Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

CartoonChic

Ulta is having a Butter London buy 2/get 1 deal for Cyber Monday. I've been trying to place my order since this morning. I called customer service twice but nothing is working.

CartoonChic

were you able to place your order??
Nope. No idea why it didn't work either. Luckily, I told a dear friend about my problem and he gifted me the order I was trying to place. I wasn't expecting that. Now I have three new Butter Londons coming my way.

Toff
Gobsmacked (Medgal enable)
All Hail The Queen (kimibos enable)

BuickMackane has also enabled me with Deborah Lippmann. I'm lemming Mermaid's Dream and Cleopatra in New York. I have a Beauty.com coupon burning a hole in my pocket. Now I know what to use it on.

CartoonChic

Yes the Jeans, 3 beautiful blue polishes. Since they have been duped by " le club des créateurs de beauté " but honestly the Chanel trio is much prettier.

I found this on the Internet, THE perfect manicure.....

http://www.bellasugar.com/How-Manicure-Home-Chanel-Nail-Polish-Expert-2010-10-02-080000-11306810

Source : BellaSugar
I stumbled across this video from Butter London about a waterless pedicure while searching for swatches.

http://www.butterlondon.com/news/how-give-yourself-a-waterless-pedicure

SOURCE: butterLONDON

I recall Tom Bachik mentioning a dry manicure in the BellaSugar video. I was happy that I actually already know and practice a lot of the tips that he says in the video. It seems that mainly my polishing technique is outdated. However, I think I'm also going to start doing dry mani/pedis. Does anyone else do dry mani/pedis and how do you like them? Do you see a difference?

Medgal07

Nope. No idea why it didn't work either. Luckily, I told a dear friend about my problem and he gifted me the order I was trying to place. I wasn't expecting that. Now I have three new Butter Londons coming my way.
Toff
Gobsmacked (Medgal enable)
All Hail The Queen (kimibos enable)

BuickMackane has also enabled me with Deborah Lippmann. I'm lemming Mermaid's Dream and Cleopatra in New York. I have a Beauty.com coupon burning a hole in my pocket. Now I know what to use it on.
CartoonChic, I feel bad that the Ulta web site didn't work for you. I was nosing around on the Butter London web site and then jumped over to Ulta and did the following damage:
All Hail the Queen (Beige) (kimibos enable)
Black Knight, The (Black with Glitter)
Come to Bed Red (Sexy Red) (Someone on this thread enable)
Cream Tea (Pale Cream)
Jack the Lad (Moss Green w/Shimmer)
Knackered (Blue Oyster Sparkle)
Scuppered (Copper Shimmer)
Trout Pout (Cantaloupe)
Wallis (Metallic Olive Gold) (Someone on this thread enable)

There's an awful lot of enabling on this site & thread.
grouphug2.gif
I totally LOVE it.

I have a NP wish list, which heretofore did not exist. I left my doctor appointment this afternoon and executed a celebratory nail polish haul at Rite Aid that continued online at Ulta. Mind you, I don't need much convincing. The cliff was there...and I jumped...rather, I leaped....head first.
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

I stumbled across this video from Butter London about a waterless pedicure while searching for swatches.

http://www.butterlondon.com/news/how-give-yourself-a-waterless-pedicure

SOURCE: butterLONDON

I recall Tom Bachik mentioning a dry manicure in the BellaSugar video. I was happy that I actually already know and practice a lot of the tips that he says in the video. It seems that mainly my polishing technique is outdated. However, I think I'm also going to start doing dry mani/pedis. Does anyone else do dry mani/pedis and how do you like them? Do you see a difference?
I checked out the BL video. I can understand the fundamental ideology behind the waterless technique. I would imagine it might reduce the frequency & incidence of fungal and other salon acquired infections. I always do dry manicures but I've not tried the dry pedicure. Totally worth exploring, but would require a totally different mindset.

BuickMackane

CartoonChic, I feel bad that the Ulta web site didn't work for you. I was nosing around on the Butter London web site and then jumped over to Ulta and did the following damage:
Come to Bed Red (Sexy Red) (Someone on this thread enable)
Cream Tea (Pale Cream)
Trout Pout (Cantaloupe)
Wallis (Metallic Olive Gold) (Someone on this thread enable)

grouphug2.gif
I totally LOVE it.

I have a NP wish list, which heretofore did not exist. I left my doctor appointment this afternoon and executed a celebratory nail polish haul at Rite Aid that continued online at Ulta. Mind you, I don't need much convincing. The cliff was there...and I jumped...rather, I leaped....head first.
girlhaha.gif
Great hauls! I can already smell the nail polish fumes!
girlhaha.gif

BuickMackane

Just ordered Cleopatra in NY from Nelly.com. It was the only place I could find it (not counting the US-based outlets, obviously) and they had free shipping so I thought what the hell. AFAIK it's LE, and I'd be gutted if I missed it.

Job done. Hehe.

CartoonChic

I checked out the BL video. I can understand the fundamental ideology behind the waterless technique. I would imagine it might reduce the frequency & incidence of fungal and other salon acquired infections. I always do dry manicures but I've not tried the dry pedicure. Totally worth exploring, but would require a totally different mindset.
How do you do your dry manicure?

CartoonChic

Just ordered Cleopatra in NY from Nelly.com. It was the only place I could find it (not counting the US-based outlets, obviously) and they had free shipping so I thought what the hell. AFAIK it's LE, and I'd be gutted if I missed it.

Job done. Hehe.
Cleopatra in NY is LE?

VampyCouture

FYI,

www.HSN.com is offering free shipping and $10 off your first purchase of that site!! No minimum purchase.
I FINALLY scored a Deborah Lippman nail polish for only $8!

Code is 126362 for anyone wondering and goes till Dec. 31 I believe

Dominique33

Cleopâtra in NY looks pretty, I saw it yesterday on a blog ( I just have Across the Universe, Mermaid's Dream and Ray of Light, Deborah Lippmann is a great brand but not to be found here, I had to order on Beauty Bay and wait a long time, maybe 1 month to get the 3 ! )

BuickMackane

Cleopâtra in NY looks pretty, I saw it yesterday on a blog ( I just have Across the Universe, Mermaid's Dream and Ray of Light, Deborah Lippmann is a great brand but not to be found here, I had to order on Beauty Bay and wait a long time, maybe 1 month to get the 3 ! )
Yeah, BeautyBay can be hit or miss. Sometimes I receive my order in a week, sometimes it takes several weeks. Lippmann polishes are well worth the wait though.

I need to get Ray of Light and Sweet Dreams
eyelove.gif

kimibos

Come to Bed Red (Sexy Red) (kimibos enable)
Cream Tea (Pale Cream)
Trout Pout (Cantaloupe)
Wallis (Metallic Olive Gold) (kimibos enable)

grouphug2.gif
I totally LOVE it.

girlhaha.gif
oh dear i have to take the blame for all 3. cause i have been talking about them like crazy!. nice haul.

CartoonChic

FYI,

www.HSN.com is offering free shipping and $10 off your first purchase of that site!! No minimum purchase.
I FINALLY scored a Deborah Lippman nail polish for only $8!

Code is 126362 for anyone wondering and goes till Dec. 31 I believe
I blame the both of you for the purchases I just made. I take no responsibility. How can I possibly ignore an $18 polish for only $8?

HSN

• Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream (everybody enable)

Beauty.com

• Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York (BuickMackane enable)
  • NARS Zulu
  • Butter London Fishwife (kimibos enable)
  • Butter London No More Waity Katie
  • Butter London Jaffa

I got an email from Beauty.com with a new discount right after I read BuickMackane's post saying Cleopatra in New York is LE. Then they got Fishwife back in stock today. It was all over after that. Too many things aligned for me not to place an order. I also took the opportunity to get No More Waity Katie since I can't find it at Nordstrom, Ulta or Sephora, and I only see Jaffa at Nordstrom. I've wanted NARS Zulu since I learned about the color and plan to layer Cleopatra in NY over it.

I'm not even going to bother saying I'm done after that haul because we all know that probably isn't true.
sweatdrop.gif

BuickMackane

I blame the both of you for the purchases I just made. I take no responsibility. How can I possibly ignore an $18 polish for only $8?
HSN

• Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream (everybody enable)

Beauty.com

• Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York (BuickMackane enable)
  • NARS Zulu
  • Butter London Fishwife (kimibos enable)
  • Butter London No More Waity Katie
  • Butter London Jaffa

I got an email from Beauty.com with a new discount right after I read BuickMackane's post saying Cleopatra in New York is LE. Then they got Fishwife back in stock today. It was all over after that. Too many things aligned for me not to place an order. I also took the opportunity to get No More Waity Katie since I can't find it at Nordstrom, Ulta or Sephora, and I only see Jaffa at Nordstrom. I've wanted NARS Zulu since I learned about the color and plan to layer Cleopatra in NY over it.

I'm not even going to bother saying I'm done after that haul because we all know that probably isn't true.
sweatdrop.gif
Noone in a healthy state of mind would refuse a Deborah Lippmann polish for 8 quid. It would be churlish, rude and most antisocial. Those who do not buy Deborah Lippmann polishes for 8 quid when they've been given the chance to do so pose a serious danger to society and ought to be locked up.

Cleopatra & Zulu sounds like a winning combination btw!
peace2.gif

DILLIGAF

Oh another thing before I forget. Nordstrom constantly has sales on polish where there is a buy two get one free. I usually get my Deborah Lippmann or Butter London ones during this time. I will be sure to post the next time I hear about it coming back. For the ladies that into Butter London please please check out Fiddlesticks. It's a fuchsia glitter polish that's right on trend for the season. I bought mine when I grabbed Jack the Lad last month.

Latest posts