Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I hope this link helps you Naynadine: http://www.eamimi.fr/2012/12/beautiiiiiiii/majorelle-ou-butler-please-le-test/
I want to purchase Butler Please but I already have the YSL and Nails Inc Baker Street. Don't think I can justify it.
Thank you! Looks like BP is brighter, but they're similar enough for me to just get one of them. I think I will still get the YSL at some point (when I have more funds that is, lol) I just got my first YSL and the quality seems great.

Anitacska

I'm really disappointed about the new China Glaze holo polishes. Saw a couple of swatches and they're nowhere near as linear as the initial pictures suggested. Now I don't know if I want any at all. I was really hoping they would be the same as the OMG ones which I don't have. :(

MACina

pompom.gif
.....woohoo!!!!!!
Lovely Diors CartoonChic. Please give me the top row, or even just Saint-Tropez! I truly have been avoiding this thread so I DON'T purchase any nail polish. But I think I will purchase three of the Illamasqua speckled polishes this weekend.
Here's a mani I wore last weekend: Chanel Fracas & Essie Where's My Chauffeur.

EDIT: Can't wat for you to post pics of Raindrops Anneri!

Corally

I'm really disappointed about the new China Glaze holo polishes. Saw a couple of swatches and they're nowhere near as linear as the initial pictures suggested. Now I don't know if I want any at all. I was really hoping they would be the same as the OMG ones which I don't have. :(
I think the only one I want is Galactic Gray.

Medgal07

Hi ladies!! I'm finally back from vacation.. I missed you guys! I was going through serious specktra withdrawls lol I see I have a lot of catching up to do.

Time to get to work
type.gif

Damn, girl!! You've caught up to my a england collection in a few orders lol. I love all your choices.
Love them!!! Don't worry, I had the same exact problem at first. The good news is once you get used to the brush it'll be your favorite polish. When applying it don't hold your brush at an angle like you probably do with other brushes.. try to apply it as flat as possible and get enough polish on the brush. My problem was not putting enough polish on the brush and holding it at angle. Now it goes on like butter.

wavey.gif
Welcome back honey on boost! I hope you had a marvelous vacation. I missed your mani pics! I have to agree w/ you on the Dior NP----I put Rosy Bow on yesterday and the brush seems huge compared to some others. Once I realized I needed more polish on the brush it was a snap

VampyCouture

I miss her too
ssad.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri My Illamasqua Raindrops arrived!
flower.gif

Looking forward to using it.

Has anyone seen Buick around? Where's our master enabler? I miss her!

Quote: Originally Posted by MRV
That's what I've been thinking too. Where is she?

I think I have to order the Raindrops soon, too. I noticed that the speckles are limited edition so I have to get them rather sooner than later. I'm planning to layer Raindrops with DL Glitter in the Air (going to order next week). I've seen this on some blogs.
I was thinking the same thing. This thread is lacking her wit and humor. Hopefully she is ok :)

I wish Raindrops was at Sephora, but it's not yet. Hopefully it will arrive soon so I can finally get my hands on it.

Leeny

wavey.gif
Leeny! Inspire you? Inspire you? (said with even greater emphasis) This thread will not only inspire you but it will also make a significant impact on your wallet. So, take a deep breath and jump in. We're so glad to have you!!
grouphug2.gif
Thanks Medgal! My polish stash is a bit out of control, I haven't counted since I'm a bit afraid to. LOL Thankfully, I don't order anything online so I'm limited to whatever I can get from Shoppers Drug Mart/Rexall, Trade Secrets, Sephora, MAC, and sometimes even Winners. I can't imagine how large my collection would be if I was able to get my hands on brands like Nfu Oh, A-England...

Anitacska

Thanks Medgal!  My polish stash is a bit out of control, I haven't counted since I'm a bit afraid to.  LOL  Thankfully, I don't order anything online so I'm limited to whatever I can get from Shoppers Drug Mart/Rexall, Trade Secrets, Sephora, MAC, and sometimes even Winners.  I can't imagine how large my collection would be if I was able to get my hands on brands like Nfu Oh, A-England...
That's my problem, it's the curse of the internet, I wouldn't know about most brands I own if it wasn't for the internet! Credit cards, eBay and I don't mix, lol. I used to have max. 20 nail polishes, now I own over 700! Eek! It's absolutely mad!

Leeny

That's my problem, it's the curse of the internet, I wouldn't know about most brands I own if it wasn't for the internet! Credit cards, eBay and I don't mix, lol. I used to have max. 20 nail polishes, now I own over 700! Eek! It's absolutely mad!
700! That's awesome. :)

I pretty much put an end to ordering anything (cosmetics, shoes, etc.) online as it was just too tempting and my purchases got out of control many years ago.

Dominique33

girlhaha.gif
Staying strong ? Euhhhh yes let's try !
Dior nail polishes are really good, the formula and brush are good ! But you're right we've got to try and stay strong !
greengrin.gif

Naughtyp

yay I got my tax return today!! I'm desperate to go buy something lol but I have to take an exam and then go to work ;( ughhh but maybe I can squeeze a stop in there somewhere lol I have been wearing Betty's comic cute polish! I love the final look it was kinda streaky tho so it took 3 coats but its so pretty!! CC you Dior and a England families look so nice!! I can't wait to get my first Dior. Spring Ball and if I like it enough I will try and grab the other ones that are in that collection. I want an illamasqua spreckle the purple for sure and I like the green one too but I don't kno if I should get I. cuz I want the DL one too that has the same idea. maybe I'll get the blue or pink one instead and just get the green DL one..... want to get my mini opi euro set too and a full size polka ;) for now tho.... it's algebra time! be back later!!

Naughtyp

yay I got my tax return today!! I'm desperate to go buy something lol but I have to take an exam and then go to work ;( ughhh but maybe I can squeeze a stop in there somewhere lol I have been wearing Betty's comic cute polish! I love the final look it was kinda streaky tho so it took 3 coats but its so pretty!! CC you Dior and a England families look so nice!! I can't wait to get my first Dior. Spring Ball and if I like it enough I will try and grab the other ones that are in that collection. I want an illamasqua spreckle the purple for sure and I like the green one too but I don't kno if I should get I. cuz I want the DL one too that has the same idea. maybe I'll get the blue or pink one instead and just get the green DL one..... want to get my mini opi euro set too and a full size polka ;) for now tho.... it's algebra time! be back later!!

CartoonChic

Thanks for the compliments about my stash. YES! You all could play in it. It would be fun, and I would love to play in all of yours.

I ordered the Disney Jasmine mirror from Sephora today, and got a few other things along with it. I still had my welcome VIB coupon to use up. I got Pennyroyal Lip Tar before it disappeared, and I couldn't resist Dior Nirvana. I don't see Nirvana on the department store sites. It looks like a darker Saint-Tropez. I had the NARS Loose Reflecting Powder, but removed it out of my cart at the last minute. I was trying to be good and save some money. I'm going to wait to get it later at a better sale price since it's a permanent item.

BUT that idea didn't last too long because I threw my first Illamasquas into my cart. I got Nomad and Mottle. I saw the beautiful speckled manis posted here and couldn't wait anymore to try it. I would've bought Raindrops too if Sephora had it in stock. Funny how quick I purchased some polish as soon as I come back into this thread!

Hi ladies!! I'm finally back from vacation.. I missed you guys! I was going through serious specktra withdrawls lol I see I have a lot of catching up to do.

Time to get to work
type.gif

Damn, girl!! You've caught up to my a england collection in a few orders lol. I love all your choices.
Love them!!! Don't worry, I had the same exact problem at first. The good news is once you get used to the brush it'll be your favorite polish. When applying it don't hold your brush at an angle like you probably do with other brushes.. try to apply it as flat as possible and get enough polish on the brush. My problem was not putting enough polish on the brush and holding it at angle. Now it goes on like butter.
I hope you enjoyed your trip, honey. Lol, I pillaged that A-England sale. I hope there's another soon that we'll be able to order from. Thanks for the tip about how to use the Dior brush. I'm going to try it.

MRV

I'm really disappointed about the new China Glaze holo polishes. Saw a couple of swatches and they're nowhere near as linear as the initial pictures suggested. Now I don't know if I want any at all. I was really hoping they would be the same as the OMG ones which I don't have.
ssad.gif
I'm not that enthusiastic either. I want rich, strong & saturated colours with a strong holo. I have to see more swatches to see if I want any.

They should just bring these back: http://www.morenailpolish.com/2010/03/i-love-holo-polish.html

I got some dappen dishes as well. This is OPI's Budapest. It changes from blue lavender to more periwinkle depending on the light. Love it!

It was difficult to catch the periwinkle but this is the bluest I got in natural light.

Latest posts