Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Mani pics! This week I'm wearing Hits Borealis over No 7 Burnt Sugar:
DSC08089.JPG DSC08092.JPG DSC08093.JPG DSC08095.JPG DSC08096.JPG DSC08097.JPG
I really like this, more than I expected. Bit gutted though - the Hits has started to evaporate big time, never used it but there's only half a bottle of it :(
Burnt Sugar is a quite nice goldy shade with a hint of sparkle, The topper livened it up a lot to WOW! It's really sparkly and I love the combo. The No 7 is ancient, and took a bit of drying. I wore it several times in my pre-indie days.

Anitacska

I'm sure he's lovely! And I know you love Europe so that's exciting!
It's a good price for the FFs, if you love them would be a shame to miss out :(
This time I got Every Rose Has Its Thorn, The Girl of My Dreams and Wouldn't It Be Nice.
I like Wouldn't It Be Nice. It was one I would've ordered if I could afford it.

Anitacska

Mani pics! This week I'm wearing Hits Borealis over No 7 Burnt Sugar:
View attachment 70269 View attachment 70270 View attachment 70271 View attachment 70272 View attachment 70273 View attachment 70274
I really like this, more than I expected. Bit gutted though - the Hits has started to evaporate big time, never used it but there's only half a bottle of it :(
Burnt Sugar is a quite nice goldy shade with a hint of sparkle, The topper livened it up a lot to WOW! It's really sparkly and I love the combo. The No 7 is ancient, and took a bit of drying. I wore it several times in my pre-indie days.
Very nice! Isn't the Hits a dupe for EP Hello New York?

Anitacska

Here are some more mani pictures. First is Sally Hansen Golden Tourmaline (2013 untried). I really love this shade, so pretty!

IMG_20220107_112423932.jpg

Next is Illyrian Polish Cloud Nine. It was okay, a bit bland.

IMG_20220109_123817968.jpg

IMG_20220109_123838479.jpg

This is Colors by Llarowe Thriller topped with 17 Bluetone (2013 untried) on the accents. I liked this a lot.

IMG_20220111_135015785.jpg

IMG_20220111_135218296.jpg

Finally, this is Tonic Polish Lula. So pretty.

IMG_20220113_130522849.jpg

IMG_20220113_130532501.jpg

PearlyQueen

Here are some more mani pictures. First is Sally Hansen Golden Tourmaline (2013 untried). I really love this shade, so pretty!

View attachment 70275

Next is Illyrian Polish Cloud Nine. It was okay, a bit bland.

View attachment 70276

View attachment 70277

This is Colors by Llarowe Thriller topped with 17 Bluetone (2013 untried) on the accents. I liked this a lot.

View attachment 70278

View attachment 70279

Finally, this is Tonic Polish Lula. So pretty.

View attachment 70280

View attachment 70281
These are lovely, especially the Tonic (I think I have that), Thriller (I'm sure I have this) and the Sally Hansen (I definitely don't have this!).

Anitacska

Thanks!
I think they are dupes, I only bought one of the EPs - Ola Rio - but all four of the Hits ones. I hated the EP one when I wore it (finally sold it last week) but I'm loving the Hits ones, weird!
Why did you hate the EP? I have all 4 from both brands and I don't think the EPs are worse than the Hits ones.

lisajohnson0904

Hello girls! This discussion seems so interesting to me, I am interested in which brand of nail polish you are most satisfied with, I have a few in mind to list ... but I want to hear your opinion and suggestions?

Anitacska

Hello girls! This discussion seems so interesting to me, I am interested in which brand of nail polish you are most satisfied with, I have a few in mind to list ... but I want to hear your opinion and suggestions?
Hi! I love Femme Fatale, Glam Polish, Emily de Molly, Polished for Days, Girly Bits, Different Dimension, Tonic Polish, Enchanted Polish, Cupcake Polish, KBShimmer, Darling Diva, Pahlish, ILNP, Fair Maiden, etc. Also Zoya and Color Club are the 2 non-indies I still buy.

Lisa, you must try Cirque Colors, amazing colors, it's all I wear, lasts me two weeks without any chipping, I can't say enough good things about this brand, all polishes are hand made.

lisajohnson0904

Hi! I love Femme Fatale, Glam Polish, Emily de Molly, Polished for Days, Girly Bits, Different Dimension, Tonic Polish, Enchanted Polish, Cupcake Polish, KBShimmer, Darling Diva, Pahlish, ILNP, Fair Maiden, etc. Also Zoya and Color Club are the 2 non-indies I still buy.
Thank you so much for the suggestions, some of them seem familiar to me, the others I have to try. I'm about to start doing my nails at home, so I have to choose precisely which brand of nail polish is the best. :*

Anitacska

The only "best" nail polish brand is the ones that works best for your nails. There is no universal "best" brand out there.

The brands that work well for me are OPI's High Shine range and Zoya.

Totally agree with this. Literally no nail polish lasts on my nails for more than 2-3 days. That doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with any of these polishes. (Incidentally Cirque doesn't last on me either, but again, it's my nails, they're weak and bendy.) The brands I suggested are my favourites based on their colours, formula, makers, customer service, etc.

PearlyQueen

Why did you hate the EP? I have all 4 from both brands and I don't think the EPs are worse than the Hits ones.
I bought one (Ola Rio) to try them, wore it immediately as I wanted to get the others while available and I just didn't rate it at all and skipped the rest.
I have been loving the Hits ones though, maybe it's just my changing taste!

PearlyQueen

Hello and welcome!
My personal current favourite brands are Nailed It!, Wildflower Lacquer, Polished for Days, Lemming Lacquer and Garden Path Lacquers.
I've quit buying non-indies as I have way too much polish and I can't resist buying more from my favourites.

PearlyQueen

The only "best" nail polish brand is the ones that works best for your nails. There is no universal "best" brand out there.

The brands that work well for me are OPI's High Shine range and Zoya.
This is so true, I have found OPI don't work for me at all, nor Color Club, but I know others find them brilliant. Conversely, I've read lots of bad reviews of Nails Inc, which I find long lasting, it's all about the chemistry! (My Nails Incs are old ones, I don't like their later stuff at all.)

PearlyQueen

Anyone buying from Polish Pickup?
I've had a poke through the site and I think I'll get Nailed It!, Garden Path and maybe Lemming.
I'm going to order from the US site to Stackry as I want to get some of the new Ethereals and I forgot to go to RC when they launched, and they're all sold out, so starting a new box. Hopefully be a few other things to pick up before consolidation.
lisajohnson0904 lisajohnson0904 - if you want to try a variety of indies, one of each brand, you might be interested in polishpickup.com - the launch is on Friday!

Latest posts