Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Ordered ppu, paid Nailland fee too, total for you is £16.52 (exc UK shipping) x
Great, thank you, I'll send it over in a minute.

I finally received my FF group buy! Can barely believe it. I had a quick look last night, but will unbox it properly this weekend.

I went to check out HHC and I see there's no pre-order, only overstock sale, so that'll save me money. Not that I buy much anyway.

PearlyQueen

Great, thank you, I'll send it over in a minute.

I finally received my FF group buy! Can barely believe it. I had a quick look last night, but will unbox it properly this weekend.

I went to check out HHC and I see there's no pre-order, only overstock sale, so that'll save me money. Not that I buy much anyway.
Got it, thanks sweetie!
Yay, you got them! So pleased for you. My three RC orders are STILL missing in the post, so annoying.
I was really confused by the HHC thing, had to ask what was going on! I have a small wishlist but I won't be getting the BKLs or the GLL unless I wake up at 4.00am on a work night and probably not even then, so I doubt I'll bother with the others. I'll see when the time comes, maybe take laptop to bed with me that night just in case I happen to wake up at the right time, otherwise will have a look next morning when they'll be gone. I don't need them anyway.

Anitacska

Got it, thanks sweetie!
Yay, you got them! So pleased for you. My three RC orders are STILL missing in the post, so annoying.
I was really confused by the HHC thing, had to ask what was going on! I have a small wishlist but I won't be getting the BKLs or the GLL unless I wake up at 4.00am on a work night and probably not even then, so I doubt I'll bother with the others. I'll see when the time comes, maybe take laptop to bed with me that night just in case I happen to wake up at the right time, otherwise will have a look next morning when they'll be gone. I don't need them anyway.
Thanks. In the end I didn't get around to sorting them out at the weekend. Never have time for anything nowadays.

Really hope your RC orders arrive soon. Will she be able to replace them? Hope so.

My September HHC order is now on its way to me, I ordered 4, but no idea what.

PearlyQueen

Thanks. In the end I didn't get around to sorting them out at the weekend. Never have time for anything nowadays.

Really hope your RC orders arrive soon. Will she be able to replace them? Hope so.

My September HHC order is now on its way to me, I ordered 4, but no idea what.
Some are still available but not all :(
I've just emailed again, my next preorders are meant to start shipping tomorrow and I don't want even more losses. We'll see what she says, but I suspect a RM claim is coming.

PearlyQueen

Some are still available but not all :(
I've just emailed again, my next preorders are meant to start shipping tomorrow and I don't want even more losses. We'll see what she says, but I suspect a RM claim is coming.
She's shipping to me via Evri for tomorrow's stuff and has put in claims for the first two. I just want my polishes :(

PearlyQueen

She's shipping to me via Evri for tomorrow's stuff and has put in claims for the first two. I just want my polishes :(
So two of my packages appeared out of the blue today, strangely just after the claim went in...
I'm now only missing 3 polishes, fingers crossed they appear tomorrow...

Anitacska

That's great! Well done for stepping up too. x
I had to. She was getting worse with her lack of communication and taking weeks to post stuff. I actually ordered more than her most times and had offered to take over, but she wouldn't let go. It was fine while she worked nearby and I could pick up my stuff from her, but since then she's been rubbish.

PearlyQueen

New mani is Cadillacquer Getting Stronger:
getting stronger 1.JPG getting stronger 2.JPG getting stronger 3.JPG
Quite disappointed by this one, it looked so much better in swatch pics and even in the bottle. It's OK, but in most lighting it looks grey with pink shimmer, I expected more purple with lots of blue glitter sparkles and multichrome shimmer. Fair enough, it's not awful but I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known how it would look.

Anitacska

New mani is Cadillacquer Getting Stronger:
View attachment 71154 View attachment 71155 View attachment 71156
Quite disappointed by this one, it looked so much better in swatch pics and even in the bottle. It's OK, but in most lighting it looks grey with pink shimmer, I expected more purple with lots of blue glitter sparkles and multichrome shimmer. Fair enough, it's not awful but I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known how it would look.
I like it!

Anitacska

Did you buy from HHC in the end?

I'm contemplating ordering from the PfD Black Friday sale, but since it starts at 2 am our time I don't know if there'll be much left by the time I get up (and if I'll have time to order while getting ready for work). It looks like she won't be restocking the summer collection, so there aren't that many polishes I want anyway. I might not bother in the end.

PearlyQueen

Did you buy from HHC in the end?

I'm contemplating ordering from the PfD Black Friday sale, but since it starts at 2 am our time I don't know if there'll be much left by the time I get up (and if I'll have time to order while getting ready for work). It looks like she won't be restocking the summer collection, so there aren't that many polishes I want anyway. I might not bother in the end.
I tried to get a few but they were all sold out pretty much instantly so got nothing.
I plan to shop PfD, will stay up for it! However, I don't think I'll be getting a huge amount, probably a couple of mystery bags and the Halloween collection only.
I see damage to the CC with this BF, I have a huge list of brands I might shop. I'll see how it goes. I only like one of the Nailed It protos on sale, so I'm holding off until she shows sneak peeks at the Advent and if it seems worth it I'll get those, but I wasn't loving the rest of what's on offer there.
I do have a huge wishlist of Polish Me Silly Glow Pops I want if there's a discount, will be getting some Great Lakes if I'm on time, looking at various other brands as well but it's hard to tell until you see what's going to be available (small batches/protos etc).

Anitacska

I tried to get a few but they were all sold out pretty much instantly so got nothing.
I plan to shop PfD, will stay up for it! However, I don't think I'll be getting a huge amount, probably a couple of mystery bags and the Halloween collection only.
I see damage to the CC with this BF, I have a huge list of brands I might shop. I'll see how it goes. I only like one of the Nailed It protos on sale, so I'm holding off until she shows sneak peeks at the Advent and if it seems worth it I'll get those, but I wasn't loving the rest of what's on offer there.
I do have a huge wishlist of Polish Me Silly Glow Pops I want if there's a discount, will be getting some Great Lakes if I'm on time, looking at various other brands as well but it's hard to tell until you see what's going to be available (small batches/protos etc).
Did you buy much? I didn't buy anything in the end. I only really wanted 3 from PfD, so decided not to bother as there wasn't much else I wanted elsewhere either to justify starting a new Stackry box. First BF in ages when I didn't buy polish. So I'm now likely going to pass on PPU too since I don't have an open Stackry box and at £16 a polish it's not worth going through Nailland either.

PearlyQueen

Did you buy much? I didn't buy anything in the end. I only really wanted 3 from PfD, so decided not to bother as there wasn't much else I wanted elsewhere either to justify starting a new Stackry box. First BF in ages when I didn't buy polish. So I'm now likely going to pass on PPU too since I don't have an open Stackry box and at £16 a polish it's not worth going through Nailland either.
I am embarrassed by how carried away I got - many orders, some huge. I don't even know if I like all I got, something in my brain went nuts. Oh well. I was actually less than impressed when I look back at the deals. PfD - wish I had just got the polishes I wanted at Nailland when they came out, the discounts were less than impressive, few things I actually wanted and the BF polishes were not that impressive. I went very OTT on Polish Me Silly, which was a good deal but the shipping was insanely expensive and I'm not convinced they're going to be as good as they look on her swatches... Victorian Varnish - I quite like what I ordered but I bought a few maybe I should have skipped trying to get to the gift with purchase - and I've since seen it and I don't like it! It's just a glitter topper. BKL - all the swatchers were saying that the newsletter discount code stacked with the BF discount - it didn't but I bought anyway. Bought a bundle of Pahlishes, nice but at £12 each not that cheap and I'm not sure I'll like the freebies... My Cuticula order was one that felt like a really good price, and nice things (fingers crossed) - also got a few scented topcoats so they'll at least be useful! Also went nuts and bought Sparkle & Shine (mysteries) and a couple of Potions with the mystery Xmas set and a bundle more DRK pigments. Oh yes, and GLL (probably at least one I'm not bothered about but again got carried away). I was horrified with myself by the end of it and decided I needed to cut down. Oh, forgot I added a few to my Nailland order and ordered it to ship. I was horrified at how much I'd spent, promised to be much more mindful for a while and try to top up my savings again, because this put a big dent in them. Then on Saturday I got an email informing me that the contract for my second job had been terminated :( So it's going to be very hard to replace what I spent as I'd planned to.
So with all of that, I have no open order at Nailland to add PPU to and although there are a few polishes I really like (but no must-haves) I will have to skip this time. I don't want to open another Nailland box and I still have to pay Stackry shipping fee (which will also be huge). I could send to Stackry this time but I have spent so much I hope to stay strong.
I'm so impressed with your ability to stop shopping, I need to feel that soon! Without second income now, I need to be much more selective with what I buy going forward so I stay within budget and will try very hard to do so.
Thank god BF is once a year - and I hope I remember this feeling for next time!

Anitacska

I am embarrassed by how carried away I got - many orders, some huge. I don't even know if I like all I got, something in my brain went nuts. Oh well. I was actually less than impressed when I look back at the deals. PfD - wish I had just got the polishes I wanted at Nailland when they came out, the discounts were less than impressive, few things I actually wanted and the BF polishes were not that impressive. I went very OTT on Polish Me Silly, which was a good deal but the shipping was insanely expensive and I'm not convinced they're going to be as good as they look on her swatches... Victorian Varnish - I quite like what I ordered but I bought a few maybe I should have skipped trying to get to the gift with purchase - and I've since seen it and I don't like it! It's just a glitter topper. BKL - all the swatchers were saying that the newsletter discount code stacked with the BF discount - it didn't but I bought anyway. Bought a bundle of Pahlishes, nice but at £12 each not that cheap and I'm not sure I'll like the freebies... My Cuticula order was one that felt like a really good price, and nice things (fingers crossed) - also got a few scented topcoats so they'll at least be useful! Also went nuts and bought Sparkle & Shine (mysteries) and a couple of Potions with the mystery Xmas set and a bundle more DRK pigments. Oh yes, and GLL (probably at least one I'm not bothered about but again got carried away). I was horrified with myself by the end of it and decided I needed to cut down. Oh, forgot I added a few to my Nailland order and ordered it to ship. I was horrified at how much I'd spent, promised to be much more mindful for a while and try to top up my savings again, because this put a big dent in them. Then on Saturday I got an email informing me that the contract for my second job had been terminated :( So it's going to be very hard to replace what I spent as I'd planned to.
So with all of that, I have no open order at Nailland to add PPU to and although there are a few polishes I really like (but no must-haves) I will have to skip this time. I don't want to open another Nailland box and I still have to pay Stackry shipping fee (which will also be huge). I could send to Stackry this time but I have spent so much I hope to stay strong.
I'm so impressed with your ability to stop shopping, I need to feel that soon! Without second income now, I need to be much more selective with what I buy going forward so I stay within budget and will try very hard to do so.
Thank god BF is once a year - and I hope I remember this feeling for next time!
Sorry to hear you're losing your second income, hopefully something else will come up soon. Also hope you'll like the polishes you bought after all.

I wish I could say I stopped shopping, but that really only applies to nail polish, I still buy loads of stuff. My ongoing current obsession is fragrances, I buy several bottles of perfume a month. And they are more expensive than nail polish, so yeah. I should also be saving as my ex will stop paying child maintenance next summer, but I don't seem to be able to not buy anything. Oh well, at least I smell good.

Of course my nails aren't painted as often as they used to be and I tend to just pick a plain polish, can't be bothered with toppers and pairing colours at the moment.

I've finally managed to take pictures of my new FF polishes, but they still need swatching and putting away. Just don't seem to have the time nowadays. Sorry, not the best picture, it's always bloody dark.

20231126_161322.jpg

PearlyQueen

Sorry to hear you're losing your second income, hopefully something else will come up soon. Also hope you'll like the polishes you bought after all.

I wish I could say I stopped shopping, but that really only applies to nail polish, I still buy loads of stuff. My ongoing current obsession is fragrances, I buy several bottles of perfume a month. And they are more expensive than nail polish, so yeah. I should also be saving as my ex will stop paying child maintenance next summer, but I don't seem to be able to not buy anything. Oh well, at least I smell good.

Of course my nails aren't painted as often as they used to be and I tend to just pick a plain polish, can't be bothered with toppers and pairing colours at the moment.

I've finally managed to take pictures of my new FF polishes, but they still need swatching and putting away. Just don't seem to have the time nowadays. Sorry, not the best picture, it's always bloody dark.

View attachment 71165
Thanks Anita, I should be OK, just need to be a bit more sensible than in recent months! I'm not really looking for something else, this was just perfect for fitting in with my real job. I'm sure the polishes will be fine, I'm just annoyed because I overspent then the job thing. Anything I don't like will just go on eBay!
Haha, yes perfume is expensive! But we are both the same - total shopaholics! At least you enjoy them.
Your order is very cute - worth the wait! You were obviously in a pink mood! Enjoy! xxx

Anitacska

Thanks Anita, I should be OK, just need to be a bit more sensible than in recent months! I'm not really looking for something else, this was just perfect for fitting in with my real job. I'm sure the polishes will be fine, I'm just annoyed because I overspent then the job thing. Anything I don't like will just go on eBay!
Haha, yes perfume is expensive! But we are both the same - total shopaholics! At least you enjoy them.
Your order is very cute - worth the wait! You were obviously in a pink mood! Enjoy! xxx
Yes, it's a sickness. I don't seem to be able to go through a week without buying something. Or at the very least, checking eBay several times a day. I've added up how much I've spent this year on polish, perfume, few bits of make up, etc. (I probably shouldn't have!) and I've spent 3 months' salary. I can spare that money right now, although I should be saving more, but it's still way too much.