Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Yes, Snow Cone is the last one, I love it so much! Your new polishes are SO pretty! I like the sparkles, really cute, I like the last attachment the most.
Yes, Snow Cone is the last one, I love it so much! Your new polishes are SO pretty! I like the sparkles, really cute, I like the last attachment the most.
That lavender polish on your last attachment would be so cute with my dress

Anitacska

I received last month's PPU purchase the other day. I like it, it's pretty unique.

IMG_20220314_104228261.jpg

I only just got around to taking pictures, I've been really busy as the ex got Covid and Max has been here all week. Luckily the children didn't catch it from him, even though they were with him the weekend before last and he tested positive last Monday. Phew! He's not been too ill, it's mostly been like a bad cold/flu, but obviously he can't have Max and has to self isolate. He's feeling much better now and I'm hoping that he'll test negative tomorrow as Max has his physio and I really could do without spending best part of 2 hours taking him there. Also my eldest hasn't been able to help much around the house as he had a (planned) operation 4 weeks ago and is still recovering (all good though), so that also adds to my workload.

I decided to only buy the Femme Fatale from HHC (directly from them), I just can't really afford anything else, especially not through Stackry. I'm still paying off some purchases from months ago and EDF just informed me that I'm going to pay over a £100 more per month for gas and electricity due to the price increases. Plus I've had to pay for the car insurance last month and I've got the house insurance coming up next month. My youngest needed new glasses, the animals need their 3-monthly worm and flea treatments, etc. Ugh, when did everything get so expensive???

So no new polishes for me for the time being, maybe some from PPU/Femme Fatale/Glam, but nothing involving Stackry as that just gets so expensive in the end. I'll need to look for a job in the summer, my youngest is turning 16 and hopefully going to College in September, so I need to find something. Maybe then I'll be able to afford to spend a bit more on polishes. But honestly, I'm not even that keen on most new releases nowadays, it's all reflective glitter or just samey samey.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.

PearlyQueen

I received last month's PPU purchase the other day. I like it, it's pretty unique.

View attachment 70323

I only just got around to taking pictures, I've been really busy as the ex got Covid and Max has been here all week. Luckily the children didn't catch it from him, even though they were with him the weekend before last and he tested positive last Monday. Phew! He's not been too ill, it's mostly been like a bad cold/flu, but obviously he can't have Max and has to self isolate. He's feeling much better now and I'm hoping that he'll test negative tomorrow as Max has his physio and I really could do without spending best part of 2 hours taking him there. Also my eldest hasn't been able to help much around the house as he had a (planned) operation 4 weeks ago and is still recovering (all good though), so that also adds to my workload.

I decided to only buy the Femme Fatale from HHC (directly from them), I just can't really afford anything else, especially not through Stackry. I'm still paying off some purchases from months ago and EDF just informed me that I'm going to pay over a £100 more per month for gas and electricity due to the price increases. Plus I've had to pay for the car insurance last month and I've got the house insurance coming up next month. My youngest needed new glasses, the animals need their 3-monthly worm and flea treatments, etc. Ugh, when did everything get so expensive???

So no new polishes for me for the time being, maybe some from PPU/Femme Fatale/Glam, but nothing involving Stackry as that just gets so expensive in the end. I'll need to look for a job in the summer, my youngest is turning 16 and hopefully going to College in September, so I need to find something. Maybe then I'll be able to afford to spend a bit more on polishes. But honestly, I'm not even that keen on most new releases nowadays, it's all reflective glitter or just samey samey.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.
Oh, sounds awful, hope everyone's better now. xxx
Nice delivery!
I've been spending unfortunately, I got 3 from PPU, 2 from HHC, 2 from Polished Gamers, 9 from Great Lakes, some new Nailed It!s and Ethereals from RC, 4 Paint It Pretty, waiting for LBOH to open shortly with 3 in basket... My Stackry box will be well stocked when they all arrive...
I'm probably going to skip Sparkle & Shine.
This can't continue though, as you say EVERYTHING is going up except my wages :(

PearlyQueen

I also need to post some manis, here we go!
bubblegum 1.JPG bubblegum 2.JPG bubblegum 3.JPG
First up is Illyrian Bubblegum, I wore this topper over Nails Inc Kabaret, a shiny navy polish.

Next is Illyrian Dreamstar, I used this over my PfD Snow Blurring Base Coat:
dream star 1.JPG dream star 2.JPG dream star 3.JPG

Next is Essence of Nostalgia from Chaos & Crocodiles:
essence of nostalgia 1.JPG essence of nostalgia 2.JPG essence of nostalgia 3.JPG
This is a really pretty shade, with tiny red glitters and holo.

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

A couple more!
Nails Inc Holland Park:
holland park 1.JPG holland park 2.JPG
I wasn't a big fan of this one.

And I've saved the best for last, Paint It Pretty With A Cherry On Top:
with a cherry o top 2.JPG with a cherry on top 1.JPG with a cherry on top 3.JPG
I absolutely loved this, pictures are not capturing how stunning it was.

I need to change again, maybe later, I've had the C&C on, a bit chipped and with tipwear, for days, but work got in the way and I've so far failed to find time to change it.

A couple more!
Nails Inc Holland Park:
View attachment 70336 View attachment 70337

View attachment 70338 View attachment 70339 View attachment 70340

I need to change again, maybe later, I've had the C&C on, a bit chipped and with tipwear, for days, but work got in the way and I've so far failed to find time to change it.
Love all your pics, especially the purple,your nails are so pretty!

Anitacska

I also need to post some manis, here we go!
View attachment 70326 View attachment 70327 View attachment 70328
First up is Illyrian Bubblegum, I wore this topper over Nails Inc Kabaret, a shiny navy polish.

Next is Illyrian Dreamstar, I used this over my PfD Snow Blurring Base Coat:
View attachment 70329 View attachment 70330 View attachment 70331

Next is Essence of Nostalgia from Chaos & Crocodiles:
View attachment 70332 View attachment 70334 View attachment 70335
This is a really pretty shade, with tiny red glitters and holo.

These are all really nice. I have Bubblegum, but not Dreamstar.

Anitacska

A couple more!
Nails Inc Holland Park:
View attachment 70336 View attachment 70337

View attachment 70338 View attachment 70339 View attachment 70340

The red one is really pretty.

I know what you mean, several times I've gone with naked nails because I fell asleep in front of the telly after taking my polish off and couldn't be bothered to paint them when I woke up.

Still I have a ton of mani pictures I haven't posted. Just don't seem to find the time.

Anitacska

Oh, sounds awful, hope everyone's better now. xxx
Nice delivery!
I've been spending unfortunately, I got 3 from PPU, 2 from HHC, 2 from Polished Gamers, 9 from Great Lakes, some new Nailed It!s and Ethereals from RC, 4 Paint It Pretty, waiting for LBOH to open shortly with 3 in basket... My Stackry box will be well stocked when they all arrive...
I'm probably going to skip Sparkle & Shine.
This can't continue though, as you say EVERYTHING is going up except my wages :(

Thank you! The ex was positive for 12 days and not feeling well for most of it, so Max was here all the time. I got so bored of the park by the end! Finally he was able to have him on Saturday.

My eldest is recovering very well, starting to be able to help out a bit too.

Wow, you have been spending! What did you get from HHC? There were a couple I liked, but couldn't be bothered to send to Stackry and the UK group buy is still way behind.

Anitacska

Do you like the new Glams? I don't think I'll bother ordering. I've already forgotten which ones I liked from the past 2 launches, so clearly I didn't want them that much.

I like some of the new PfDs, but not ordering right now. I've not really looked at PPU, but there might be a few I'll want.

PearlyQueen

Thank you! The ex was positive for 12 days and not feeling well for most of it, so Max was here all the time. I got so bored of the park by the end! Finally he was able to have him on Saturday.

My eldest is recovering very well, starting to be able to help out a bit too.

Wow, you have been spending! What did you get from HHC? There were a couple I liked, but couldn't be bothered to send to Stackry and the UK group buy is still way behind.
Glad to hear there are signs of recovery!
HHC I got the Great Lakes and the Phoenix. Looking forward to both, I love a good red and the Phoenix looks stunning. I'm also ridiculously over-excited to get the order for their new collection I bought from RC, but it's a pre-order so I won't be seeing those for a while.

PearlyQueen

Do you like the new Glams? I don't think I'll bother ordering. I've already forgotten which ones I liked from the past 2 launches, so clearly I didn't want them that much.

I like some of the new PfDs, but not ordering right now. I've not really looked at PPU, but there might be a few I'll want.
I'm not a fan of the new Glams, one of the trio is quite pretty but would only order it if I had an open order already. I did love the red one from last collection, I will no doubt be getting it at some point, but probably not this time around as there's little of interest other than that and hopefully it will come back next month again. I can't buy everything, though I've given it a good try this month...
My Stackry will have about 27 polishes in it if they all arrive in time and I don't add to it, so worth the extra costs in shipping. I hate a sub-20 box from them, the huge cost always feels too much.
I love the new PfDs but I'm sticking with my "Black Friday only" policy with them, so I'll get them later with anything else that comes out this year.
I've already seen the Nailed It and Wildflowers from PPU and I'll be getting both, don't know if they'll have any company yet! And of course FTLOP is still a mystery at this point, I don't often get it though.

PearlyQueen

The red one is really pretty.

I know what you mean, several times I've gone with naked nails because I fell asleep in front of the telly after taking my polish off and couldn't be bothered to paint them when I woke up.

Still I have a ton of mani pictures I haven't posted. Just don't seem to find the time.
Oh, look forward to seeing what you've been wearing when you get round to it! I embarrassed myself with my admission to chipped nails last post, so I did get round to changing them that night, but I have yet to find time to sort the pics.

Anitacska

Here's my current mani, Sally Hansen Blush Diamond (2013 untried) topped with Esmaltes da Kelly Black Widow on the accents.

IMG_20220328_134317387.jpg

IMG_20220328_134353082.jpg

Unfortunately about a week ago I tore into the side of my nail on my ring finger on my right hand and it's just not healing, so I've been sporting a plaster (and a week old polish on that finger). It's really painful, it looks gross and I'm pretty sure it's infected. I tried to get a GP appointment yesterday, but could only get one for tomorrow. I hope it can be easily sorted.

Anitacska

I'm not a fan of the new Glams, one of the trio is quite pretty but would only order it if I had an open order already. I did love the red one from last collection, I will no doubt be getting it at some point, but probably not this time around as there's little of interest other than that and hopefully it will come back next month again. I can't buy everything, though I've given it a good try this month...
My Stackry will have about 27 polishes in it if they all arrive in time and I don't add to it, so worth the extra costs in shipping. I hate a sub-20 box from them, the huge cost always feels too much.
I love the new PfDs but I'm sticking with my "Black Friday only" policy with them, so I'll get them later with anything else that comes out this year.
I've already seen the Nailed It and Wildflowers from PPU and I'll be getting both, don't know if they'll have any company yet! And of course FTLOP is still a mystery at this point, I don't often get it though.
I didn't order from Glam either. I like the KBShimmer and the Great Lakes the most from PPU, I might get a couple of others, but not sure yet. I saw the FTLOP box today, I'm passing on it again.

So my Stackry box remains empty for now.

PearlyQueen

Here's my current mani, Sally Hansen Blush Diamond (2013 untried) topped with Esmaltes da Kelly Black Widow on the accents.

View attachment 70351

View attachment 70352

Unfortunately about a week ago I tore into the side of my nail on my ring finger on my right hand and it's just not healing, so I've been sporting a plaster (and a week old polish on that finger). It's really painful, it looks gross and I'm pretty sure it's infected. I tried to get a GP appointment yesterday, but could only get one for tomorrow. I hope it can be easily sorted.
This is pretty, but that sounds awful, hope it gets better soon xxx

Latest posts