Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

BuickMackane

Quote:
That looks pretty cool actually. Interests me enough that I'd kinda like to see it IRL.
It looks 100 times better IRL
thmbup.gif

MACina

I am so glad that I live on my own in my apartment....my family and friends would
thud.gif
if they ever saw my collection
girlhaha.gif

grouphug2.gif
...it is marvelous that I can share my passion with you all
specktra_rocks.gif

thud.gif
Awesome collection! I just better not let my hubby see this. He already thinks that my collection (the whole of which would take up maybe half that drawer) is perhaps a touch excessive. If only he knew what I'm aspiring to!

That looks pretty cool actually. Interests me enough that I'd kinda like to see it IRL.

Pretty pretty!

I'm wearing Essie Leading Lady this week as it's Valentine's Day week. I feel very glam, like I have ruby slippers on my fingers - just need a proper metallic red lippy to go with it I think.

I can tell this NP thing is becoming a bit of an obsession. On Friday I was at a departmental conference at work, and I found myself asking my Director - aka most senior person there - what NP she was wearing because it looked so good on her! (Essie Wicked, if anyone cares LOL)

Leading Lady is perfect for Valentine' s Day, Jenny
heart.gif

kimibos

ok i came back home and just gave up and place an order on ebay for half of the color club holos. to be honest as soon as i get more money ill be ordering the other half. these are going to be my first true holos! i got:
harp on it
cloud nine
halo-graphic
blue heaven
cherubic
angel kiss

i went to the mall and passed by Urban O but the holo polishes were sold out. i went to my sephora, no new illamasqua imperfect polishes, but they did have muse which was taken off the website so i decided to buy it in case they discontinue it. they also had dior polishes.

i algo went to Loccitane and got a lavande hand cream. kind of expensive but it seems good and i can actually tolerate the lavander smell.

OMG i also passed by the claires store. and they have sooo many polishes. but i didnt have a cent left. im going back to that store no matter what.
girlhaha.gif

Prettypackages

Ok, so after work I drag my tired butt to Nordies rack. they have all kinds of cosmetics out, Nars sets, Tarin taratino, nyx and etc. I pick up the BL olympic set, and the mini removers, and make my purchase and go. As I am walking to my c (rental)ar, I'm giving myself the side eye, telling myself I fell into the NP hype, you don't even were polish, this is stupid, the colors are going to be garish and ugly. Seriously, bronze? Silver... YUCK. Plus, you kept the car another day to do laundry... LAUNDRY!!! and you are out here wasting time.
To prove myself right, I opened the package in the car and paint one nail each color. I started with the bronze and gasped. What goregeous neutral. Then I tried the silver. I just knew it was going to be garish. Omg it is light and shimmering. Surely the gold is going to be a dud... OMG, I feel like I'm wearing 24 k gold on my nails. LOL

Still not a hooked yet... but I do like this set.

kimibos

Quote: Originally Posted by MRV
Now I'm wearing Alex from the MF Collection:

i love it!! i have to find it. so far no luck but im not giving up

kimibos

Ok, so after work I drag my tired butt to Nordies rack. they have all kinds of cosmetics out, Nars sets, Tarin taratino, nyx and etc. I pick up the BL olympic set, and the mini removers, and make my purchase and go. As I am walking to my c (rental)ar, I'm giving myself the side eye, telling myself I fell into the NP hype, you don't even were polish, this is stupid, the colors are going to be garish and ugly. Seriously, bronze? Silver... YUCK. Plus, you kept the car another day to do laundry... LAUNDRY!!! and you are out here wasting time.
To prove myself right, I opened the package in the car and paint one nail each color. I started with the bronze and gasped. What goregeous neutral. Then I tried the silver. I just knew it was going to be garish. Omg it is light and shimmering. Surely the gold is going to be a dud... OMG, I feel like I'm wearing 24 k gold on my nails. LOL

im glad you went to the racks and got the set. the deal is too good to pass it up. im looking forward to using the silver one. i love lillibets jubilee and hope its just as amazing as that one!

Medgal07

@ Honey on Boost
eyelove.gif
looks so good on you! Too bad I can't pull off these types of pinks. Thank you HOB...I haven't seen a polish on you that I haven't absolutely loved. I can't believe that this particular pink doesn't work for you
icon_eek.gif

Oh just you wait...you're exhibiting signs already. You're getting closer....closer
poke.gif
grouphug2.gif

Medgal07

I was just hanging out on tPF.. for over an hour... because those ladies over there take hauling nail polish seriously (well, they take hauling anything seriously). It made me realize being a woman, with a hobby at that, is pretty expensive. I'm now lusting to own a Dior or two, but I know I should stop while I'm still ahead.
ohboy.gif
Dior will look so good on you!!!
th_thstars.gif

Medgal07

Thank you Dominique33 & CrissyF!!! Surprisingly I wore that NP for three days before it started showing signs of wear & tear---I did a lot w/my hands sans gloves to protect them.
how you guys manage to use thin brush applicator such as essie polishes? i don't seem to manage it without feeling frustrated after seeing it leaving stroke marks
I've used Essie NP for ages and never noticed stroke marks. I'll be paying more attention but I think I would have noticed something like that...two coats always and they look fab
th_dunno.gif

MRV

i love it!! i have to find it. so far no luck but im not giving up
Hope you'll find one because you love the mints so much. OPI Nicole seems not so easy to get from eBay either, especially at a decent price&shipping.

Knope2012

I'm trying to shop my stash lately. I bought a small chest of drawers with 7 drawers in July, which I have organized by color. The blues and purples are completely full now! Today, I have Zoya Malia on, which I haven't worn in years. I really want to pick up some of the new CGs though, and I have the green Illamasqua Speckled color coming to me tomorrow. I'm also majorly tempted by Chanel Fracas, but trying to be strong!

MACina

Those CGs look gorgeous, MRV
love.gif

Thank you!

Thank you! Love your CGs! I have not counted mine but I have about 4 boxes full of polishes and 1+ of them is CGs.

And I just got more:

eyelove.gif

There are! We have Unicorn Puke of course, and there also seems to be a Tiger Puke and a Clown Puke?!

Ah, I see. The green in the pic above did not want to photograph at first either (> an odd yellow) but then I changed the angle and it came out quite ok.

Thanks! I'm trying to shift to more springy colours (in spite of the depressingly continuing winter) but there are just so many lovely unworn colours!
Ah, but your collections seem so neat! I loved the pic of your brushes etc.

Thank you
smiles.gif

Thanks! It feels so retro.

Hope you'll find one because you love the mints so much. OPI Nicole seems not so easy to get from eBay either, especially at a decent price&shipping.

Corally

Same here BuickMackane. No one is allowed to go near or touch my make-up or nail polish. I don't care if they think I'm crazy, I've learned my lesson. :eek:hboy:

Latest posts