Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Yay, I survived the first week of work! But I'm absolutely knackered.

Just saw the email from Glam with the Halloween collection, I honestly only want one, but even that I'm not sure about. It's the purple one called Whatever You Do, Don't Fall Asleep!

I have ordered the perfume I wanted as a reward for surviving the first week, I'll only pay for it once I've got paid anyway due to the credit card billing cycle. Otherwise I need to use my salary to pay off debts and save up for Black Friday and fir the future. So far I like the job, so quite happy, but will be happier after a big sleep.
Well done! Try to have a restful weekend! I'm so glad you like the job.
We picked the same Glam, no surprise there! Not sure if I'll buy either. I kind of want some of the new Nailed Its and maybe one or two Wildflowers. Will wait for more swatches before deciding. And I found another picture of my Paulton's Square mani that actually shows the pink:
paulton's square 4.JPG

Anitacska

We picked the same Glam, no surprise there! Not sure if I'll buy either. I kind of want some of the new Nailed Its and maybe one or two Wildflowers. Will wait for more swatches before deciding. And I found another picture of my Paulton's Square mani that actually shows the pink:
View attachment 70730
Thanks! I've now had two good night's sleeps, so feeling much better. Been catching up with housework, mostly the washing, but also taking it easy. Going to the cinema with my middle one this evening to watch Nope. My other two saw it with their dad the day before the middle one went to Spain, so we couldn't go. Apparently it's very good.

I actually bought a couple of Glams on Friday. Wanted to see if the Holo-maniacs custom was still avaialable, and it was, so got that and also the purple one from the Mary Poppins trio.

I was going to order from HHC, but the one I wanted the most (Girly Bits) was delayed due to bottle shortage or something, so ended up not bothering. I will definitely get that one when it's available.

Not really sure why I'm still buying polishes since I've only painted my nails 5 times this month, so really not going through my untrieds fast. I used to wear 25-30 polishes a month, now it's 15 if I'm lucky.

I received my PPU order the other day, will post pictures in a bit. They took ages to arrive, I thought she might have taken her revenge, especially as someone was complaining about her in the Toluene Trashcan group and I also spoke up. She's in the group, so must have seen it. Oops.

Anitacska

View attachment 70730
Oh I forgot to say I also have this polish and really like it.

PearlyQueen

Thanks! I've now had two good night's sleeps, so feeling much better. Been catching up with housework, mostly the washing, but also taking it easy. Going to the cinema with my middle one this evening to watch Nope. My other two saw it with their dad the day before the middle one went to Spain, so we couldn't go. Apparently it's very good.

I actually bought a couple of Glams on Friday. Wanted to see if the Holo-maniacs custom was still avaialable, and it was, so got that and also the purple one from the Mary Poppins trio.

I was going to order from HHC, but the one I wanted the most (Girly Bits) was delayed due to bottle shortage or something, so ended up not bothering. I will definitely get that one when it's available.

Not really sure why I'm still buying polishes since I've only painted my nails 5 times this month, so really not going through my untrieds fast. I used to wear 25-30 polishes a month, now it's 15 if I'm lucky.

I received my PPU order the other day, will post pictures in a bit. They took ages to arrive, I thought she might have taken her revenge, especially as someone was complaining about her in the Toluene Trashcan group and I also spoke up. She's in the group, so must have seen it. Oops.
Glad you're feeling less knackered! Nice Glam choices! I wanted the HHC Nailed It but I've not ordered as it's just one polish.
You still wear more than me...
It wasn't just you, my PPUs only just came too.

Anitacska

Here are my latest manis. First is Cadillacquer Breathe Me. It was okay, but not amazing.

IMG_20220909_102951863.jpg

IMG_20220909_103009706.jpg

Next is Emily de Molly Restless. I only managed to take pictures while out on my lunch break, so they're not great. Here's one anyway.

img_20220915_132409442.jpg

My current mani is Femme Fatale Poisoned Apple. This is one of my oldest Femme Fatales, from around 2014-15. Actually, the EdM is similarly old too, it was among my first few polishes from her.

IMG_20220918_132651582.jpg

IMG_20220918_132705613.jpg

IMG_20220918_132711714.jpg

I also wore Tonic Polish North Star, but didn't get around to taking pictures.

PearlyQueen

Here are my latest manis. First is Cadillacquer Breathe Me. It was okay, but not amazing.

View attachment 70733

View attachment 70734

Next is Emily de Molly Restless. I only managed to take pictures while out on my lunch break, so they're not great. Here's one anyway.

View attachment 70735

My current mani is Femme Fatale Poisoned Apple. This is one of my oldest Femme Fatales, from around 2014-15. Actually, the EdM is similarly old too, it was among my first few polishes from her.

View attachment 70736

View attachment 70737

View attachment 70738

I also wore Tonic Polish North Star, but didn't get around to taking pictures.
Love the EdM and FF! Shame no pics of North Star - did you love it?

PearlyQueen

Just ordered from Glam, got 2 of the Halloween shades: Whatever You Do and All Work And No Play. Have you ordered, Anne?
Oh, you ordered WYD, I'm definitely adding that to the list! I did think about buying it, but I already decided not to, I've overspent as ever, and I've just consolidated Stackry, which is going to be even more expensive since our amazing chancellor crashed the pound today! I bought Nailed It's last collection from RC, skipped the new Phoenix ones and the new Wildflowers too. I'm trying to reduce my spending but I'm not great at it! Won't be long till BF, but I don't have a big shopping list this time, PfD haven't brought out so much I want this year, so I'm expecting a much smaller order than the last couple, will probably also get Nailed It (such a nice gift package last year!), Wildflower, Garden Path and maybe GLL will bring something new for it, though they don't often do anything. So I'm trying not to get too much before then, of course it won't be long till PPU again (seems like no time since the last one, but it's already 23rd!).

Anitacska

Love the EdM and FF! Shame no pics of North Star - did you love it?
I did, it was very nice. But I was too overwhelmed with the new job to even think about polishes. This week has gone much better, I'm less tired and I'm beginning to understand stuff at work now. The lady who's teaching me is really nice, so is everyone. Commute still sucks, but it won't be too long before I can work from home 2 days a week.

Anitacska

Oh, you ordered WYD, I'm definitely adding that to the list! I did think about buying it, but I already decided not to, I've overspent as ever, and I've just consolidated Stackry, which is going to be even more expensive since our amazing chancellor crashed the pound today! I bought Nailed It's last collection from RC, skipped the new Phoenix ones and the new Wildflowers too. I'm trying to reduce my spending but I'm not great at it! Won't be long till BF, but I don't have a big shopping list this time, PfD haven't brought out so much I want this year, so I'm expecting a much smaller order than the last couple, will probably also get Nailed It (such a nice gift package last year!), Wildflower, Garden Path and maybe GLL will bring something new for it, though they don't often do anything. So I'm trying not to get too much before then, of course it won't be long till PPU again (seems like no time since the last one, but it's already 23rd!).
I haven't bought anything since the FF release at the beginning of the month, except for a perfume that was my gift to me for surviving the first week. I've seen a few things I'd like from PPU, but not been looking that much.

I'll also get some PfDs and also some EdMs on Black Friday, I don't think I'll want anything else. Maybe Different Dimension, but I haven't seen any new releases from her in ages.

PearlyQueen

This is just stunning, it's Phoenix Polish Never Kill An Innocent (too many pictures, I know!):
DSC00646.JPG DSC00649.JPG DSC00650.JPG DSC00652.JPG DSC00653.JPG DSC00655.JPG DSC00661.JPG

Then I broke another nail :( Is it the change of weather? Anyway, was too busy to change my mani, so I wore this for a week despite the chipping the break caused! And I still wasn't tired of it when I finally got round to changing it. This is sooo shifty and sparkly, I love it. This collection did not disappoint.

Hi again everyone --

Have you all gotten your PPU for the month? I saw them bragging about what good time they're making days ago, but I'm still waiting for my shipping notification...

Anitacska

This is just stunning, it's Phoenix Polish Never Kill An Innocent (too many pictures, I know!):
View attachment 70747 View attachment 70748 View attachment 70749 View attachment 70750 View attachment 70751 View attachment 70752 View attachment 70753

Then I broke another nail :( Is it the change of weather? Anyway, was too busy to change my mani, so I wore this for a week despite the chipping the break caused! And I still wasn't tired of it when I finally got round to changing it. This is sooo shifty and sparkly, I love it. This collection did not disappoint.

The Illyrian is nice, but this is stunning.

I've broken 3 nails in the past week or so, one really nasty side break. :( What is going on?!

Anitacska

Hi again everyone --

Have you all gotten your PPU for the month? I saw them bragging about what good time they're making days ago, but I'm still waiting for my shipping notification...

I didn't buy from PPU last month, but I order from the UK site anyway. Hope you get yours soon.

Anitacska

Just a quick screenshot of the upcoming FTLOP box in case you haven't seen it. The guest is Kathleen & co. I think I will order this one (I'm feeling flush, getting paid tomorrow, woohoo!). I need to ask if she can hold my order for a bit as otherwise the Black Friday stuff won't get to Stackry before it needs emptying.
Screenshot_20220927-210243.png

Latest posts