132654638.jpg

IMG_20201217_154655600.jpg

I have now finished swatching my Girly Bits polishes. Once I've swatched these Glams, I will move onto my Lilypads.

PearlyQueen

The nail polish community is rife with mental/physical health bs excuses. Of course I have empathy for people with real issues, but so many hide behind that stuff to avoid taking responsibility for their garbage behavior. Health issues don't mean you can steal people's money.
I've noticed that, had this issue before and it's always a nightmare as you see the posts online calling you cruel and heartless when all you've done is ask a question. I do totally agree, don't take money if you can't deliver. No-one forced her to open (chance of forcing her to do anything is slim!). I now feel I can't email again, it's just a pain, but as all the fangirls say, that sounds like I'm putting a bottle of nail polish above someone's life...

PearlyQueen

I saw the announcement, someone screenshot it in TT. I'm pretty sure she has mentioned mental health problems before, or maybe it was assumed that she was struggling? I mean, I get it, my daughter's mental health has been a very difficult thing to live with (for her and for me) over the last 10 years, but you cannot use that as an excuse for everything and for getting sympathy. Also why did she keep blaming her delays on everything else under the sun? If her mental health is such a big issue, then be honest and tell people. I bet more people would've been a lot more understanding. Of course that's assuming that this is all true, which the skeptical in me very much doubts.

I hope you get your polishes, it must be so frustrating. I have heard that Lollipop Posse doesn't have a very good track record for shipping TAT and communication either, but I don't know any specifics.

My Stackry package has now "shipped", but it hasn't actually been picked up by FedEx, I'm guessing due to the snowstorm. I paid for the express service as it was only $4 more. The tracking says it should be here on Monday, but of course who knows.

I also received my Glams, I'm quite happy with them. Do you like yours? I also got my Girly Bits BF order and I really like them. Here are my hauls:

View attachment 68561

View attachment 68562

I have now finished swatching my Girly Bits polishes. Once I've swatched these Glams, I will move onto my Lilypads.
Yes, I've always assumed it was mh but I've never seen her say it. And to be honest, the lies are much more annoying than the delays - if she'd been honest years ago I'd at least be able to decide if it was worth the gamble in full knowledge. And it does leave you wondering if she's making this up too but I guess since it's been my assumption for a while I do believe her.
Lollipop Posse met their TAT and there's movement on the package, it's USPS causing the delays with that one.
Hope you get your Stackry box as promised, FedEx are pretty reliable, I reckon you will!
Nice hauls, the Girly Bits are really pretty and I'm now regretting skipping the red Glam, it may be on my list... Lots of lovely polishes there, enjoy!

Anitacska

Yes, I've always assumed it was mh but I've never seen her say it. And to be honest, the lies are much more annoying than the delays - if she'd been honest years ago I'd at least be able to decide if it was worth the gamble in full knowledge. And it does leave you wondering if she's making this up too but I guess since it's been my assumption for a while I do believe her.
Lollipop Posse met their TAT and there's movement on the package, it's USPS causing the delays with that one.
Hope you get your Stackry box as promised, FedEx are pretty reliable, I reckon you will!
Nice hauls, the Girly Bits are really pretty and I'm now regretting skipping the red Glam, it may be on my list... Lots of lovely polishes there, enjoy!

FedEx did pick up the package on Thursday, the tracking has now been updated. So yay!

Glad to hear your Lollipops are moving too.

You can of course add the red Glam to your swap list. I swatched them last night and I'm really happy with them. And the Girly Bits are really nice too. I now have the full set of the misheard lyrics collection, except for the flakie topper which I didn't want, they're so vibrant!

Anitacska

I have a few minutes (assuming nobody comes looking for me), so here are my latest manis. All 3 are thermals, but I wasn't really happy with either of them. I think I might be over thermals now. My nails are just not long enough to properly show the transition and I'm inside most of the time, so hardly see the cold colours which are usually the prettier ones. Also all 3 of these polishes started shrinking really badly, especially on my middle finger. No idea why.

First is Femme Fatale Adventurers Beware over Cynthia Rowley Pale apricot creme. Actually this is a very unique polish, and it looked quite cool.

IMG_20201216_132230019.jpg

IMG_20201216_132256988.jpg

IMG_20201216_132331006.jpg

IMG_20201216_132411315.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale La Llarona topped with Indigo Bananas Event Horizon on the accents. The FF is a very subtle thermal, so hard to see when it changes, but it was basically darker and more purple when cold.

IMG_20201218_113949069.jpg

IMG_20201218_114018561.jpg

IMG_20201218_114123168.jpg

My current mani is Different Dimension First Rule of Magic. I'm pretty sure I know why this one shrank, it is so full of flakies, I think it was just too thick to apply. The colours are quite nice, but I do prefer the cold state, which of course I don't see much of inside my warm house.

IMG_20201220_104050249.jpg

IMG_20201220_122633468.jpg

IMG_20201220_104209636.jpg

Anitacska

My Stackry package is supposed to be delivered today, but it's been sitting in France since Saturday and the tracking hasn't been updated. With the situation with France closing the borders, I'm not sure what's happening. Although they are allowing trucks into the UK, I wonder if FedEx doesn't want their drivers to be stuck in the wrong country over Christmas? It could still come today, I guess, even if the tracking hasnt been updated, but they normally send a text in the morning to say it'll be delivered and I haven't got one. Ugh.

PearlyQueen

I have a few minutes (assuming nobody comes looking for me), so here are my latest manis. All 3 are thermals, but I wasn't really happy with either of them. I think I might be over thermals now. My nails are just not long enough to properly show the transition and I'm inside most of the time, so hardly see the cold colours which are usually the prettier ones. Also all 3 of these polishes started shrinking really badly, especially on my middle finger. No idea why.

First is Femme Fatale Adventurers Beware over Cynthia Rowley Pale apricot creme. Actually this is a very unique polish, and it looked quite cool.

View attachment 68565

View attachment 68566

View attachment 68567

View attachment 68568

Next is Femme Fatale La Llarona topped with Indigo Bananas Event Horizon on the accents. The FF is a very subtle thermal, so hard to see when it changes, but it was basically darker and more purple when cold.

View attachment 68569

View attachment 68570

View attachment 68571

My current mani is Different Dimension First Rule of Magic. I'm pretty sure I know why this one shrank, it is so full of flakies, I think it was just too thick to apply. The colours are quite nice, but I do prefer the cold state, which of course I don't see much of inside my warm house.

View attachment 68572

View attachment 68573

View attachment 68574
These are nice, I'm not big on thermals but have a few. I have a medical thing that means my nails heat up and stay cold in patches, looks a bit weird... I kind of like the first FF one in both states, and I only buy ones where I do like both, and will like the middle state which is where it will end up!

Latest posts