Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Current mani is Illyrian Exoplanet:
DSC02698.JPG DSC02702.JPG DSC02695.JPG
It's a nice polish but I'm not really in the mood for it I think - too dark. Unfortunately, I've had it on for about three weeks and it's still pretty much perfect. I don't have time to be changing polish that doesn't need it. The daylight purple version is how it mostly looks IRL. Need to do some manual labour soon if I want a new brighter mani!

Anitacska

Current mani is Illyrian Exoplanet:
View attachment 71170 View attachment 71171 View attachment 71169
It's a nice polish but I'm not really in the mood for it I think - too dark. Unfortunately, I've had it on for about three weeks and it's still pretty much perfect. I don't have time to be changing polish that doesn't need it. The daylight purple version is how it mostly looks IRL. Need to do some manual labour soon if I want a new brighter mani!
I like it a lot! I have 2 mani pictures too, will post them at the weekend.

Anitacska

Sorry I've disappeared, it's been manic here, at work and home. Still working this week (from home luckily), but really tired now, and got loads of stuff to do at home as I didn't get much done the past 2 weekends. Haven't worn polish for about 5 days now as I managed to tear the skin on my right thumb next to my nail and it's not healing. I think it's infected. :confused: I was hoping it would sort itself out, but I don't think it will now. Haven't bought any polishes either. Had a look at HHC and passed.

Hopefully I'll have more time after Christmas to finally post those mani pictures.

Hope you're okay. Are you still working?

PearlyQueen

Sorry I've disappeared, it's been manic here, at work and home. Still working this week (from home luckily), but really tired now, and got loads of stuff to do at home as I didn't get much done the past 2 weekends. Haven't worn polish for about 5 days now as I managed to tear the skin on my right thumb next to my nail and it's not healing. I think it's infected. :confused: I was hoping it would sort itself out, but I don't think it will now. Haven't bought any polishes either. Had a look at HHC and passed.

Hopefully I'll have more time after Christmas to finally post those mani pictures.

Hope you're okay. Are you still working?
Hey Anita, no problem, life is like that! I'm still working my now only job until tomorrow 1pm, then it's the holidays! I too have been massively busy and have actually been quite glad I could put in overtime on job 1 with no need to go to job 2 afterwards. I'm super stressed because I had one more task to complete and all of our IT systems went down on Friday and they still haven't been fixed. I'm kind of messing about with unimportant stuff I can do, while stressing massively about the main job I can do nothing with - and fielding emails about why it's not happening at the same time. It's soooo annoying and we have a total shutdown from tomorrow till 3 Jan so IT will not be fixing it during the break either. But it's totally out of my hands so stressing is doing nothing to help and I really must try to forget it over the break.
Sorry to hear about your infected finger and naked nails :( Hope it gets better soon. I just did a super Christmassy mini skittle mani which I love - but my camera has died :( I have taken some pics with a replacement I bought that I don't really like. I'll see how they look when I get time to upload them and post anyway.
Anyhow, I have been not shopping nail polish since BF - I have things I want but I'm determined to try to stick to the budget thing so I am holding off on them for now. This month for sure I want a few of the upcoming Wildflowers, at least one PPU polish and I'd love to get my RC small-ish basket (can't afford any more than that, though I have a bigger Nailland one waiting for action). We'll see how it goes, I had a small basket of 3 HHC polishes but I don't need them and they are victims of the job loss! I haven't seen all of PPU yet, so it might do some more damage - and of course I will need to add to it from my Nailland wishlist if I go down that route. I have loads of things turning up at Stackry from BF at the moment, so I'm amusing myself by tracking those!
Take care xxx

PearlyQueen

Meant to add Anitacska Anitacska - your PPU won't be with me until after Xmas, although I consolidated a while back they are still waiting for some deliveries of brands I included x
Hey Anita, update, I have your Rogue Lacquer! My shipment came in from Nailland! I don't think I can get to PO before Xmas but if you want me to ship the three polishes I'm holding, let me know - shipping will be £3 for second class.
Guess what - another issue with my PPU order... They were meant to be sending a replacement for the BVM that was wrong last time, and they did - and sent the wrong item again! I now own BVM Fishnet Stockings and am still out Floating Islands. I've emailed... again. They must hate me! I'm hoping they can still send it with my Jan order but we'll see what they have to say. I definitely want the Wildflower in Jan, so I said I was definitely going to shop the release!

Anitacska

Hey Anita, update, I have your Rogue Lacquer! My shipment came in from Nailland! I don't think I can get to PO before Xmas but if you want me to ship the three polishes I'm holding, let me know - shipping will be £3 for second class.
Guess what - another issue with my PPU order... They were meant to be sending a replacement for the BVM that was wrong last time, and they did - and sent the wrong item again! I now own BVM Fishnet Stockings and am still out Floating Islands. I've emailed... again. They must hate me! I'm hoping they can still send it with my Jan order but we'll see what they have to say. I definitely want the Wildflower in Jan, so I said I was definitely going to shop the release!
That's really annoying! Hope the wrong polish is nice at least and you'll still get what you ordered. I haven't really looked at PPU this month.

I think it's best not to post anything now before Christmas, it'll just sit in transit for days. After Christmas is fine, or in the new year if it's easier. I will send you the money soon. Thank you!

My thumb is finally healing, I reckon a couple more days and it'll be fine to polish again. Haven't really had the energy anyway. Finally finished work, I was actually able to stop at 3 instead of 5 today, yay! Now I'll have 10 days off! Woohoo!

Have a lovely Christmas if we don't speak before then! 🎄🎁

PearlyQueen

That's really annoying! Hope the wrong polish is nice at least and you'll still get what you ordered. I haven't really looked at PPU this month.

I think it's best not to post anything now before Christmas, it'll just sit in transit for days. After Christmas is fine, or in the new year if it's easier. I will send you the money soon. Thank you!

My thumb is finally healing, I reckon a couple more days and it'll be fine to polish again. Haven't really had the energy anyway. Finally finished work, I was actually able to stop at 3 instead of 5 today, yay! Now I'll have 10 days off! Woohoo!

Have a lovely Christmas if we don't speak before then! 🎄🎁
Yes I could not believe the wrong one turned up again! Haven't heard back yet.
Happy to hold until you're ready for shipping.
Yay for healing thumb, and yay for 10 days off work! Enjoy the break!
merry-christmas-santa-gif-download-52650-267308.gif

Anitacska

Finally, here are the two mani pictures I promised ages ago. Not sure they're worth the wait, the camera on my new phone is really quite rubbish. Anyway, they are Femme Fatale Glacier Nether (first picture) and Colors by Llarowe Mark Needs Love Too with Glam Polish Totally Buggin' on the accents (second picture).

20231129_124548.jpg

20231204_115049.jpg

I'm finally wearing Lilypad Lacquer I Only Wear Gold, but no pictures.

PearlyQueen

Finally, here are the two mani pictures I promised ages ago. Not sure they're worth the wait, the camera on my new phone is really quite rubbish. Anyway, they are Femme Fatale Glacier Nether (first picture) and Colors by Llarowe Mark Needs Love Too with Glam Polish Totally Buggin' on the accents (second picture).

View attachment 71174

View attachment 71175

I'm finally wearing Lilypad Lacquer I Only Wear Gold, but no pictures.
Nice mani pics! Nice manis too, especially the FF xxx

PearlyQueen

So my enormous BF haul arrived with me – checked out as soon as the final item arrived to avoid the temptation to add more stuff and spend more money. Fedex delivered two days earlier than they said – I was really pleased about that because I wanted to have time to go through the enormous box and check all had arrived safely, and I’m in the office for the first time since October on Thursday (due to deliver day) and Friday, so I wouldn’t have had time to go through it until the weekend. It took a while! Overall – I actually don’t really regret much that I bought! I thought I’d have many more things I wish I hadn’t bought, but I’m actually happy with my purchases, even if it was way too much! I haven’t spent the time to go through everything in detail, but I checked all was present and had a quick glance at most things.

Roundup:

Cuticula – not as impressed as I expected to be. Bought 4 different scented topcoats, which were discounted, so happy with those so far (hard to judge scents until worn though). I bought three of their chrome collection and could have skipped two of those, but they are nice enough. I bought one of their flakie polishes (Dragonglass style) and it looks beautiful at first glance, wishing I’d got more of those instead of the two chromes! I got the doorbuster, and it is a regret – just not really my colour and not very exciting but at least it was cheap. I also got the GWP and the limited edition BF polishes and they are stunning. The other one I got was just an older red holo flake polish, nice enough but nothing special.

Polished for Days – picked up a spare Snow since it was discounted and I was ordering. Got most of the Halloween collection and most of them are stunning – maybe a bit less impressed with the pink but very happy with everything else I picked up. Bought a 3-item mystery bag and super happy with what I got! It’s always a risk but I got a stunning shimmery orange proto, and two FTLOP oldies, Everybody Scream and Very Berry Sangria. I’m not into black polishes really but ES looks really purpley and cool and VBS is gorgeous. Very happy with taking that punt! Also got the new BF GWP which also looks stunning.

Great Lakes – very nice, could probably have skipped the darkest one without regret but it was just a small order and it will probably be nicer on.

Sparkle & Shine – two mystery Nailed Its and two Mystery Wildflowers. No major regrets – though one of the Wildflowers is a beautiful shimmery white flakie bomb (not sure if it’s full coverage) and white isn’t my thing. I might try using my few whites as accent nails as it’s just my index that discolours, so if I like that look I will be happy. I got a stunning red NI, a really pretty shifty WF and a shimmery blue/pink NI which is quite saturated and pretty. Overall a really nice set.

EdM – I didn’t open any of the boxes, just checked they were all there, so no thoughts yet!

Lumen – I bought Krampus (a red shimmer) and the six piece “Naughty” (dark) half of the advent calendar. Krampus is not as nice as I hoped (a bit dull and dark – hopefully nicer once on). The mysteries are generally very nice though, one is a stunning red which I will never regret buying, the others are nice colours and finishes which I’m quite happy with, though I’m not sure how many I’d have actively picked out to buy individually if this was a straight-up release. There’s a duochrome purple, a stunning bright blurple, a deep glowy blue, a dark green with gold microflake shimmer and a purple with gold shimmer, if I remember right.

Victorian Varnish – I only opened the boxes for a few of these, where they were my lucky dip ones or unlabelled. They sent me a compass! Which is very cool and a very steampunk freebie! There are also a ton of stickers with my order, which is very nice! I regret buying the green neon with blue shimmer just because it’s identical to the Kathleen & Co I bought recently. I got a pretty pink flakie polish which is really nice. Most of the others I didn’t open up, except the two lucky dip ones – I got an OK pale blue with dark flakies and shimmer called Anti Time Tablets, not sure about that one yet, need to see it swatched to make a judgement I think. The other one was Steampunk Spirit, which is a really nice blue magnetic. Looking forward to exploring the rest of my purchases when I have more time – I’m falling for this brand, love their aesthetic. Also got their glitter smoother to try – I am led to believe there’s not much difference between different brands with this and I’ve got the KBShimmer version, which works well enough. I chucked this in to get to free shipping and because their bottles are larger than other brands and it was also at an introductory price, so it worked out really cheap. I failed to be one of the first 20 orders so didn’t get the freebie for that, but did get the GWP which isn’t very exciting.

Polish Me Silly – by far my biggest purchase and the one I expected to regret most. But I don’t! Most of them are nicer than I expected at first glance, some absolute stunners, a couple not quite what I wanted but nice enough, maybe two or three are far from needed as they are similar to things I own but in general I almost wish I’d bought a few more with the 25% discount (and free polish of your choice). I did cull my basket a lot, and I think I now want those ones.

Potion Polish – an impulse buy without discount because they restocked a couple of polishes I’ve been really wanting, and I added their mystery 3-piece advent. Got another shimmery white (again pretty, will try as accent as with the WFL) a nice shimmery pink and a stunning glowy red. Nothing awful, quite happy with purchase!

Bee’s Knees – didn’t get a huge order but did pick up a few of the new and previous collection. Haven’t really examined those closely, just enough to check they were right. Did buy one of the mystery duo bags and got a stunning red again, which was my fave of the options available, and a nice purple shimmery duochrome. I was surprised that the free gift with purchase was just a past polish, which is a nice dark blue from the House of Usher collection that I wouldn’t have chosen to buy but it looks fine.

By Dany Vianna – this was an extra small order after BF, because I saw a couple of pics of the DVW (Dany Vianna/Watcha collab brand) Grinchmas collection and I kept really wanting two of the polishes, so I got them! Added one extra item from the BDV website and surprisingly received a free reflective glitter topper with my small order. Only opened the freebie as I had no idea why it was there or what it was in its unmarked box!

I think the only other thing I bought was a few more ingredients from DRK nails, which all look lovely. I wanted to get round to playing with the polish mixing over the holidays but you need to be able to try it on your nails and my manicure was looking too nice to remove…

Forgot Pahlish! They look nice through the bubble wrap but I didn’t unpack them for a closer look.

Anitacska

Hi Anne, I'm sorry I've been awol for so long, I just don't seem to find the time for anything. Also I've had some issues with my children and just the usual daily stuff I have to deal with. I haven't been buying any polishes and hardly wear them, so I didn't really know what to write anyway. I did take some pictures of my latest mani, will need to edit them and upload them. I didn't have my computer for 3 days because it was getting very slow and I needed to take it to be sorted out. It needed a new har drive and extra RAM, it cost me a fortune, but hopefully it'll be okay now for the next few years. I also needed a new dishwasher as my old one started having water leaking into it when not it use and it was 13 years old, so it wasn't worth repairing. That's another 500 quid gone! But it is what it is. Just as well I don't want to buy any polishes!

Hope you're okay and enjoying your mega haul! Sounds amazing! The only thing I have is an order sitting at Femme Fatale that will get shipped sometime in the spring I think. I've been letting my middle one use my polishes but they mostly only like mossy green, dark red and brown polishes and I don't have a lot of those! And mine are apparently too sparkly as well. :LOL:

So that's it from me, I will try to post my mani pictures this weekend. Would love to see some of yours too. Take care. x

Anitacska

Hello again! As promised, here are my latest manis. First is Femme Fatale Twilight Meteorite.

20240122_111240.jpg

Today's mani is Emily de Molly On Edge:

20240127_141554.jpg

20240127_141659.jpg

These are both really old, from around 2013-14.

PearlyQueen

Hi Anne, I'm sorry I've been awol for so long, I just don't seem to find the time for anything. Also I've had some issues with my children and just the usual daily stuff I have to deal with. I haven't been buying any polishes and hardly wear them, so I didn't really know what to write anyway. I did take some pictures of my latest mani, will need to edit them and upload them. I didn't have my computer for 3 days because it was getting very slow and I needed to take it to be sorted out. It needed a new har drive and extra RAM, it cost me a fortune, but hopefully it'll be okay now for the next few years. I also needed a new dishwasher as my old one started having water leaking into it when not it use and it was 13 years old, so it wasn't worth repairing. That's another 500 quid gone! But it is what it is. Just as well I don't want to buy any polishes!

Hope you're okay and enjoying your mega haul! Sounds amazing! The only thing I have is an order sitting at Femme Fatale that will get shipped sometime in the spring I think. I've been letting my middle one use my polishes but they mostly only like mossy green, dark red and brown polishes and I don't have a lot of those! And mine are apparently too sparkly as well. :LOL:

So that's it from me, I will try to post my mani pictures this weekend. Would love to see some of yours too. Take care. x
Hi Anita, nice to hear from you again! I've been having computer issues too so it's taken me a bit to get back to you - laptop is home now so here I am. Sorry to hear real life has been its normal annoying self. Sounds like your no-buy has come in handy with those unexpected expenses.
I've been sticking with my budget for the two months it's been in effect, so just a few purchases to add to the collection, nothing major. I've got a half-done Nailland box on hold and have found it surprisingly easy to say no to things - hope that lasts! I got one HHC polish and skipped PPU Feb, so overall not much expected! I do have a small RC haul for pre-order items pending. I have a few things to share so I'm going to post what I can get through now, there may be more to follow, I'll see how long it takes...

Latest posts