Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Medgal07

YES. i just love how all hail the queen looks! you got an awesome friend too.
oh dear i have to take the blame for all 3. cause i have been talking about them like crazy!. nice haul.
YES! You do!
friends.gif
Thank you!

kimibos

im getting all my BL and DL polishes tomorrow!! im impressed nordstroms shipping usually takes a whole week.

Medgal07

How do you do your dry manicure?
Very similar to the dry pedicure but with products to treat the cuticles (especially in the winter) because I don't like to cut them. I don't mind the pushing of the cuticles, but cutting is too risky. I use softening creams and heat treatments for the hands, then prep the nails with alcohol before application of a base coat, two coats of polish and a drying top coat.
With all of this new nail polish I'll be doing polish changes between full manicures. I just love the stuff!!!
girlhaha.gif

VampyCouture

I blame the both of you for the purchases I just made. I take no responsibility. How can I possibly ignore an $18 polish for only $8?
HSN

• Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream (everybody enable)

Beauty.com

• Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York (BuickMackane enable)
  • NARS Zulu
  • Butter London Fishwife (kimibos enable)
  • Butter London No More Waity Katie
  • Butter London Jaffa

I got an email from Beauty.com with a new discount right after I read BuickMackane's post saying Cleopatra in New York is LE. Then they got Fishwife back in stock today. It was all over after that. Too many things aligned for me not to place an order. I also took the opportunity to get No More Waity Katie since I can't find it at Nordstrom, Ulta or Sephora, and I only see Jaffa at Nordstrom. I've wanted NARS Zulu since I learned about the color and plan to layer Cleopatra in NY over it.

I'm not even going to bother saying I'm done after that haul because we all know that probably isn't true.
sweatdrop.gif
LOL! It's too good of a deal to pass up!

BuickMackane

LOL. At the rate that I'm going I'll need a third wall rack for my nail polish!
ohboy.gif
I keep mine in Helmers. Don't ask how many
angelic.gif

I love the idea of a wall rack - it would be much easier to find stuff. Plus, nail polish looks GOOD! Better than most things that pass off as decoration anyway. Hehe.

BuickMackane

These are all really pretty! I LOVE the glitter polishes but I find it hard to remove. Do you have any secrets or tips for removing glitter polishes?
Elbow grease!

And a nail polish remover that isn't particularly gentle (the nourishing, conditioning etc. ones don't cut it). I know some people who like to use pure acetone but my fingers would drop off if I did the same. I just soak a cotton pad with remover, keep it on the nail for about 30 seconds and then start rubbing off the polish in circular movements. I find that it helps if there's something to look at on the telly or on the computer screen because it.... goes....on.....for.... a.....bit. Youtube comments are suitably mind numbing.

There's a method where people put remover soaked cotton pads on each nail, cover the fingertips with tinfoil and re-enact scenes from Nightmare on Elm Street for about 10 minutes. Having been drenched in remover, the glitter polish is removed in one swipe! Allegedly. Never tried it myself. Not a Freddy Kruger fan.

Medgal07

Oh another thing before I forget. Nordstrom constantly has sales on polish where there is a buy two get one free. I usually get my Deborah Lippmann or Butter London ones during this time. I will be sure to post the next time I hear about it coming back. For the ladies that into Butter London please please check out Fiddlesticks. It's a fuchsia glitter polish that's right on trend for the season. I bought mine when I grabbed Jack the Lad last month.
They just had one on Friday. I ordered three Butter London & got one free. I just took a look at Fiddlesticks and it's way pretty! Will have to add that to my list. I'm trying ti find Minger...such a pretty orange but I didn't see it at Nordstrom or Ulta.
icon_eek.gif

Medgal07

Elbow grease!
And a nail polish remover that isn't particularly gentle (the nourishing, conditioning etc. ones don't cut it). I know some people who like to use pure acetone but my fingers would drop off if I did the same. I just soak a cotton pad with remover, keep it on the nail for about 30 seconds and then start rubbing off the polish in circular movements. I find that it helps if there's something to look at on the telly or on the computer screen because it.... goes....on.....for.... a.....bit. Youtube comments are suitably mind numbing.

There's a method where people put remover soaked cotton pads on each nail, cover the fingertips with tinfoil and re-enact scenes from Nightmare on Elm Street for about 10 minutes. Having been drenched in remover, the glitter polish is removed in one swipe! Allegedly. Never tried it myself. Not a Freddy Kruger fan.
lmao.gif
LOL
lmao.gif
I'm not a Freddy Kruger fan either, and I don't have the patience for that foil method and will look to the 'Telly' for some distraction...and rub away! Thanks for the tips!

Naughtyp

I finally decided on my disneyland nails!! I used DL Mermaids Dream... it matches my new jacket perfectly and my new Victorias Secret Pink Nation iPhone cover too ;) not super Christmassy but it fits the bill!! I am so in love with this polish , I got it back in early spring after I saw it in Allure magazine. I think it might be my fav np ever lol but of the year for sure!! I had put nails inc silver holo np on but it didn't feel right ;) I leave in the morning in time for a huge storm! :/ thank you ladies for the well wishes! sorry haven't responded been busy getting things ready ;) can't wait to home back cuz then I won't have to save lol and i will be able to buy more np!!! lol And my Grey Friday np will arrive by the time I get back home.... Happy Nail painting!! Be back soon

MRV

Just ordered Cleopatra in NY from Nelly.com. It was the only place I could find it (not counting the US-based outlets, obviously) and they had free shipping so I thought what the hell. AFAIK it's LE, and I'd be gutted if I missed it.

Job done. Hehe.
WHAT!?
censored.gif
I have to pay 4 Euros for shipping within Scandinavia and they send to Central Europe for free??? Hallå!!! Eleven.se has a better selection of DL but their shipping is just insane considering. I think I'm going to have to order the Mermaid before it's gone. I've been waiting for a long time.

BuickMackane

WHAT!?
censored.gif
I have to pay 4 Euros for shipping within Scandinavia and they send to Central Europe for free??? Hallå!!! Eleven.se has a better selection of DL but their shipping is just insane considering. I think I'm going to have to order the Mermaid before it's gone. I've been waiting for a long time.
Weird. Perhaps it's a temporary promotion? Or maybe I got free shipping because it was my first purchase.

Either way, I hope Cleopatra materialises in my postbox soon
drools.gif

honey on boost

Which one? Holy Grail v2 or Beauty Never Dies?

Both are on my wishlist but I'm in no rush because they're perm.
Beauty Never dies.. I received both in a Secret Santa exchange they are BEAUTIFUL!! I'm thinking of ordering Ophelia and Camelot since they are on sale right now and the free shipping is always nice.

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by honey on boost
Oh no! I'm off to look for some DL's!

If you like chunky, multicoloured glitters (aka psychedelic clown pukes) check out Candy Shop, Forget You and Let's Go Crazy
heart.gif

BuickMackane

Gonna have to check those out! I love them but I hate the removal. I'm making a list now for my Lynnderella order on Friday
eyelove.gif
Where will you get them from? I know LLarowe used to stock them but then there was this row over some eBay listings and AFAIK the only place you can get them now is Lynderella's own eBay store.

BuickMackane

Beauty Never dies.. I received both in a Secret Santa exchange they are BEAUTIFUL!! I'm thinking of ordering Ophelia and Camelot since they are on sale right now and the free shipping is always nice.
Nice!

Camelot's a very good choice if you're after a black creme. If you already have one I don't think it's worth getting.

re: Ophelia - the Gothic Beauties collection didn't appeal much to me (they all looked the same tbh). The Legend and Mythical collections were a completely different story
heart.gif

Latest posts