Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I've decided I'm not buying from Glam this month. The lilac holo is beautiful, but I'm sure I've got something similar, and with the costs of starting College and work, I really can't justify it. I won't get paid for ages yet, but I'll have to pay for petrol and parking, plus I need some work clothes and shoes, and need to buy season ticket for my son when he starts College.

Plus have you seen how much gas and electricity prices will go up (again)??? It really scares me, I'm already paying so much, now they're saying it will double??? Who can afford that? Ugh.

PearlyQueen

PearlyQueen

I've decided I'm not buying from Glam this month. The lilac holo is beautiful, but I'm sure I've got something similar, and with the costs of starting College and work, I really can't justify it. I won't get paid for ages yet, but I'll have to pay for petrol and parking, plus I need some work clothes and shoes, and need to buy season ticket for my son when he starts College.

Plus have you seen how much gas and electricity prices will go up (again)??? It really scares me, I'm already paying so much, now they're saying it will double??? Who can afford that? Ugh.
I won't be buying from them either, I kind of like the blue flakie as I see more of it, but maybe it will be discounted on Black Friday and I'll get it then. We'll see.
Just saw the FTLOP bottle shots and I'm not getting it - I like the Pahlish, but I swear I own a dozen others that look like it!
And I totally feel you with the financials, it's expensive getting set up and working without pay for a month - and son's college costs on top is tough.
And the energy price thing is just scary. Just a few months ago I was paying £66 a month, it's now £116 and will top £200 by the looks of things with the new announcement - and god knows where it's going next time, the numbers are just stupid scary. Even with two jobs it's not going to be an easy increase to swallow. It's pretty much swallowing every penny I'm earning so I don't know whether this hobby will survive :( - but at least my nails will never be naked!
I was hoping that cutting down to just Nailed It, Wildflower, Phoenix and PPU (and not all of any of those every month) would be doable, but it looks like I have to cut further than that, unless something changes.

Anitacska

I won't be buying from them either, I kind of like the blue flakie as I see more of it, but maybe it will be discounted on Black Friday and I'll get it then. We'll see.
Just saw the FTLOP bottle shots and I'm not getting it - I like the Pahlish, but I swear I own a dozen others that look like it!
And I totally feel you with the financials, it's expensive getting set up and working without pay for a month - and son's college costs on top is tough.
And the energy price thing is just scary. Just a few months ago I was paying £66 a month, it's now £116 and will top £200 by the looks of things with the new announcement - and god knows where it's going next time, the numbers are just stupid scary. Even with two jobs it's not going to be an easy increase to swallow. It's pretty much swallowing every penny I'm earning so I don't know whether this hobby will survive :( - but at least my nails will never be naked!
I was hoping that cutting down to just Nailed It, Wildflower, Phoenix and PPU (and not all of any of those every month) would be doable, but it looks like I have to cut further than that, unless something changes.
Mine has gone from £159 to £305! It's a big house and there are 4 of us, but still. I also pay £255 for council tax and nearly £300 for pet insurance. Crazy!

I like the PfD from the FTLOP box, the Pahlish is okay, but the green is meh and I don't like Cuticula anyway.

Like you (and even more so), I have enough polish to last me several lifetimes, so I'll be okay. I'm more interested in buying fragrances right now, I'm planning on buying a fairly expensive one once I get paid as a reward.

PearlyQueen

So how are we all feeling about PPU this month? I'm indecisive! I do still like Nailed It and Wildflower, found an unexpected itch to buy Vanessa Molina, am really loving the Lilypad (of course I do, it's a red flakie!) and keep circling back to KB Shimmer because it's so pretty. Others that have been on and off the wishlist are PfD and Phoenix, but I'll probably skip both of those (today!). There are lots of others that are nice too but definitely haven't made the cut, and some unexpected "no thanks", including Paint It Pretty, Dreamland and Night Owl. I am convinced the PIP looks exactly like a Fancy Gloss I got a few months ago, that's why I'm holding firm on that one.

Anitacska

I'm not sure what I want from PPU. The EdM is a definite, but otherwise haven't decided. I liked the Girly Bits at first, but it's less impressive in some pictures. The Kathleen & co and By Vanessa Molina are nice, but I'm beginning to find magnetics a bit annoying. They take way too long and I definitely won't have much time for tricky polishes in the future. I like the Rogue, but I must have something similar. The Sassy Sauce is nice, but not sure how sheer it is. KBShimmer... nice, but is it really that unique? Really don't like the PfD this month. I like the Nailed It and Wildflower, if you buy one or both, I'd probably like to swap for those.

PearlyQueen

I'm not sure what I want from PPU. The EdM is a definite, but otherwise haven't decided. I liked the Girly Bits at first, but it's less impressive in some pictures. The Kathleen & co and By Vanessa Molina are nice, but I'm beginning to find magnetics a bit annoying. They take way too long and I definitely won't have much time for tricky polishes in the future. I like the Rogue, but I must have something similar. The Sassy Sauce is nice, but not sure how sheer it is. KBShimmer... nice, but is it really that unique? Really don't like the PfD this month. I like the Nailed It and Wildflower, if you buy one or both, I'd probably like to swap for those.
The Sassy Sauce was on my list initially but I saw more swatches and it was very sheer. Happy to swap for those two assuming I get them, which is likely.

PearlyQueen

Aaand I have manis to share!
First Illyrian Dream Queen:
dream queen 1.JPG dream queen 2.JPG dream queen 3.JPG
it's leviosa 5.JPG
Next, Glam Polish It's LeviOsa, Not LeviosA:
it's leviosa 6.JPG
it's leviosa 7.JPG

And my current mani is Rimmel Pompous (a mid purple) topped with Nails Inc Paulton's Square:
paulton's square 1.JPG paulton's square 2.JPG paulton's square 3.JPG
I haven't really captured the shifts in this combo, there is a definite pink on my nails. I wasn't sure how this would turn out, PS was a confusing polish that I expected to be full coverage when I bought it, but I am fairly pleased.

Anitacska

Aaand I have manis to share!
First Illyrian Dream Queen:
View attachment 70710 View attachment 70711 View attachment 70712
View attachment 70713
Next, Glam Polish It's LeviOsa, Not LeviosA:
View attachment 70714
View attachment 70715

And my current mani is Rimmel Pompous (a mid purple) topped with Nails Inc Paulton's Square:
View attachment 70716 View attachment 70717 View attachment 70718
I haven't really captured the shifts in this combo, there is a definite pink on my nails. I wasn't sure how this would turn out, PS was a confusing polish that I expected to be full coverage when I bought it, but I am fairly pleased.
The Illyrian is really pretty, I need to check if I have it.

Anitacska

Quick life update: both my children did well in their GCSEs, they're now both enrolled in College (different ones). My middle one of course had to throw a curveball to make things interesting, but it's all sorted now. But they're going to Madrid alone for 2 nights in Sunday, so I'm horribly stressed about that. They're really looking forward to it, I'm not. They only just turned 18 and I'm really anxious, both about making sure everything is in order and about their safety while there. Plus they're prone to losing things, so really stressed about all the "what ifs". Trying not to stress, but you know how it is.

Latest posts