Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Naughtyp

cute ;) I keep meaning to take pics of all my np! but I dnt whether to do it by color or brand? of both? lol

kimibos

cute
winks.gif
I keep meaning to take pics of all my np! but I dnt whether to do it by color or brand? of both? lol
both or just go by what you're wearing, especially all those holidays manis that you are gonna be doing.
santa.gif

BuickMackane

i got some manis that i did this week. im not trying to enable anyone,
girlhaha.gif
but to kind of use what i got. cause im in a serious no-buy.

so all your recommendations are going into a list for around feb-mar 13.

BL Wallis. this polish is perfect for the holidays.

really close shot of DL Mermaid's Tears. the cell camera couldnt handle the amazingness? of this polish!!

and the little drawer where i keep all my BL polishes.
heart.gif
Awww. All those BLs cuddled up together in a little drawer!
fluffy.gif

Your nails are gorgeous btw. MD doesn't look half as good on my uber short nails.

BuickMackane

thanks, short nails are pretty too. sometimes i just get bored of long ones and file them all off. the BL drawer is magical
th_e2cloud9.gif
I have to keep my nails short because I wear contact lenses and I'm worried about poking my eye out. I've had too many near misses
lol.gif

I sometimes decide to let them grow but then one of them breaks and I have to file everything off because I can't stand my nails being different lengths.

CartoonChic

I finished an awesome mani with NARS Zulu and Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York as an accent.
eyelove.gif
th_happy1.gif

I hope the weather is nice tomorrow so I can take pics. Zulu is gorgeous! I completely understand the hype. When I swatched it a few days ago, I only did one coat just to see the color on my nail and I did it on top of another polish. I can see the difference since I did my nails for real this time. That first coat is going to be streaky and bad. The magic happens in the second coat. The polish needs some babying when applying, but nothing too in my opinion. The second coat actually applied very smoothly for me. Bottom line, I need a BU.

Cleopatra in New York makes a beautiful accent. It really compliments Zulu. I like to accent my pinky and pointer fingers and it's a very pretty effect. The combination also makes a pretty holiday look without looking too holiday if that makes any sense.

CartoonChic

i got some manis that i did this week. im not trying to enable anyone,
girlhaha.gif
but to kind of use what i got. cause im in a serious no-buy.

so all your recommendations are going into a list for around feb-mar 13.

BL Wallis. this polish is perfect for the holidays.

really close shot of DL Mermaid's Tears. the cell camera couldnt handle the amazingness? of this polish!!

and the little drawer where i keep all my BL polishes.
heart.gif
These are all so pretty! Wallis looks like a darker Chanel Peridot. I can't wait for Mermaid's Tears. It should be delivered tomorrow, and I should have the rest of my Butter Londons on Thursday.

CartoonChic

I have to keep my nails short because I wear contact lenses and I'm worried about poking my eye out. I've had too many near misses
lol.gif

I sometimes decide to let them grow but then one of them breaks and I have to file everything off because I can't stand my nails being different lengths.
My nails are always different lengths. I gave up trying to keep them the same and I prefer my nails longer. My pinky nails are always really long for some reason. A friend calls them my "coke nails."
WTF2.gif

I'm extremely hard on my hands, so my nails are always breaking or chipping and never even. I found out about this stuff called Instant Artificials by Salon Sciences. I've been using it for the past few weeks. I like it so far, but I'll know over the next few months or so if it's really working.

CartoonChic

hahaha. i know she went liptar crazy, but they are having a good deal. the 5 liptars plus the brush for $40. never mind the bright set is now back ordered. so you're safe.
girlhaha.gif

now you are enabling me and i luv you too!!
thmbup.gif
LOL! I did go crazy for Lip Tars. I couldn't help it. I'm glad Beauty.com restocked the sets. The problem is that I now have two colors from each set, but it's still a good value. I think I'll end up getting them anyway. But it's probably good that they're backordered because there are other things I want to buy.

I also didn't get the 20% polish discount to work. The prices never changed to the discounted price when I went through checkout. I just gave up.

kimibos

lol.gif

yeah i hate that too. it looks like im missing a piece of my finger.

kimibos

My nails are always different lengths. I gave up trying to keep them the same and I prefer my nails longer. My pinky nails are always really long for some reason. A friend calls them my "coke nails."
WTF2.gif

I'm extremely hard on my hands, so my nails are always breaking or chipping and never even. I found out about this stuff called Instant Artificials by Salon Sciences. I've been using it for the past few weeks. I like it so far, but I'll know over the next few months or so if it's really working.
lmao.gif

BuickMackane

WTF2.gif

Instant Artificials has clearly been working because your nails looked great in your Malice pics!

*adds Instant Artificials to the must-try list*

I'm very hard on my nails too. As a reformed nail biter, I always find myself picking at them whenever I get nervous or bored. Then there's the typing and cleaning of course. A few years ago I got fed up with my shorties and dabbled in Orly's Nail Rescue kit for a bit. It's a set consisting of nail glue and acrylic powder. In the beginning I used it exclusively for repairing chipped/split/cracked/etc. nails. That worked a treat and I was able to grow my nails quite a bit because I didn't have to file them down every other day. However, having an addictive personality, yours truly soon started covering all 10 nails with the stuff, broken or not. That's when things started going downhill - my nails got really weak and it took them several months to recover.

I'm really into nail oils these days. I don't know if you have it in the US, but Herome's Exit Damaged Nails is brilliant. And it smells great!
heart.gif