Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

CartoonChic

CC, that's quite a commitment to nail polish
hatsoff.gif
Hats off to you. I'm impressed that you were able to get so many of your sticks done in what seems like a relatively short amount of time.
th_worship.gif

Did you get your label maker?
Not yet! I'll probably get it this week.

CartoonChic

I wouldn't worry much if it's just the Chanels. A bruise here and there, perhaps temporary memory loss, that's about it. She'll be fine.

If the BLs and DLs decided to join their Chanel sisters, then were in trouble. No human can possibly survive under such a massive NP mountain.

SOS.gif
LOL!!! You all are hilarious! I really needed that laugh. This is my favorite thread.
grouphug2.gif

CartoonChic

Tried my first YSL this weekend. If the rest of them are like this.. I'm SOLD! I need more of them in my life.

I'm also in love with the brush.. almost as much as the Dior brush.

Beautiful! I didn't think I would like the larger brush at first, but I love it. I plan to get Bronze Pyrite and Premiere Neige top coat next. I wish the color wee at Sephora so I could get a discount. Isn't Sephora having some sort of sale in April? Does anyone know what it is?

Lovely polishes MRV, and a great deal!
eyelove.gif

Glad you got your A-Englands, linaino. You'll get yours soon Medgal.

CartoonChic

This is kind of off topic, but not. I had a first date with a guy the other night and wore Zoya's Aurora from their Ornate collection. That collection has been my favorite of any in a long time! The complexity of the hologlitter looks almost 3-D. Anyway, he noticed the color on my nails and took my hands... to look at the color more closely
eyelove.gif
... and he was entranced! Held my hands for a while, too! Just goes to show that Steve Harvey is right: men DO notice painted hands and feet and like it! I so want for Zoya to do an extension of the Ornate collection with more colors!
Boom chicka wah wah...

Medgal07

Isn't Jade Imperial just the best ever! It looks really good on you. CC and I were wondering why we haven't been more attentive to YSL.
th_dunno.gif

I think that will change very quickly.

Tried my first YSL this weekend. If the rest of them are like this.. I'm SOLD! I need more of them in my life.

I'm also in love with the brush.. almost as much as the Dior brush.

Medgal07

This is kind of off topic, but not. I had a first date with a guy the other night and wore Zoya's Aurora from their Ornate collection. That collection has been my favorite of any in a long time! The complexity of the hologlitter looks almost 3-D. Anyway, he noticed the color on my nails and took my hands... to look at the color more closely
eyelove.gif
... and he was entranced! Held my hands for a while, too! Just goes to show that Steve Harvey is right: men DO notice painted hands and feet and like it! I so want for Zoya to do an extension of the Ornate collection with more colors!
I love this topic! Here's the deal....he was imagining those well manicured nails/hands on him---the lovely color etc was just frosting on the cake
th_DANCE.gif

MRV

Quote: Originally Posted by BuickMackane

Any news re: your Illamasqua order?

Nope. None what so ever.
tumbleweed.gif

I have not been able make up my mind about the OPI Euro Centrale. Budapest & Czechbook? I'm starting to have déjà-vus... I think I'll wait until I can see them IRL.

BUT Cult is having a sale!
crybaby.gif

BuickMackane

Nope. None what so ever.
tumbleweed.gif

I have not been able make up my mind about the OPI Euro Centrale. Budapest & Czechbook? I'm starting to have déjà-vus... I think I'll wait until I can see them IRL.

BUT Cult is having a sale!
crybaby.gif
Right now the RM tracking site says "Your item, posted on 15/01/13 with reference RQ398399486GB was delivered in BOW PDO on 04/02/13. Thank you for using this service." The devil only knows what BOW PDO is. And Illamasqua CS is one big pile of steaming turd!
getyou.gif
You should see their FB page. People are going nuts!
lol.gif

re: Cult - hehe. I placed an order for Iconic, Manipulative and My Kind of Kool-Aid first thing this morning. I'm going to place another but I need to decide on which three (I can get 3 max in one order because of customs). I'm currently looking at Crusin Nude, Devious Nature, Deal With It, Power Thief, Happy Ending and Tulum. Hope they stick around until I make up my mind.

Are you getting anything?

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by BuickMackane
Right now the RM tracking site says "Your item, posted on 15/01/13 with reference RQ398399486GB was delivered in BOW PDO on 04/02/13. Thank you for using this service." The devil only knows what BOW PDO is.

Google is AWESOMESAUCE!!!

I think BOW PDO is a delivery centre in London. I figured PDO was an abbreviation for Post Delivery Office so I did a bit of searching and found this: http://wikimapia.org/13592071/Bow-Post-Office-delivery

Good news I suppose?
001_unsure.gif

MRV

Right now the RM tracking site says "Your item, posted on 15/01/13 with reference RQ398399486GB was delivered in BOW PDO on 04/02/13. Thank you for using this service." The devil only knows what BOW PDO is. And Illamasqua CS is one big pile of steaming turd!
getyou.gif
You should see their FB page. People are going nuts!
lol.gif

re: Cult - hehe. I placed an order for Iconic, Manipulative and My Kind of Kool-Aid first thing this morning. I'm going to place another but I need to decide on which three (I can get 3 max in one order because of customs). I'm currently looking at Crusin Nude, Devious Nature, Deal With It, Power Thief, Happy Ending and Tulum. Hope they stick around until I make up my mind.

Are you getting anything?
pompom.gif
I checked mine again, but no change. My order was shipped two days later though, and they must have a pile.

I already did! I got Flushed, Deal With It and Feelin' Froggy. Can't get more atm, and I have the customs breathing down my neck, too. They cut the limit in half this year! It used to be about 44, but it's down to 22 now. Although nothing has been cought yet. Knockin' on wood
bangin.gif
!

BuickMackane

pompom.gif
I checked mine again, but no change. My order was shipped two days later though, and they must have a pile.

I already did! I got Flushed, Deal With It and Feelin' Froggy. Can't get more atm, and I have the customs breathing down my neck, too. They cut the limit in half this year! It used to be about 44, but it's down to 22 now. Although nothing has been cought yet. Knockin' on wood
bangin.gif
!
Whoa! You used to have a EUR44 limit for non-EU merchandise? Here it's been 22 for a long time. Gifts are still 45 though.

re: Cult - great picks! I went on a rampage after my last post and placed 2 more orders. So the final damage is:

- Iconic, Manipulative, My Kind of Kool-Aid (order 1)
- Deal With It, I Got Distracted, Captivated (order 2)
- Cruisin Nude, Happy Ending, Tulum (order 3)

I'd happily get some more but I really really really shouldn't
nonono.gif

BuickMackane

They're a mix of LE and perm. I usually try to get the LE shades first when then come out and then go back and get perm colors in between collections. But lately I've been making impromptu purchases whenever I see older or discontinued shades pop up at Neimans.com or Saks.com. I grabbed 7 colors in that last round because I didn't know if I would have the chance to buy them again. But I'm cutting back in overall makeup purchases, so it balances out.
Nice one! Good call re: DCd shades - If you're a collector (which you quite obviously are) snapping them up when the opportunity arises is a great move. Otherwise its skippers remorse and eBay.

Great to have you back btw!
bouquet.gif

CartoonChic

Thanks! Work has been getting in the way of my daily Specktra fix. I need to do something about that.

I got my Essies from Beauty.com yesterday. The colors are very pretty. They make me think of candy. I'm hooked. But I'm having an OCD situation. The Essie bottle I got from Ulta has the color label on the bottom of the bottle and there's no white logo on it. Only the glass imprinted logo. The Essies I got from Beauty.com have both a white logo and the glass imprinted logo. The color label is also stuck on the the top of the brush. I like Ulta's packaging better. What's the most current design? I want them to look the same.

I mentioned in the Archie's thread that I got a Nordstrom card yesterday so I can start getting Nordstrom Notes. My spending has increased at that store quite a bit, so I want to start getting something back for my purchases. It'll be great for the buy 2/get 1 free polish hauls. (I'm still holding out hope that another sale will happen this month.) Plus I always see some of you say how you used a note to get free stuff. I know the enabling in this thread is insane, but something may be wrong if the enabling has moved beyond nail polish to iPhones and now store/credit cards. We've created an Enable Monster!
th_crazy.gif

So I get a $20 note if I make $100 purchase on the same day I open the card. Naturally I had to take advantage. I was going to get some stuff from Archie's, but I wasn't able to complete the purchase with my temp card online. I got some Chanel stuff instead by calling the store. Do you see where I'm going with this? I finally got Black Satin and Vamp nail polishes, and the Prelude quad. Those have been on my to-buy list forever.

VampyCouture

Really, don't be. They look super cute in their little bottles but you probably have very similar colours already if you like your blackened vampies
smiles.gif

Nice one! Good call re: DCd shades - If you're a collector (which you quite obviously are) snapping them up when the opportunity arises is a great move. Otherwise its skippers remorse and eBay.

Great to have you back btw!
bouquet.gif
Thanks! I went on a mission to find dupes for the colors and I think I have been pretty successful. That makes me so happy though! Good thing it's pretty dupeable :)

MRV

Whoa! You used to have a EUR44 limit for non-EU merchandise? Here it's been 22 for a long time. Gifts are still 45 though.

re: Cult - great picks! I went on a rampage after my last post and placed 2 more orders. So the final damage is:

- Iconic, Manipulative, My Kind of Kool-Aid (order 1)
- Deal With It, I Got Distracted, Captivated (order 2)
- Cruisin Nude, Happy Ending, Tulum (order 3)

I'd happily get some more but I really really really shouldn't
nonono.gif
Yep, with the vat rates 22% and 23% the rule was "if the amount of the tax is more than 10 Euros, you have to pay it", but now the taxed limit is just 22+ Euros. And 24%
cry.gif

Wowza! You are really stocking up on those Cults (don't forget to post pics!). Not that I can blame you. I did the same thing with BL in January - more than septubled them! Been on a YOLO mood, you know. I really should take a brake but it's difficult: like today I checked the "other" store again and now they had the G Turandot for 30.45 Euros (and the rest of the Liu Collection minus ballz).
w00t.gif
Suits me just fine!

Latest posts