Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Pictures of my current many: Color Club Ulterior Motive. I applied it on Sunday night and it only had a bit of tipwear by last night, so I decided to add Backstage Pass on top and it resulted in a crazy blingy mani. Got lots of compliments on it today! Still only have minor tipwear which is just as well as it will be a bugger to get off!

No flash, in shade

With flash

In direct sunlight, no flash

In shade, no flash

With flash
However, have a look at this nail art using the same glitter polish!
th_drool.gif

Credit: http://moriesnailart.weebly.com/2/category/color%20club/2.html

CartoonChic

Hare Polish Hooky at the Hamlet (index, pinky)
China Glaze Keepin' It Teal (middle, ring, thumb)

The pics don't do this mani justice. It's gorgeous.
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

The green color is totally off in the pics. If you have either polishes, you know what mean. The green in my pics are washed out and not nearly as vibrant as the color is in person. I think the color could be described as an intense kelly green.

I was shocked to see how thin and watery Keepin' It Teal was after the first stroke. I recall seeing issues mentioned in this thread, but was still surprised by the consistency. I tried dabbing on the polish thickly to make it more opaque. Mistake. I removed it and started over. I then applied 3 thin coats. That worked very well. I got the opaque color I wanted, but it still has its squishy, jelly quality.

Keepin' It Teal matches the base color of Hooky at the Hamlet perfectly. Hooky also has that squishy jelly quality. I love that it has hidden blue glitter specks in it.

Anitacska

Gorgeous!
eyelove.gif

heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

The green color is totally off in the pics. If you have either polishes, you know what mean. The green in my pics are washed out and not nearly as vibrant as the color is in person. I think the color could be described as an intense kelly green.

I was shocked to see how thin and watery Keepin' It Teal was after the first stroke. I recall seeing issues mentioned in this thread, but was still surprised by the consistency. I tried dabbing on the polish thickly to make it more opaque. Mistake. I removed it and started over. I then applied 3 thin coats. That worked very well. I got the opaque color I wanted, but it still has its squishy, jelly quality.

Keepin' It Teal matches the base color of Hooky at the Hamlet perfectly. Hooky also has that squishy jelly quality. I love that it has hidden blue glitter specks in it.

MACina

bigheart.gif
....the combo looks gorgeous, Honi!
I did that today but theres always some nailpolish that seeps onto the cuticles regardless and its like the cuticles absorb it so it becomes difficult to clean off :-/ Like this:

Its like the cuticles on the ringfinger has absorbed the nailpolish and even if i scrub it with a q-tip its terribly difficult to get it off (But it does remove when I just stick my finger in a remover jar so it's not completely IN the cuticles). I've seen some ladies using these very flat stiff brushes and pure acetone, maybe I'll try that. it just feels like that must be harsh on your nails?

MACina

eyelove.gif
...beautiful
love.gif

heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

Dominique33

heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

Pretty mani !
flower.gif

MRV

sweatdrop.gif
Huh, we have a hot day today, already +27 C before noon!

Quote:

heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

Yet another awesome combo! I have to keep this in my mind.

Anitacska

I've picked up the Mermaid polishes and Zoya Tinsley form the post office and although I'm still grumpy about the customs charge, but oh wow! The pink and purple ones are especially
love.gif
Plus here's a couple of pictures of my Pretty jelly mini multichrome holos. Pointless Cafe has them swatched over black and
th_drool.gif
http://www.pointlesscafe.com/2013/05/pretty-jelly-goddess-collection.html

MACina

Wow, the Pretty Jelly holos look awesome
eyelove.gif

Never heard of them before!

The Mermaids and Tinsley are adorable too
love.gif

I've picked up the Mermaid polishes and Zoya Tinsley form the post office and although I'm still grumpy about the customs charge, but oh wow! The pink and purple ones are especially
love.gif
Plus here's a couple of pictures of my Pretty jelly mini multichrome holos. Pointless Cafe has them swatched over black and
th_drool.gif
http://www.pointlesscafe.com/2013/05/pretty-jelly-goddess-collection.html

I love buying different nail polish shades but only if they were affordable, and i just love those shades from link you have shared. Hoping to have one.

honey on boost

I did that today but theres always some nailpolish that seeps onto the cuticles regardless and its like the cuticles absorb it so it becomes difficult to clean off :-/ Like this:

Its like the cuticles on the ringfinger has absorbed the nailpolish and even if i scrub it with a q-tip its terribly difficult to get it off (But it does remove when I just stick my finger in a remover jar so it's not completely IN the cuticles). I've seen some ladies using these very flat stiff brushes and pure acetone, maybe I'll try that. it just feels like that must be harsh on your nails?
This is so cool! I love it.

Anneri

I'm here, I'm here!

I even have some pics!

DL The Lady sings the Blues. I found this one rather difficult in terms of application, but the result is rather nice!

Dominique33

I'm here, I'm here!

I even have some pics!

DL The Lady sings the Blues. I found this one rather difficult in terms of application, but the result is rather nice!
oh very pretty ! It's deeper than Across the Universe, I found Across the Universe difficult too, I very often use it over a " base " ( blue ) like Essie Butler please or another one.
DL glitter polishes are really to die for !

th_hello2.gif
no, no I am not following the Tropical Taboo thread, I'll pass on the collection !

Anitacska

Lovely!

I've checked all of T's swatches and I'm pretty sure I know what I want, so will just wait until TT launches here next week.

I'm here, I'm here!

I even have some pics!