Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Knope2012

so pretty Knope2012. I love the green on you. I plan to get more of these. I went to the dentist today and my nails were all the rave---compliments galore! Again I love the green on you!
eyelove.gif
Thank you! I adore green polishes. They're one of my biggest color collections, right behind blue!

Leeny

Here's last week's mani: Illamasqua Mottle

I also just bought BL Trout Pout and Nails Inc Sweets Away. Essie Merino Cool is sitting in my Ebay cart tempting me.
So pretty! I ended up at Sephora today, hoping the new Illamasqua nail polishes would show up, and as luck would have it they had the three I wanted (Mottle, Speckle, Fragile).

I've been super lazy and bad and haven't done my nails in what seems forever. :( I keep buying stuff from new collections but never actually get down to doing a mani/pedi. I'm hoping this thread will inspire me. :)

Medgal07

th_thstars.gif
Yay Ladies! Go for Illamasqua. I've had it on for fours days now---a real record breaker for me and it's just starting to show a little wear. I've been using my hands a lot, and in spite of that, I'm pleasantly surprised and elated that it's lasting so long. Unfortunately I'm ready for a change so I'll be moving on to another color that I've not yet worn. That's the challenge!!!
Thank you! The formula is really nice. I did three coats of that one, but I probably could've gotten away with two. I have NARS Purple Rain on today, and I would take a picture, but when I tried, my camera picked up all of the application imperfections. That's why I prefer shades like the Illamasqua one. They're more foolproof!

Medgal07

So pretty! I ended up at Sephora today, hoping the new Illamasqua nail polishes would show up, and as luck would have it they had the three I wanted (Mottle, Speckle, Fragile).

I've been super lazy and bad and haven't done my nails in what seems forever. :( I keep buying stuff from new collections but never actually get down to doing a mani/pedi. I'm hoping this thread will inspire me. :)
wavey.gif
Leeny! Inspire you? Inspire you? (said with even greater emphasis) This thread will not only inspire you but it will also make a significant impact on your wallet. So, take a deep breath and jump in. We're so glad to have you!!
grouphug2.gif

Medgal07

My A-englands shipped almost 2 weeks ago. i thought they were here already in the us and that llawore was going to ship them by usps. i guess they meant that they shipped from the uk. idk im loosing my mind lol
Still trying to be patient while awaiting my 10 A Englands. So hard to resist buying other NP to satisfy this overwhelming craving/addiction
icon_eek.gif
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

CC these are so incredibly gorgeous!!!!!
pompom.gif

Here are the Diors. I included Gris Trianon and Rosy Bow that I got from Saks last week. I absolutely love the brighter, more saturated colors. Tutu is very pretty too. It's so dainty. But I'm a little worried that Dior polishes may not like me. There was bubbling when I swatched the colors and I have a hard time getting an even coat. I feel like I keep brushing the color off my nail. Does anyone else have this problem? I want to dive in and get more colors, but I need to get the polish to work first. I'm not giving up, though.

Row 1: Lime, Pasteque, Mango, Saint-Tropez
Row 2: Tutu, Rosy Bow, Gris Trianon

Knope2012

I'm tempted to pick up a few of the polishes from the China Glaze Avant Garden collection...I may pop by Walgreens first though, to see if any of the new Sinful Colors polishes are similar. They're only $1 each at Walgreens this week!

jennyap

I'm sad to report that Butler Please is chipping horribly on me :( I touched it up yesterday having got a few chips in the first 24 hours, but now it's even worse, and because it's such a strong colour the missing chunks are super obvious.

honey on boost

Hi ladies!! I'm finally back from vacation.. I missed you guys! I was going through serious specktra withdrawls lol I see I have a lot of catching up to do.

Time to get to work
type.gif

Here are the Diors. I included Gris Trianon and Rosy Bow that I got from Saks last week. I absolutely love the brighter, more saturated colors. Tutu is very pretty too. It's so dainty. But I'm a little worried that Dior polishes may not like me. There was bubbling when I swatched the colors and I have a hard time getting an even coat. I feel like I keep brushing the color off my nail. Does anyone else have this problem? I want to dive in and get more colors, but I need to get the polish to work first. I'm not giving up, though.

Row 1: Lime, Pasteque, Mango, Saint-Tropez
Row 2: Tutu, Rosy Bow, Gris Trianon
Love them!!! Don't worry, I had the same exact problem at first. The good news is once you get used to the brush it'll be your favorite polish. When applying it don't hold your brush at an angle like you probably do with other brushes.. try to apply it as flat as possible and get enough polish on the brush. My problem was not putting enough polish on the brush and holding it at angle. Now it goes on like butter.

Slimmycakes

What a gorgeous blue!
drools.gif
Does anyone know how this^^ compares to YSL Bleu Majorelle?

And does anyone know where I can find swatches of the Color Club spring collection? I didn't see any yet. I'm interested in some of the colors.
flower.gif
I hope this link helps you Naynadine: http://www.eamimi.fr/2012/12/beautiiiiiiii/majorelle-ou-butler-please-le-test/
I want to purchase Butler Please but I already have the YSL and Nails Inc Baker Street. Don't think I can justify it.

Anneri

My Illamasqua Raindrops arrived!
flower.gif

Looking forward to using it.

Has anyone seen Buick around? Where's our master enabler? I miss her!

Slimmycakes

Lovely Diors CartoonChic. Please give me the top row, or even just Saint-Tropez! I truly have been avoiding this thread so I DON'T purchase any nail polish. But I think I will purchase three of the Illamasqua speckled polishes this weekend.
Here's a mani I wore last weekend: Chanel Fracas & Essie Where's My Chauffeur.

EDIT: Can't wait for you to post pics of Raindrops Anneri!

MRV

My Illamasqua Raindrops arrived!
flower.gif

Looking forward to using it.

Has anyone seen Buick around? Where's our master enabler? I miss her!
That's what I've been thinking too. Where is she?

I think I have to order the Raindrops soon, too. I noticed that the speckles are limited edition so I have to get them rather sooner than later. I'm planning to layer Raindrops with DL Glitter in the Air (going to order next week). I've seen this on some blogs.

MRV

I hope this link helps you Naynadine: http://www.eamimi.fr/2012/12/beautiiiiiiii/majorelle-ou-butler-please-le-test/
I want to purchase Butler Please but I already have the YSL and Nails Inc Baker Street. Don't think I can justify it.
Here's also a comparison between Nails Inc Baker Street and Essie Butler Please. She says they are so close you don't need both (I have BS already so guess I can skip BP then).

http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2012/10/opi-zoya-essie-china-glaze.html

Latest posts